NFS-Shift Weekly Online Racing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the people in this league are hilarious, namely you SteveO...you drunken fool. :lol:

Well I had a pretty gash (on the racing front) end to the season but still epic fun!
Pink cars were LEGENDARY!
I was booted in the first race, got shunted (no hard feelings HOG) in the second race, and I spun Kemp (sorry again bud) in the third race which ruined both of our chances as I slowed to let him re-pass.
Myself, hog and kemp had a little after-party with races at Brands Hatch, Silverstone, and Donington. I finally started to race ok in the donington race and bagged a win :P
I wasn't keen on any of the three tracks this weekend, but I still had great fun! SteveO, sorry you missed out. The pink cars we all had would have suited you ;)

Lobby 1

1. Race 1: (Manufacturer Race Lobby) : London Royal Mile Track, Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
17169136.jpg
Manny

Just to make it easier and I think I speak for the whole lobby in group A go ahead and give Nitro 2nd place at London Mile. He got booted late and pretty much had 2nd place in the bag...

Are you sure I said that? Check again.

Thats what you were implying, why would I want to be removed? I decided I was going to leave it this weekend as I haven't really played the game this week and decided i was going to go to my Dads house to have a drink with the family. I don't see why you need to know the reason why, all you need to know is that I won't be online tonight. Its none of your business why, but whatever the reason, why would you think I would want to be removed?

I'm sorry if I've worded some replies wrong and I've come across like an arrogant badger but come on FFS, you went a bit over the top, its just a game, theres others who haven't raced after you've planned for them to be and you haven't asked them do they want to be removed. I appreciate what you do for us but things happen.

And yes I will be racing as normal next week (Unless something comes up) if thats ok with you :odd:

Manny

Just to make it easier and I think I speak for the whole lobby in group A go ahead and give Nitro 2nd place at London Mile. He got booted late and pretty much had 2nd place in the bag...

Yes, he got disconnected on 7th lap and 2 place was in his pocket and maybe even ...

Good racing mates 👍 Manny is getting pretty unbeatable...:bowdown: i'm sorry for HOG for getting disconnected in the 1st race while he was inthe lead...:drool: it sucks i know, already happened to me twice(in 1st weekend event),but since i've hardwired my ps3 during these events i didn't get these anymore. One more lap in R.A and you had reape me that 2nd place thats for sure...you were being about 1 sec. faster per lap...:cheers:

yea i lost it 3rd lap and messed up my steering i had to work so dam hard to catch up with you and it got me no were, but you must have had a few bad corners as all of a sudden i started to catch up to you.

Well I had a pretty gash (on the racing front) end to the season but still epic fun!
Pink cars were LEGENDARY!
I was booted in the first race, got shunted (no hard feelings HOG) in the second race, and I spun Kemp (sorry again bud) in the third race which ruined both of our chances as I slowed to let him re-pass.
Myself, hog and kemp had a little after-party with races at Brands Hatch, Silverstone, and Donington. I finally started to race ok in the donington race and bagged a win :P
I wasn't keen on any of the three tracks this weekend, but I still had great fun! SteveO, sorry you missed out. The pink cars we all had would have suited you ;)

I am so so so so so so sorry mate, i just watched it you went wide and i went on the inside i thought i had cleared you i am so sorry mate my back end was out as i passed you, i was trying to pull it in as far as i could, i didn't release you had span out very sorry mate, that was such a crappy move i should know better.
Manny could you give Aldo one of my points as it was a clear foul.

My pink GAYardo will be on Tomorrow if anyone dares race it :)

I will take you up on that, ME and YOU have a score to settle :lol:

you missed it all mate was such a luagh seeing all these pink gayardos.
mine had your name on.

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Great race guys some good footage.

I didn't use my mic tonight and made it through all 3 races. But rickyracer7 restarted the server after each race which I think may have helped. I got my first fast lap of the season tonight and I am pumped up. That with my 1st place podium earlier in the season and I have to say I love it. Great season to all, we had a few problems through out the season but all in all I had fun. I won't be a noob next season, and I hope to be competitive so watch out guys. Thanks for the hard work with organising this Manny, bring on the new and improved season 2.

