NHL 2010-2011 Thread

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 389 comments
I'm sure it'll come out eventually, but does anybody know the cause of death? Every article I've seen hasn't mentioned it, just kind of curious since he died so young what hapened.

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering about how it happened, he was only 28. It always sucks when someone has to die so young.

YEAH!!!!!! CANUCKS WIN 3-2 in Double OT to go to the Stanley Cup Finals!!!!!!! Exactly 17 years to the day that they last went, and that was also a double OT win!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, that has to be one of the lames series clinchers ever. That was just such a dumb goal. Oh well, Vancouver's got this, I can't see Boston putting up much of a fight, Tampa is more likely to give them trouble. Tampa's quick, and very skilled, but boston's physical play is moot against Vancouver.

That Western Conf series was a joke. I've never seen so many blown calls or horrible calls. That could have been a fantastic series as game 5 showed, even with the blown icing call. Should have gone back to SJ for game 6.

Rich77
Yes! Not only will it make for exciting hockey, it made me some cash :)

Good for you! It will be a hard bet to guess who will win the cup, the Canucks are strong but Boston are tough too. Since they eliminate Montreal i'd like them to win!

Canadiens sign Hal Gill for 1yr/$2.25M.

What a crock. We could have had Roman Hamrlik back for that money, who is still a top 4 defenseman who can play the PK, PP, and 5 on 5 all better than Gill.

Look, Hal Gill gets ragged on a lot, but in all honesty he's really a pretty good player. He had a really good year last season, and I think he's probably a good guy in the locker room. However, I don't think he's worth 2.25.

Go Canucks. I hate the Bruins, they're just so unlikeable. I like Savard. He should be with Atlanta, he was good there. Whoops! I meant in Winnipeg, because the Thrashers are relocating. How come no ones talking about that?

I'm in my pessimistic, self-centered, ignorant jerk mindset. With that being said and what you previously said Tvec22. I must quote the truthful and inspiring Noob616, "F:censored: the Bruins. Go Canucks!" Luongo shall break the general public's perception that he chokes in the playoffs. This year is nothing short of amazing. The Jets are back, the Canucks are in the finals. Did the mayans mess up the calendar and make 1994 appear twice?

Not that Im massive into superstition, but...

1976 - Montreal host olympics
1977 - Habs win Stanley cup

1988 - Calgary host olympics
1989 - Flames win Stanley cup

2010 - Vancouver host olympics
2011 - ???

Barra333
Not that Im massive into superstition, but...

1976 - Montreal host olympics
1977 - Habs win Stanley cup

1988 - Calgary host olympics
1989 - Flames win Stanley cup

2010 - Vancouver host olympics
2011 - ???

Interesting! Good point!

Exciting 1st period, I think the Canucks looked like the better team. Boston didn't get anything done on the 4 minute PP, and they just looked too slow compared to the Canucks. The Canucks are dynamite in the transition game, and that's where you'll beat the Bruins. If they follow the blueprint for success from Montreal in game 1 and 2, they'll clean up in 5. Responsible defensive play, and get them on turnovers. With the speed and skill of the Canucks, all they need to do is play a good transition game, strip the Bruins of the puck, and you have a free 2-on-1.

EDIT: That "goalie interference" call on Burrows was a horrible call. Thomas was 2 feet outside the crease, and Burrows was pushed into him by Chara.

Last edited:
Really? 19 seconds left and Vancouver scores? That's the game right there and possibly the series. The team that wins Game 1 wins the series 85 percent of the time. But the bruins can still win the series they just need to score on their 🤬 power-plays! They are better 5 on 5 then they are 5 on 4. Stupid Canucks.

Good-ish game. (refereeing was all over the map, really. Including a potential offside on the goal play)

Thomas and Luongo played Mega games tonight. I still think it's going to 7.

I'm predicting Vancouver in 5. Vancouver really did control much of that game, and Thomas made two great saves right off the start of the game. Had either one of those been a goal, I think it would have been a completely different game.

Also, the officiating was a joke tonight. That goalie interference call on Burrows was absurd. I'm curious as to how Burrows nomming on Bergeron's finger will be handled by the league. Following the precedent set for the Bruins...with Chara getting nothing, Lucic nothing for a hit from behind on Spacek, Ference getting nothing for this...

If those aren't deserving of suspension, I don't think that Burrows taking a little chomp should be. Really, I think Burrows should be suspended, but how can you logically suspend him for that after you let things like the Ference hit on Halpern go? (And Torres on Seabrook, the similar hit on Bieksa, etc etc.)

NHL officiating will always be a joke until they finally have vision coverage added to their health insurance plans.

Back