NFS Shift Racing League season II (Arvore's Playground)

• Thread starter addictions
  • 326 comments
It was a fun night:

1st race I was behind Mohamu during 4 Laps and thought he had it,but a slight mistake on his side allowed me to reach the lead and after I got it really right and did a couple of good laps:)

2nd Race I've pursuited Shark the whole race and thought I had to settle for 3rd place,but in the last lap he went off and Capitalized on that and manage to sneak into 2nd position.

3rd Race I got it pretty easy I was able to sneak to the lead(Lefty who got the pole went wide in the very 1st corner and gave me the inside line:) )and stick to it to the end:sly:

Last race was the worst for me only did one pratice race with Lefty Friday night and I really hate that track...couldn't hold the lead from the very fast Hungary team and I was luck to manage second place at the finishing line.

Let's just hope we have more racers next week:tup:

The races:
(I link the uploaded videos as they available on the tube..)

1st race:
part1

part2

part3

2nd race:
part1

part2

3rd race:
part1

part2

part3

4th race:
part1

part2

Last edited:
I'd like race with this other League.. ;-) if it's not too late.. :scared:

Other League?:) is there an other one?:)

Lefty, please look on my video and comment my movement at Road America.. 1st lap, 1st corner..
I'm really sorry I hitted you, I think if I were more carefully, I could aviod this situation.
On the video it looks like you were spinning around because me, but while I was driving I didn't feel any connection (it is also true I didn't look in the mirror to see what happened there.. )
So if it was trully my foult, please tell it to me!

Other League?:) is there an other one?:)

Lefty, please look on my video and comment my movement at Road America.. 1st lap, 1st corner..
I'm really sorry I hit you, I think if I were more carefully, I could aviod this situation.
On the video it looks like you were spinning around because me, but while I was driving I didn't feel any connection (it is also true I didn't look in the mirror to see what happened there.. )
So if it was trully my foult, please tell it to me!

When I looked at my Video I was at the edge of the track struggling trying to keep control and work back on to the track w/ all 4 wheels, I had lost my momentum and everyone was coming hard as I was on the left side of the track at about 80% of what everyone was doing. Just as I was fully on the track I must have entered into your blind spot and you got into my right front sending me into the wall. I can’t state my thoughts any stronger, that our getting together was at the beginning of the race w/ basically the whole race left to go.

It’s no big deal Mo I don’t care if there was any fault by anyone, other then when someone is struggling up in front of the others, maybe the person struggling could be given a little room so they could try to get going again. It’s just no fun when your all by your self going as fast as you can and there is no way to catch up because the pack is just gone.

I just think that the few runners that have got the traction thing figured out and can run at 2 to 5 seconds faster per lap could give just a little consideration to the “more the merrier” thing. When I was in the public lobby running faster then anyone I would purposely slow down to have something to do and let the SQUIDS catch up, and tease them with the chance of catching me because I knew I could rostum any time I wanted to………lol

Lefty,
That's usually what I do. I'm loving this wheel. I usually smoke everyone off the line. I push as hard as I can, to make it through turn 1, because I know
someone is going to cream me if I don't.
Once I do,I usually slow down, and let everyone pass me, and then try to race them as cleanly as possible. Usually there is one or two jackasses, that I
practice my police spin out maneuver on :sly:
I'd love to race with you guys, but my times are nowhere near what they need to be.

I asked you Lefty because we know there are lags, and I was not sure it was my fault as i didn't feel any change in my car's movement when we had this incident. I'm really sorry that your race was over there, please believe me if I say if I knew what happened with you and if I could see the incident from your view, or if i could feel any contact, I would wait for you!

And I understand your point about the faster racers who give you 2-5 sec/lap.. I feel the same when I race with Arvore.., he never wait for us, and I don't mind this! but as time goes, i'm getting better and better ( as I feel), and every race with you guys make me faster and more carefull, in one word: I learn to race here! I'm happy that I didn't gave up to get faster after my first few races, please believe me I was very much disapointed when I saw I can't go with the most of the drivers..