HELL YEA fastest lap on one race WELL HAPPY WITH THAT :lol:

MANNY what the hell did you put in that lambo's fuel tank rocket fuel :lol:

Last edited:
HELL YEA fastest lap on one race WELL HAPPY WITH THAT :lol:

MANNY what the hell did you put in that lambo's fuel tank rocket fuel :lol:

Yeah, man that 58.9 you turned is really fast. Beat me by a full second! 👍 I was just lucky to get away from the crowd cleanly in the second and third races. I had the Gallardo tuned for max acceleration and I was lucky in the second race to be on the front row.

It's much easier to focus on driving when you're ahead of the crowd. :)

At RA I started in the middle, but everyone always goes in too hot in that first corner, so the first row just kind of slid away off the track and it was just Aldo and I! And Aldo overcooked the second corner! And I overran the third corner at the end of that long straight. :lol: But not enough to lose the lead though.

Jamie-C, why is it that you can see what I’m “implying” in my post, but you can’t understand why I saw you “implying” that you were bored with the game? If you read your original post that's what you implied.

If you don’t understand that then there is no sense in discussing this further.

And more importantly why do you use “WTF” and “FFS” in your posts? Are you twelve years old? Do you understand why they might piss someone off? Have I posted to you like that?

As far as I’m concerned my misunderstanding of your original post would have been already a forgotten subject if you had just come back with a civil reply. All I’m asking for is a little courtesy here.

Hi guys,
I'll be online later if any wants to race say in about an hour from now.

Hey Manny I think you have a good idea about a (backup) sunday race.
Half points should be awarded and it should be a set certain time like the saturday race.
I vote that we race the backup race at 10:00am sunday, starting the next season.
I think also next season should have 2 main host and 2 backup host.

I would like to say that I thank you for all you have done for this league,and I would urge people to just take a moment and report if you can't race on saturday or sunday during the week.
Thank you

I think a restart rule would be good. Don't want people to start saying that the race was restarted for someone else but not for me. And for those who get booted within the first lap, getting booted within the first 30 seconds of the race really sucks. This is just my wish list, but I would like to see like a team league add on, where teams could challenge other teams. You could have 2v2s, 3v3s and such, have the teams agree upon a time. You could do one choosen track/car or best of 3. Earn indiviual points and team points at the same time. Shift already has the team mode setup. Still have the weekly solo races, maybe for more points. Man that would be great, but a lot of work. So get on it Manny. (This is like Burger King right, I can have it my way right?:sly:)

Maybe a nice league website, where you can report races and log points. Is any one writting this down, this is good stuff? I'm sure with another drink I will have more ideas.:cheers:

I think a restart rule would be good. Don't want people to start saying that the race was restarted for someone else but not for me. And for those who get booted within the first lap, getting booted within the first 30 seconds of the race really sucks. This is just my wish list, but I would like to see like a team league add on, where teams could challenge other teams. You could have 2v2s, 3v3s and such, have the teams agree upon a time. You could do one choosen track/car or best of 3. Earn indiviual points and team points at the same time. Shift already has the team mode setup. Still have the weekly solo races, maybe for more points. Man that would be great, but a lot of work. So get on it Manny. (This is like Burger King right, I can have it my way right?:sly:)

Yeah, that's a very good point. I hate seeing guys get kicked as soon as the race starts. If it were up to me alone, I'd say we restart every race where people get booted in the first three laps. It's only happened to me once, but it really sucked.

My only worry is that we spend tons of time restarting races. Maybe if we put a limit of two restarts?

Maybe a nice league website, where you can report races and log points. Is any one writting this down, this is good stuff? I'm sure with another drink I will have more ideas.:cheers:

That's an excellent idea! So, you write the code and when it's done tell me where it is! :lol:

Has anyone noticed that the more I drink the higher my post count gets. I like the two restart limit, 3 laps into the race and I am already in my zone. With that much time in game hopefully no would be tempted drop connection in favor of a better restart. Now about writting that code, will I need a decrypter ring for this.:confused:

I didn't use my mic tonight and made it through all 3 races. But rickyracer7 restarted the server after each race which I think may have helped.

I hope everybody didn't mind taking 5 minute breaks in between each race but I felt a little "fresher" mentally instead of racing three straight dogfights, I also think the chat works perfectly letting everybody know when the race is about to start.

