NFS Shift VS GT5

GT5 or NFS Shift?

  • Gran Turismo 5

    Votes: 34 91.9%
  • Need for Speed Shift

    Votes: 3 8.1%

  • Total voters
    37
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
3,206
Canada
2.2L Camry
Messages
NissanSkylineN1
Messages
Xbox??? Who is this Xbox??
I'm getting a PS3 soon and i was wondering which one I should get. NFS Shift of GT5? (when it comes out of course.) Please do not say both. One or the other.
I would like if you could explain too.
 
Why isn't this in the PS3 section?

Having not played any NfS's since, well, the first one, I'd go with GT5.
 
Why is this here?

Totally wrong place to post this, you are also asking us to compare two titles, only one of which has been released, which is a tad difficult.

I'm moving this to the correct place.


Scaff
 
I'm getting a PS3 soon and i was wondering which one I should get. NFS Shift of GT5? (when it comes out of course.) Please do not say both. One or the other.
I would like if you could explain too.

Are you serious ? :dunce:
 
Buy the PS3 and GT5 Prologue (it's rather cheap now) and download the Shift demo from the Playstation Store. If you like how GT5P (although GT5P probably isn't an exact representation of what GT5 will be like, it should give you a fairly good idea) plays over Shift, get GT5. If you like the Shift demo over GT5P, get Shift. Although, if you're getting a PS3 soon, I'm sure you'll be able to get Shift now and save up enough by March to get GT5 too.
 
Come on, which answer do you expect??
 
Is that a joke? Shift is crap and it's not even finished. I'm trying to sell it but nobody wants it.
 
Is this a joke? How are we supposed to say which game is better? GT5 isn't even out yet... In this case, NfSS is better.
 
Is that a joke? Shift is crap and it's not even finished. I'm trying to sell it but nobody wants it.

I sold it before everybody realised it was crap. :p
 
nice poll right there

you should get NFS Shift because it's the only one you can actually buy.



PS : may i recommend NFSplanet.net/forum ?
 
I sold it before everybody realised it was crap. :p

Haha. Well, I've ordered it some time ago. I kind of like it to be honest. Not in a realism way, just for fun. :)
 
This HAS to be a joke. The Need For Speed series are generally a joke. They spit them out like dirt to make money, and the games are boring, monotonous and much more arcade-like than any other driving "simulator".
 
This HAS to be a joke. The Need For Speed series are generally a joke. They spit them out like dirt to make money, and the games are boring, monotonous and much more arcade-like than any other driving "simulator".

That's right. You want to know why? Because they weren't developed to be a simulator!
 
IMO this thread should be locked, there's nothing to discuss about

1)Shift is crap
-an unfinished game with glitches everywhere
-a semi arcade with embarrassing physics
-you can't tune and immediately test the changes you make
-you can't customize the controls (need patch)
-you can't customize the livery (need patch)
-AI way too aggressive (they said they won't modify that with the upcoming patch)
I'm sure I forgot some elements

2)GT5 is a completely different game and it won't be released before March 2010
 
Bounkazz - Even so, it is still a rubbish game, which should never have been released. When you start making games solely for the capital in it like EA, then you should quit making games.
 
I sold it before everybody realised it was crap. :p
Darn it! Do you want my copy? I will PAY YOU xD. I just want to get rid of it.

sorry about the double post
 
and isn't that a surprise, 100% of people of the world thinks, you should buy GT5 :lol:
 
oh come on now! there shouldnt even be a comparison between the two! theres no way on gods green earth that need for speed shift is realistic, its just need for speed bringing needless noobery from fast and furious into MENS racing
 
🤬 who voted for shift?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Darn it! Do you want my copy? I will PAY YOU xD. I just want to get rid of it.

sorry about the double post

Okay the, but only if you pay me the full retail price. :indiff:

:lol:

@ Bounkazz: I played it for 2 weeks, I had a pretty good time with it. But the game has SOOOOOOOOOOOO much issues that I couldn't bare it anymore. Especially in terms of physics. Those bumps on every track in a slow car, where F1 cars in real life don't jump everytime - COME ON NFS! :crazy: One time I had such a hard time correcting from the bumps and the AI looks like has no bumps to deal with; it's just very unfair. :guilty:
 
Lol, you all sound like the guys on forzamotorsports.net.
 
Seriously? What two smart alecs voted for NFS Shift? :sly:
 
Shift is much more work when driving with wheel(G25).More steering,more delicate braking(ABS off),more pumping gas(rally style).All good things,enjoyable.
 
This thread is getting locked, and not because of the topic.

Rather its getting locked because of the sheer level of abuse a good number of you have chosen to spout.

Yes this is a GT forum, that does not mean that other sims are not to be discussed, nor does it mean they are automatically crap.

I would strongly advise that a good number of you think more carefully what you post in future, as a fanboy attitude of this nature is not wanted here.

I've handed out one infraction as a result of this thread and a good number of you have come close to warning.

To be blunt the main standard of post in this thread is very, very poor.

Not impressed.


Locked

Scaff
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back