But we race for points, and if we always wait for each other (of course this is also true for me when I'm slow or get in a situation as you had this weekend) where is the race in the hall thing? If I have to have just fun, I race just like you mentioned and I like to wait for the others to make the race more exciting (as i usually do on endurance races), but in this case there is an opportunity to loose the hall race.. So we have to decide: we race for the points (with fair driving) or we race just for fun, but in this case all of the drivers have to think the way you do, or there is no point about the hall thing.. that is why I wanted make some kind of handycap on the endurance runs.. but I think this option is impossible in this game..

I think Jay have to get minus my points on that race! (but I'm getting a bit enough of that game every time we have problems during the races.. )
I pray for GT5 every night before going to sleep! LOL

This was the reason why I suggested the delay of the annoucement of the combos-Level the Field.
There are always going to be winners and loosers,thats racing...but we don't have too win to have fun...in SCC league I never won ,and never will,a single race usually I fight(very hard) to be 6th,sometimes not to be last,sometimes-when a certain Irish alien joins-not to get lapped...but I am still in and still have fun...real life is like that if all Loeb contenders thought like that there wouldn't be WRC competition:)

This was the reason why I suggested the delay of the annoucement of the combos-Level the Field.

Respect mate, but I don't understand why do you think it would help? I practice only 1 or 2 hour before the races just to find a setup or to see how is it optimal to handle that car on the actual track, I think it doesn't help me much to get faster..(actually I think a good setup can give you sometimes a few seconds if we race in a mixed lobby)
But for example maybe it helps for the others who feel they have to get faster, and they can practice the combos more then the drivers who don't need it..
the thing that counts here i think, how did you learn to handle the cars in this game.. for example if I could have a whole week to practice SCC, i still have no chance to drive like you, (and I still don't talk about those aliens:) lol) because I simply don't feel i could handle the cars in that game.. maybe after weeks, but I'm really not sure in this..
Before I joined the League, I had the same problem,but practice helped me to get better

Please don't misunderstand, it is far away from me to downgrading anyone, I feel maximum respect to everybody here, but it is the truth i think.
If you want to win (and who doesn't want, it is a great feeling!) and you feel you're not enough fast, practice! I would do the same in SCC if I could have more time. And that is what I'm going to do with GT5 when it comes out finally... if ever it will lol If you don't want to win, it is not a race:) it's called joyride. I like that too, but than we don't need the pointtable..
So what do we do on every weekend? lol

Hello everyone! I saw the race on youtube ... really beautiful ... Unfortunately I could not participate because I was not home! I hope to be there next time! Congratulations to all!

Please don't misunderstand, it is far away from me to downgrading anyone, I feel maximum respect to everybody here, but it is the truth i think.
If you want to win (and who doesn't want, it is a great feeling!) and you feel you're not enough fast, practice! I would do the same in SCC if I could have more time. And that is what I'm going to do with GT5 when it comes out finally... if ever it will lol If you don't want to win, it is not a race:) it's called joyride. I like that too, but than we don't need the pointtable..

Hey Mo my concerns are not about me:sly:
I think I have prooved myself all what I needed in Shift-despite not being the faster ,being a competitive and FAIR driver:)
My concerns are others who I feel are begining to feel discouraged by their results:guilty: and so I was trying to figure out a way to level the field...or else it will be You,me and Shark and thats no fun:tdown:
Well probably things will be more interesting again with some old regulars and newcomers joining-hopefully-next weekend:tup::)

I don’t want anyone to lose their points because of an unforeseen incident. This stuff is all shiftz n giggles to me and hopefully someday I can run with the fastest and join the party. My frustration comes from real racing and always having the ability to find some trick to make my stuff fly. Everything I try these days to make the car go faster just doesn’t seem to work and I can’t figure it out and it just sukz. The only thing I can figure out is that I’m going to have to stop hanging out the corners and drive more like GT5p. I’m bummed that I will have to stop having fun sliding the corners and drive the cars all proper just to squeeze out every tenth. It starts to feel like work and not play.