Race one at London Mile went pretty much like I expected since I knew I wasn’t particularly fast on that track I was just hoping to sneak in a podium finish.

Race two I was a little disappointed in myself for not being more consistent, after practicing all week not to hit the entrance after the start line I hit that damn wall three times. My highlight was definitely trading positions back and forth with Jonsey. The only thing that really caught me off guard was how fast NC 2 VA was on that track, trying to stay on his bumper got me in a little trouble.

Race three was the one race I knew I had a chance of winning, Road America is a track that is very familiar to me. I envisioned the race coming down between Nitro, MR. USA and myself fighting bumper to bumper for the whole 10 laps. The first corner I was proud of everybody for coming through cleanly with no one dropping off. But a little after the start of the tunnel is where the race took a drastic turn. Nitro got a bit squirrely and by the time I hit the brakes he was on my hood and eventually went sideways going from 1st to last. Our little encounter upset me so much I didn't have a clean lap for the next three laps. I like winning as much as the next person but I really wanted this race to be incident free, having a 10 dogfight excites me much more than winning. So after taking a penalty on laps 2,3 & 4 I changed my strategy and went for consistency instead of fast lap times. Darkos finally made a mistake on lap 7 and I finally took the lead and held on for the win.

Just wanted give a quick shout out to Manny for making this all possible. Without him Forcing me to race without assists and starting this league shift might have been collecting dust by now.

P.S. I do believe Arvore is the king of the manufactures race. A 1.37 on London Mile is truly a time to be reckoned with.

I hope everybody didn't mind taking 5 minute breaks in between each race but I felt a little "fresher" mentally instead of racing three straight dogfights, I also think the chat works perfectly letting everybody know when the race is about to start.

Race one at London Mile went pretty much like I expected since I knew I wasn’t particularly fast on that track I was just hoping to sneak in a podium finish.

Race two I was a little disappointed in myself for not being more consistent, after practicing all week not to hit the entrance after the start line I hit that damn wall three times. My highlight was definitely trading positions back and forth with Jonsey. The only thing that really caught me off guard was how fast NC 2 VA was on that track, trying to stay on his bumper got me in a little trouble.

Race three was the one race I knew I had a chance of winning, Road America is a track that is very familiar to me. I envisioned the race coming down between Nitro, MR. USA and myself fighting bumper to bumper for the whole 10 laps. The first corner I was proud of everybody for coming through cleanly with no one dropping off. But a little after the start of the tunnel is where the race took a drastic turn. Nitro got a bit squirrely and by the time I hit the brakes he was on my hood and eventually went sideways going from 1st to last. Our little encounter upset me so much I didn't have a clean lap for the next three laps. I like winning as much as the next person but I really wanted this race to be incident free, having a 10 dogfight excites me much more than winning. So after taking a penalty on laps 2,3 & 4 I changed my strategy and went for consistency instead of fast lap times. Darkos finally made a mistake on lap 7 and I finally took the lead and held on for the win.

Just wanted give a quick shout out to Manny for making this all possible. Without him Forcing me to race without assists and starting this league shift might have been collecting dust by now.

P.S. I do believe Arvore is the king of the manufactures race. A 1.37 on London Mile is truly a time to be reckoned with.

Well I can vouch for how fast you can be on Road America. It's just a shame that you ticked-off "The Penalty Gods" like you have. I've never seen anything like it, except possibly for HOG who also gets a time penalty for just looking at the grass. This game is great fun, but so wierd at times. :odd:

And you're right arvore is awsome in the stock cars. If he get's a clean start it's a good bet you won't catch him. 👍

And thanks for the kudos. Much appreciated. :)

The only thing that really caught me off guard was how fast NC 2 VA was on that track, trying to stay on his bumper got me in a little trouble.

I like how that sounds ;). Hopefully I can stay up with pack and race with you guys more often, it was a lot of fun.

Stevo's imagination knocked me down! Seriously, that pink Lambo and initials on it 👍 job.

Arvore time in London took me by surprise. Nicely done 👍

Ricky Racer from zero to hero 👍 After couple of weeks practicing, you are a worthy opponent capable of winning races. My LP 640 was set up for Nordschleife, but did good work in Road America, good enough for fastest lap time.

Maybe from next season we could do something like Lap Times Leader board after each week.

