NFS-Shift Weekly Online Racing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the bump HOG,it's pretty anoying when it happens to us...i only realized what happened in your perspective watching the video,i remember it like a slight side by side touch,but watching the video i should have been more carefull,apologize...:ill:

But i really think you should take a vallium before the events man...your heart was in the edge of a stroke...:D

Do you wanna do a makeup race?
If so what time?

Whenever's good. I'm on right now, but don't see any action on SteveO's side. Just need some volunteers.. let's give it until 1:00ish? I'm willing to practice for now.

Ok 1:00...but I think for 2nd season the makeup race should be at a set time.And I think its great if any other competitors wants to race on sunday (for no points of course) as fill ins.

video of tokyo.

all in all was a good and bad race for me.
At the beginning arvore T boned me into the side wall on the 1st corner (no hard feelings).
Then further up i got tangled with Aldo, so sorry for that again mate i thought i was past you and that my back end was drifting, but now i have watched it back i see that it was your car making the back end of mine drift then i seen your car spinning in the mirror really sorry mate.

Then i got stuck in battle with Kemp and to my annoyance i found my self following his lines and crashing pretty much exactly were he was crashing, but once i got past him i went and got arvore but manny you were just too dam far ahead to catch.
but after that it all went ok and i set the fastest lap so i am happy.

please excuse the swearing :lol::lol:

PART 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1g6KA_FF8w

PART 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G7ln2Yc4wY

the camcorder position was not the best but i will fix that for next season

I think if that race had been a bit longer, you'd have caught me. By the last couple of laps you were flying! I love watching those videos.

And I won't consider myself a good racer until I can ratchet through the manual gearbox like you do HOG. 👍 I run manual in the manufacturers cars, but not the upper tier cars.

Man, I feel bad for Aldo. Clearly not his favorite track. Aldo if you need tuning help for any of these races let me know, I'd be glad to give you what I'm using.

Hey, that's a pretty good idea! So if the "stand-ins" take 1st and 2nd, the "Sunday Cup" racers will then be vying for 3rd, 4th, and 5th, right? I think that would work for the time being (today), but would still like to cast my vote for a unified points structure (in season two next starting next Saturday).

Orrrrr, the bottom people from Saturday's races could race for 1/2 points on Sunday as well. Meaning that if 5th and 6th take those respective points on Saturday, and they happen to take 1st and 2nd (or whatever else position) on Sunday, they could collect 1/2 points for those standings.

That last one just popped into my head and could be more trouble than it's worth, especially with schedules and commitments. OTOH, it would give those placing at the back a chance for more competition time.

I would be concerned that a points system based on total race time would be little different than a Time Trial type of competition. At the very least it might change the way we approach the races. I'd like to hear what others think.

And your final suggestion might be OK if people had the time, but it sounds a bit complicated to coordinate and keep track of. I'd like to keep things as simple as possible so my wife doesn't get completely disgusted with her gaming husband and runs off with the mailman or something. :lol:

Whenever's good. I'm on right now, but don't see any action on SteveO's side. Just need some volunteers.. let's give it until 1:00ish? I'm willing to practice for now.

Ok 1:00...but I think for 2nd season the makeup race should be at a set time.And I think its great if any other competitors wants to race on sunday (for no points of course) as fill ins.

On the previous page SteveO said he planned to race today. You might want to hold off for a while as 1pm here is dinner time in the UK.

I would be concerned that a points system based on total race time would be little different than a Time Trial type of competition. At the very least it might change the way we approach the races. I'd like to hear what others think.

And your final suggestion might be OK if people had the time, but it sounds a bit complicated to coordinate and keep track of. I'd like to keep things as simple as possible so my wife doesn't get completely disgusted with her gaming husband and runs off with the mailman or something. :lol:

Agreed on the last point.. I was realizing as I was typing that it was a bit convoluted.

However, for points based on total race time, it wouldn't be just like a time trial as there are other competitors on the track - all kinds of variables involved. That's how winners are determined now in each lobby; first to finish wins, I'm just suggesting that we consolidate both lobbies total race times when awarding points.

Agreed on the last point.. I was realizing as I was typing that it was a bit convoluted.

However, for points based on total race time, it wouldn't be just like a time trial as there are other competitors on the track - all kinds of variables involved. That's how winners are determined now in each lobby; first to finish wins, I'm just suggesting that we consolidate both lobbies total race times when awarding points.

Like I said, I'm not opposed to the idea, just wondering if it will change how people approach the racing.

Actually, I think we should put it to a test some time either later this evening or during the coming week.

Why don't we get several people together and do a mock weekend series with five or six racers. Do everything like we would in a regular League meet. From that we'll be able to get an idea if using Total Race Time as our measuring stick produces what we expect it to. What do you say?

Like I said, I'm not opposed to the idea, just wondering if it will change how people approach the racing.

Actually, I think we should put it to a test some time either later this evening or during the coming week.

Why don't we get several people together and do a mock weekend series with five or six racers. Do everything like we would in a regular League meet. From that we'll be able to get an idea if using Total Race Time as our measuring stick produces what we expect it to. What do you say?