I think the greatest times I ever had was when I would practice riding dirt bikes w/ my buddies and we would ride so fast for hours just screwing around having pure fun, that fun factor would work it’s way into what we would do in the real race, and life was the best. With this kind of racing where there is actually nothing to hold in your hand after it is all over, makes it easy to loose. So my thoughts are always to look out for the fun factor.

I just did a 10 lap pratice in the Scion...what a grat engine sound:) I think it was the first time I drove it-don't know why never felt very appealing-and what a great singing it has:tup: speccialy in the tunnel:crazy:

That shows how unsubstanciated was the statement someone posted a while ago ranting how all the cars sounded the same...guess he never played it:dunce:

Welcome back Ris.

It's ok If you have time to practice which I don't. This Is why my results have been pants over a number of weeks.
But I'm not here to win (thats why I back down on corners when next to people)
I'm here to have fun with great guys.

Hello All,

I've been lurking on the forum for around a month now, reading about season one and following you guys to season two. Was wondering if you guys could use one more driver in this championship....I'm somewhere around level 30 in the game, love racing online, hate dirty drivers!! I just can't stand one more race where a loonie wheeler is shunting me off the track on a straight!!!

As for introductions, my name is Matt. I'm a parts guy at an auto dealership, and an aspiring road racer as a member of the National Auto Sport Association (NASA). Not too sure if you guys are familiar (I'm in Pennsylvania), but I'm HPDE2 currently working towards receiving a competition license. I own a 1993 Honda Civic hatchback, have swapped an Integra Type-R engine and transmission into it, and plan to race in the Honda Challenge. So, needless to say, I'm definately going to be a clean, stand-up driver!

I've read the rules for the League, and I'm prepared to follow them. I have a handle on the time differences and would like to begin racing with you guys, as just the stories in this thread have gotten me pumped to play Shift, so I can just imagine the races.

I personally prefer longer races on real road courses (Road America is my fav!) but I'm open to race anything....anywhere. I'm not sure if theres a trial run that I need to perform, but I'm up for anything! A question.....do you guys have group practices during the week to prepare for races? I'd like to join if that's the case, as to learn all your driving styles.

Just let me know what I need to do to get into the action, can't wait!! As an aside, only a few more months 'till we can move this league to GT5!!! Woo!

Matty

I'm not sure if theres a trial run that I need to perform, but I'm up for anything! A question.....do you guys have group practices during the week to prepare for races? I'd like to join if that's the case, as to learn all your driving styles.

Just let me know what I need to do to get into the action, can't wait!! As an aside, only a few more months 'till we can move this league to GT5!!! Woo!

Matty

I there Matt.WELCOME:tup:

Usually there are no official pratice sessions,people just meet online and play during the week or schedule over here at GTP an hour to meet.I usually play shift Friday nights so add me on PSN and I'll hit You an invite:)

EDIT: Forgot the PSN tags are gone my PSN ID is: arvore

Appreciate the welcoming responses guys!! I just forgot one thing, my PSN username! It's actually just plain ' Mitsuzuki ' . Just drop the 'The' prefix and we're good.

As for race #1 this weekend, does the "mixed points" thing mean we could modify the car how we please, performance-wise? Can't go wrong with a Spa race too, definately looking forward to that!!

(Real)Road racing-wise, how bout LeMans?? Those poor Peugeots just can't get that reliability right!!! Thanks again guys!

Matty

Welcome Matty!

Add me to your PSN list, my PSN ID is: mohamu26

I'll be online today and maybe tomorrow too at about 19:30GMT!

It is good to see new faces here!

And for your LeMans question: AUDI RULEZ!!! LOL

As for race #1 this weekend, does the "mixed points" thing mean we could modify the car how we please, performance-wise? Can't go wrong with a Spa race too, definately looking forward to that!!