1.London Royal Mile

1:37:840 arvore L2
1:38:470 darkos L1
1:38:490 MannyMoenJack L2
1:39:660 JonesyGt246 L1
1:39:690 kemp1010 L2
1:39:820 NC_2_VA L1
1:40:510 RickyRacer7 L1

2.Tokyo Circuit

58:930 NC_2_VA L1
58:990 NITROVIOUS L1
58:990 THE--HOG L2
59:090 darkos L1
59:910 MannyMoenjack L2
1:00:160 RickyRAcer7L1
1:00:560 arvore L2
1:00:920 JonesyGT246 L1
1:02:110 kemp1010 L2
1:03:490 Aldo_GTP L2

3.Road America

1:54:470 darkos L1
1:54:510 NITROVIOUS L1
1:54:820 MannyMoenjack L2
1:55:200 RickyRacer7 L1
1:55:790 THE--HOG L2
1:56:460 arvore L2
1:58:700 JonesyGT246 L1
1:58:830 NC_2_VA L1
1:59:810 Aldo_GTP L2
2:00:780 kemp1010 L2

L stands for Lobby

The one thing I've noticed about our practices during the week is when I race Manny & Nitrovious I pretty much know what they are going to run on race day. But the sneaky little ****s are Hog & Arvore! :lol: It 's like they take it easier during the practices but on race day they run like their hair is on fire :sly:

Hopefully I can stay up with pack and race with you guys more often, it was a lot of fun.
Sorry mister! I just don't buy the innocent act no more :) So far you've held the checkered flag in your brief career when you held off the Hog which is no easy thing to do in 10 lap dogfight at Glendale and today you ran a 58 point something on a very tough Tokyo Circuit. I don't know about everybody else but I'm not going too under estimate you again :sly:

Well I can vouch for how fast you can be on Road America. It's just a shame that you ticked-off "The Penalty Gods" like you have. I've never seen anything like it, except possibly for HOG who also gets a time penalty for just looking at the grass. This game is great fun, but so weird at times.

I do believe my game is more sensitive than others but today I made a couple of mistakes I usually don't make. Two times after the entrance to the tunnel I went into that little piece of grass, it's one of the worse place to get a penalty because it takes all of your speed away and you can literality lose 4" to your competitor :ouch:

Yeah, man that 58.9 you turned is really fast. Beat me by a full second! 👍 I was just lucky to get away from the crowd cleanly in the second and third races. I had the Gallardo tuned for max acceleration and I was lucky in the second race to be on the front row.

It's much easier to focus on driving when you're ahead of the crowd. :)

At RA I started in the middle, but everyone always goes in too hot in that first corner, so the first row just kind of slid away off the track and it was just Aldo and I! And Aldo overcooked the second corner! And I overran the third corner at the end of that long straight. :lol: But not enough to lose the lead though.

yea i got hit by avour and went into the barrier 1st corner then i got held up behind Kemp, but once i got past my foot rarely came off full throttle :sly:
I think it was the pink cars must have done something:odd::lol:

Well I can vouch for how fast you can be on Road America. It's just a shame that you ticked-off "The Penalty Gods" like you have. I've never seen anything like it, except possibly for HOG who also gets a time penalty for just looking at the grass. This game is great fun, but so weird at times. :odd:

yea i know its sooo annoying my copy of shift is developing new bugs everyday, now on Tokyo circuit i get slow down in the tonal were as i never did before and this is in single player by the way.

The one thing I've noticed about our practices during the week is when I race Manny & Nitrovious I pretty much know what they are going to run on race day. But the sneaky little ****s are Hog & Arvore! :lol: It 's like they take it easier during the practices but on race day they run like their hair is on fire :sly:

:lol: its all about the concentration, you can practice all you like but if the mind is not a 100% focused all that practice wont go far, but i do need to practice more during the week as i am still making stupid mistakes like the incident with Aldo and also i seem to be braking rather early lately for some reason.

Sorry mister! I just don't buy the innocent act no more :) So far you've held the checkered flag in your brief career when you held off the Hog which is no easy thing to do in 10 lap dogfight at Glendale and today you ran a 58 point something on a very tough Tokyo Circuit. I don't know about everybody else but I'm not going too under estimate you again :sly:

Yea your not kidding i was pulling out all the stops to catch you in that race but soon as the last 3 corners came you made mince meat of all my hard work making me have to do it all over again :crazy:

So, is anyone doing a Sunday race? 11:00AM EST or after works for me. Reply in this forum or send me a private message.