I'm in, however it will have to be today or tomorrow. I'm gone the rest of the week.

What if some one doesn't finish the race do to the time limit when the winner crosses the finish?

What if some one doesn't finish the race do to the time limit when the winner crosses the finish?

Yeah, that's a good point that I hadn't thought of. Hopefully a test will give us an idea if there would be more problems we hadn't thought of...

Yeah, that's a good point that I hadn't thought of. Hopefully a test will give us an idea if there would be more problems we hadn't thought of...

Heck looks like we had one race in the beginning that the first place car finished 25 sec. ahead so there is no split time just says DNF for the other racers.

Sorry for the bump HOG,it's pretty anoying when it happens to us...i only realized what happened in your perspective watching the video,i remember it like a slight side by side touch,but watching the video i should have been more carefull,apologize...:ill:

But i really think you should take a vallium before the events man...your heart was in the edge of a stroke...:D

:lol: its ok mate no hard feelings and it was my brother breathing he has Asama and decided to start doing my head in with inhalers :lol:

And I won't consider myself a good racer until I can ratchet through the manual gearbox like you do HOG. 👍 I run manual in the manufacturers cars, but not the upper tier cars.

Man, I feel bad for Aldo. Clearly not his favorite track. Aldo if you need tuning help for any of these races let me know, I'd be glad to give you what I'm using.

i find it harder dealing with the clutch over the H pattern, but i have about 6 or 7 track days of experience on donington with my ford fiesta so its natural for me to be able to deal with the H pattern.

Yea i know he would have done so much better than he did if i hadn't hit him.

hey Aldo are you using the correct upgrades to make the gayardo a 14 rated car, as there are 2 combinations of upgrades you can use to make the gayardo a 14 rated car, one will make it handle better and one will make it faster.

Ok, screw the makeup race then considering it IS the END of the season. Let's just do some trial runs today.. any time's good for me.. just avoiding doing the wonderful job of drywalling.

Really good point BBC.. Not quite sure what to do with that one. Maybe interleave the DNFs between lobbies. I.E.

(L1P1 = Lobby 1, Player 1)

L1p1 1:45.00 L2p1 1:44.50
L1p2 1.45.10 L2p2 1:44.90
L1p3 1:47.00 L2p3 1:47.01
L1p4 DNF L2p4 1:55.00
L1p5 DNF L2p5 DNF

Final standings would look like:

1st L2P1
2nd L2P2
3rd L1P1
4th L1P2
5th L1P3
6th L2P3
7th L2P4
8th L1P4
9th L2P5
10th L1P5

Since points at the bottom of the standings are meager this may be an equitable solution. However, might suck though if you finished first in Lobby 1 and found out you were actually third overall.

Manny, if I'm stepping on any toes, let me know.

Last edited:
Keep it simple mate,keep it simple...x points per classification 1 point per fast lap thats it...i know the ideal solution is to have only 1 lobby for each event but since this is grown to make it impossible the simplier the better...for Manny's marriage sake...👍

Keep it simple mate,keep it simple...x points per classification 1 point per fast lap thats it...i know the ideal solution is to have only 1 lobby for each event but since this is grown to make it impossible the simplier the better...for Manny's marriage sake...👍

I agree, but I'm up for some racing today, if you guys are getting together.

Earlier I've read that Manny had some problems with Wives and Girlfriends, so let's not put any more work for poor man. Some of us may not have such problems with Wives and Girlfriends, me for example. I even don't know what they are look like, when i was little my grandfather told me stories, but after that i had nightmares and wet my bed, but it looks like Manny didn't have such luck and nightmares caught him. So let's be easy on him, shall we?

Ok, screw the makeup race then considering it IS the END of the season. Let's just do some trial runs today.. any time's good for me.. just avoiding doing the wonderful job of drywalling.

Really good point BBC.. Not quite sure what to do with that one. Maybe interleave the DNFs between lobbies. I.E.

(L1P1 = Lobby 1, Player 1)

L1p1 1:45.00 L2p1 1:44.50
L1p2 1.45.10 L2p2 1:44.90
L1p3 1:47.00 L2p3 1:47.01
L1p4 DNF L2p4 1:55.00
L1p5 DNF L2p5 DNF

Final standings would look like:

1st L2P1
2nd L2P2
3rd L1P1
4th L1P2
5th L1P3
6th L2P3
7th L2P4
8th L1P4
9th L2P5
10th L1P5

Since points at the bottom of the standings are meager this may be an equitable solution. However, might suck though if you finished first in Lobby 1 and found out you were actually third overall.

Manny, if I'm stepping on any toes, let me know.

No, I don't mind people throwing out ideas, as a matter of fact I count on it. :)

Earlier I've read that Manny had some problems with Wives and Girlfriends, so let's not put any more work for poor man. Some of us may not have such problems with Wives and Girlfriends, me for example. I even don't know what they are look like, when i was little my grandfather told me stories, but after that i had nightmares and wet my bed, but it looks like Manny didn't have such luck and nightmares caught him. So let's be easy on him, shall we?