Matty

Yeah you can fully upgrade the Civic for the first race.Only the last race at SPA it's limited to an Audi 14 rated.Just ask Mohamu for his tune:sly:

Welcome to the league Matty, add me to your PSN and I'll do some practice laps with you later, my PSN is JamieC2311 ;)

I look forward to meeting you on track :lol:

I'm going to give it a whirl this weekend, since there are no retarded cars :nervous:
I created a GTP account, but I see no one is using theirs.
I've got all my tunes set up on that one.
So add GTP_BRP17 and I'll come play.

Oh yeah.....tunes!! I have to be honest guys, the only tuning I've done in this game so far has been a 'Renown Tuning' job on the GT3RS. Made it a good bit easier to drive! I've never been in a private lobby in Shift. Tuning, I'm assuming, is allowed in private lobbies? I'll be at a bit of a disadvantage in that right, but no worries, my eye-blinding speed will make up for that! (sarcasm MAJORLY intended!!)

Thanks for the heads up on upgrading the ole' CVCC, Arvore. A souped up FWD should be a blast on the Hatch! I havn't driven many FF cars in this game, but I'm definately looking forward to it. Question....does everyone utilize a headset while racing? I'm not too sure how much I'll be conversing whilst apexing, but in the lobby I think it'd be great!

As for practice, great thanks to everyone who replied. I've just always found it's easier to figure out what kind of chances one can take pertaining to overtaking when I've had some practice doing it without the pressure of race results. I've written down everyones PSN name on a little piece of paper while here at work, and I'll be adding all of you to the network tonight. A friend is stopping by tonight to try the G25, and we'll be practicing tonight around 1900 GMT, so we'll be seeing you in a short time!

Thanks again for helping me feel so welcome guys, I've been searching for a quality racing league for a loooong long time, and I do believe I've found that great community!!

Thanks for the heads up on upgrading the ole' CVCC, Arvore. A souped up FWD should be a blast on the Hatch! I havn't driven many FF cars in this game, but I'm definately looking forward to it. Question....does everyone utilize a headset while racing? I'm not too sure how much I'll be conversing whilst apexing, but in the lobby I think it'd be great!

At least me, Lefty and additions use mics in the lobby...BTW here is the link to Terronium's Civic tune(in that thread I think you can find pretty much tunes for all cars,if it doesn't suit you for some reason pm him,I'm sure he will be glad to help You:tup: ):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3859220&highlight=civic+si#post3859220

:cheers:

Heh, just printed that out after finding it! Thanks for the heads up though, Arvore. I'm not sure if I'll ever get a good handle on the trial-and-error aspect of finding a good tune, but I'd be happy to 'borrow' Terroniums'!! See ya'll at practice tonite!!

PS. Audi DOES rule!!! Love all their race cars, but I've driven an '01 S4 in anger a few times now(owned by a friend), you can deeefinately notice that the engine hangs over that front axle.....holy understeer Batman!!!!

Thanks again for helping me feel so welcome guys, I've been searching for a quality racing league for a loooong long time, and I do believe I've found that great community!!

I felt the same when I found this place and guys! I can tell you this is a great community and I'm also happy to be a member of this League! Welcome once more!

About the Audi: yes, the are really understeered, but if you hear the sound of a 20V engine with a turbo on it, you almost forgot everything negative LOL
I hope Audi will make a real RWD car with mid-placed engine.. but I see not much chance for it!

I think on the Spa race you can use the maximum upgraded RS4, I think it is exactly 14 rated! (my setup was made for the ring, but as Spa is a long and fast track too I hope it will work there too!)

My Civic is not tuned yet, I only made a paintjob on it... but we can meet on PSN at about 19:30GMT! Maybe you know that you can't see a game invitation while you're in a race, so please send a message on PSN or invite to a chatroom if you're ready for some practice.

Oh, I almost forget to ask: do you have all DLC to the game?

Back