:cheers:

I really think that was a good idea and maybe,if Manny agrees,one to implement in the future league...👍

Thanks for the compliment...that lap really went well for me:dopey:
I prefer manefacturer races because i'm not a tuner(if it weren't for some tune Manny and Nitrovious lend me i would do even worse in the mixed races ...thanks mates:cheers: ) events,and despite of the respect i have for the work in tuning and upgrading the cars i really think stock cars provide more pleaseant close and even races because they are much more predictable and allow you to make much less mistakes than those roaring beasts like the lambos or the zonda in which i can't do two perfect laps in a row and make me fell like i was playing wipeout hd...:scared:

It is some wicked stategy just to puzzle you...:odd:LOOOOL:lol:👍

The same to you mister how can a fast racer like yourself(this me retributing your compliment:P) with over 1500 online wins can present himself like a novice in the game?...he...you sneaky bastard...:D:tup:.

Great racing,can't wait for second season...:dunce:

video of tokyo.

all in all was a good and bad race for me.
At the beginning arvore T boned me into the side wall on the 1st corner (no hard feelings).
Then further up i got tangled with Aldo, so sorry for that again mate i thought i was past you and that my back end was drifting, but now i have watched it back i see that it was your car making the back end of mine drift then i seen your car spinning in the mirror really sorry mate.

Then i got stuck in battle with Kemp and to my annoyance i found my self following his lines and crashing pretty much exactly were he was crashing, but once i got past him i went and got arvore but manny you were just too dam far ahead to catch.
but after that it all went ok and i set the fastest lap so i am happy.

please excuse the swearing :lol::lol:

PART 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1g6KA_FF8w

PART 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G7ln2Yc4wY

the camcorder position was not the best but i will fix that for next season

So, is anyone doing a Sunday race? 11:00AM EST or after works for me. Reply in this forum or send me a private message.

By my tally femki, bbcnascar2 and SteveO1965 can run make-up races today sometime.

On the subject of the make-up races...

femki, I've been thinking about your disagreement with the half-points thing and I think you're right. If people have other commitments it's not fair to penalize them for it.

On the other hand they shouldn't benefit from it either.

How about this...

A couple of other drivers volunteer to run with the guys doing the make-up races so that the Sunday lobby has the same number of people as the Saturday lobby. In this case 5 drivers. The volunteers won't earn any points obviously, but it will make the likelihood of earning points in the Sunday and Saturday races even, and we can award full points to the make-up racers.

Does that make any sense to any one?

By my tally femki, bbcnascar2 and SteveO1965 can run make-up races today sometime.

On the subject of the make-up races...

femki, I've been thinking about your disagreement with the half-points thing and I think you're right. If people have other commitments it's not fair to penalize them for it.

On the other hand they shouldn't benefit from it either.

How about this...

A couple of other drivers volunteer to run with the guys doing the make-up races so that the Sunday lobby has the same number of people as the Saturday lobby. In this case 5 drivers. The volunteers won't earn any points obviously, but it will make the likelihood of earning points in the Sunday and Saturday races even, and we can award full points to the make-up racers.

Does that make any sense to any one?

Hey, that's a pretty good idea! So if the "stand-ins" take 1st and 2nd, the "Sunday Cup" racers will then be vying for 3rd, 4th, and 5th, right? I think that would work for the time being (today), but would still like to cast my vote for a unified points structure (in season two next starting next Saturday).

Orrrrr, the bottom people from Saturday's races could race for 1/2 points on Sunday as well. Meaning that if 5th and 6th take those respective points on Saturday, and they happen to take 1st and 2nd (or whatever else position) on Sunday, they could collect 1/2 points for those standings.

That last one just popped into my head and could be more trouble than it's worth, especially with schedules and commitments. OTOH, it would give those placing at the back a chance for more competition time.

This does makes more sense to me, probably i would go and race with them, why not :sly: just for FUN not for serious battle.

I've just saw the video from HOG raced, he did go angry for most of the time. LOL and this was his pink car with STEVO initials. My mistake, although i don't get it why ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back