Here's to Wives & Girlfriends... May they never meet! :cheers:

I agree, but I'm up for some racing today, if you guys are getting together.

Well, I'd love to get together with you guy's, but my internet bandwidth is being used by my wife & son at the moment. femki and I had an interesting duel going between my out of control Mustang and his well controlled Subaru. :crazy:

And that 4 rated race at Glendale West was 20 seconds from the finish when I got kicked. :banghead:

Sorry, that was a bit of a "stream of consciousness" post, wasn't it? :)

Since i have winter vacation I'm taking two weeks off racing SHIFT. I'm going with couple of friends into the mountains do some snowboarding. That catch my by surprise, i didn't have that in my plans but since my friends going, I'm not gonna seat all alone in my apartment for whole two weeks.

Should be back around February 14. If there is no break planned in our Weekly On-line Racing League before 2nd season, that mean I'm missing two meetings, in February 6 and week later February 13.

But I'm not quiting racing completely, just taking short break. Have a nice and clean races everyone.

Since i have winter vacation I'm taking two weeks off racing SHIFT. I'm going with couple of friends into the mountains do some snowboarding. That catch my by surprise, i didn't have that in my plans but since my friends going, I'm not gonna seat all alone in my apartment for whole two weeks.

Should be back around February 14. If there is no break planned in our Weekly On-line Racing League before 2nd season, that mean I'm missing two meetings, in February 6 and week later February 13.

But I'm not quiting racing completely, just taking short break. Have a nice and clean races everyone.

Well make-up races or no make-up races, I think I'm safe in saying you locked up the Championship for Season 1 in the GTP Racing League.

In our League Races you've been an extremely quick and clean driving opponent, and for that you have my congratulations.

dam next season i am going to have to do way better then 7th in the championship, but at the same time i did lose a lot of points due to being booted from races.

hopefully i will find a way of getting out of my contract with SKY media and return to VIRGIN media the place i should have never left, VIRGIN MEDIA IF YOUR THERE I AM SORRY TO HAVE EVER DOUBTED YOUR INTERNET CONECTION, I AM SORRY FOR SAYING ALL THOSE NASTIE HURTFULL THINGS TO YOU, JUST COME HOME WE MISS YOU I MISS YOU, JUST COME BACK HOME WITH YOUR FIBER OPTICK INTERNET AT CHEAP PRICES.:sad:
:lol::lol::lol:

Congrats to darkos

But i really think you should take a valium before the events man...your heart was in the edge of a stroke...:D

I really like watching the Hog video's because his commentary reminds me of ... Me! The only difference is I usually have the wife on her laptop or reading in the same room so I've somewhat learned to control my outbursts. But the inner demon inside my head makes Hog's commentary sound like a Sunday school teacher. I just wish I had more of a dedicated set up like Manny's and the Hogs..

MannyMoenjack
Tokyo and the London tracks are my least favourite in the game!
I just use T-12's tunes for everything. That would be great maybe once I have some time to practice as I have been revising a lot for these exams I've got starting tomorrow. :(

THE HOG
Yea i know he would have done so much better than he did if i hadn't hit him.

hey Aldo are you using the correct upgrades to make the gayardo a 14 rated car, as there are 2 combinations of upgrades you can use to make the gayardo a 14 rated car, one will make it handle better and one will make it faster

I'm not sure I would have done "much" better but I would have at least been able to race alongside the other guys :P No hard feelings though mate. I know for definate that it wasn't deliberate. 👍
About ten minutes before the race I noticed that for my Gayardo (thats catching on, SteveO :lol:) I had previously just used the Stage 3 upgrades and then one more thing to get it up to 13.97. When I saw I had done this I didnt have enough time to change it... So yeah... :lol:
When does the next season start?! Next week? I might try and order a headset soon so I can speak to you boys in the lobby!
Oh, and I'll try and get my videos of the races up tomorrow. I was gonna do it today, but I couldnt find the special tiny USB B cable that goes into my camera. I'll try tomorrow in the midst of my Physics revision

Season 1 Final Standings
Week 5

Congratulations to the top three finishers:
  1. darkos
  2. NITROVIOUS
  3. MannyMoenjack
I hope you all enjoyed the competion as much as I did, and please keep in mind that Season 1 was a learning process for all of us.

I expect Season 2 to be even more exciting and competitive as our rookies have matured in to veterans in an amazingly short time.

On a personal note, I want to thank you all for your help and support in getting this small league of ours off to a good start. Much obliged to you all.

I will post the Race Schedule and updated Rules for Season 2 on Monday.

I'd like to congratulate Darkos for his deserved win in the championchip in which he was undoubtly the most consistent racer...:cheers:

And above all i'd like to thank Manny for putting up this toghether which implied much work,i'm sure,and loads of trouble with his wife...:mischievous: ,that allowed some fine pleasent racing...

Last but not least thanks to all my pears racers(that sounded good didn't it? :dunce: ) for some top quality time on shift that at some point i thought it was impossible...:drool:

So bring on season two and that it might held manny manefacturer races...LOOOL :lol::D:P

CHEERS EVERYBODY

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back