NHL: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 369 comments
Just wrapped up- the New York Rangers beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1 in Overtime at Madison Square Garden. Pittsburgh has been eliminted from the Stanley Cup Playoffs. So...

Pittsburgh = ELIMINATED!

The Rangers will get the series winner of Capitals/Islanders.

Elsewhere... Ottawa forced a Game 6 with authority- a 5-1 rout in Montreal. That series is going to a Game 6 as Ottawa survives one more day again.

Congratulations to the other winners from Friday.

Well, the Minnesota Wild took a beating from St. Louis in the last game. This time, the beating was administered by Minnesota in St. Louis. 4-1 was the score as the Wild ran wild on the Blues. So congratulations to the Minnesota Wild to go up 3-2. STL will try to force a Game 7 when these two meet again on Sunday in Minnesota for Game 6 of this MIN/STL series.

Well, you said the Wild were going to play with fire, and you were right. One more win for the Wild, and they're through to the next round of the playoffs.

You know, @Patrick , that WOULD be insanity. It would also mean Nassau Coliseum gets a bit more mileage even in its swan song. And of course... you got a good old New York City rivalry to determine who makes the Eastern Conference Finals. It would be very interesting if the Islanders take out the Capitals and have to face the Rangers in the next round.

As of this post, only WSH at NYI is final- 3-1 in favor of the Islanders. Detroit is currently up 2-0 at Tampa Bay at the 2nd Intermission.

The Chicago Blackhawks took down the Nashville Predators 4-3 in Chicago. Chi-Town was rocking as they eliminated the Predators from the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Also, the Vancouver Canucks got knocked out of the playoffs losing BAD- 7-4 victory for Calgary in Calgary. So...

Nashville and Vancouver = ELIMINATED!

Preds and Canucks 86ed from the 2014-2015 season playoffs. See you later, nice knowing you, congrats on a great season.

I have a feeling Ken Hitchcock may be hitting the unemployment line tomorrow.

Hopefully the Wild can continue playing well against Chicago, I could easily see the series going to 7 games.

I have a feeling Ken Hitchcock may be hitting the unemployment line tomorrow.

Hopefully the Wild can continue playing well against Chicago, I could easily see the series going to 7 games.
My bracket has them making the SCF so I certainly hope so.

So far I am 5 out of 5:
Wild
Flames
Hawks
Ducks
Rangers

Currently waiting with baited breath for:
Wings
Canadiens
Capitals

EDIT: Habs pull through.

Last edited:
Seattle seems to move closer to getting an NHL franchise. Here is an article on Yahoo! Sports: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...s-to-new-ownership--arena-site-173612138.html

Tonight, two games are on the card as the Stanley Cup Playoffs continue. Here are tonight's games:

* TB Lightning at DET Red Wings (Game 6, DET leads 3-2)
* NYI Islanders at WSH Capitals (Game 7, series tied 3-3)

If Tampa Bay beats Detroit tonight in Detroit, Game 7 will be in Tampa Bay this Wednesday. The TB/DET winner will get Montreal in the 2nd Round. A DET/MON match would guarantee an Original Six team in the Eastern Conference Finals. Not to look too far ahead, but a DET/NYR match would be another Original Six battle. The winner of NYI/WSH gets the New York Rangers in the 2nd Round.

Enjoy some NHL hockey, folks.

It was 5-2 in Detroit as Tampa Bay hammered the Detroit Red Wings. So this one's going to a Game 7. Game 7 of TB/DET is in Tampa Bay. Winner advances; loser's season is over.

[UPDATE] Just wrapped up in Washington, D.C.- 2-1, Capitals beat the Islanders. So we got Rangers/Capitals in the next round.

Last edited:
No games are slated for tonight. But tomorrow night, it's Detroit at Tampa Bay for Game 7 of that series. One team's postseason will continue; the other's will perish. We'll see tomorrow night who will advance to the next round.

Next round: Montreal vs. Tampa Bay? Or Montreal vs. Detroit? Game 7 is tonight in Tampa Bay as the Red Wings head all the way down to Tampa Bay. Whose season will continue, and whose will end? We'll see tonight.

It's painfully ironic that I blatantly refused to watch this game since Detroit loses when I watch a game, and they wound up losing this game anyway despite not watching the game. I don't think it really would have mattered though since the series as a whole was a power struggle with no clear superior.

On the bright side, the Red Wings will get a slightly better draft pick. I guess I'll think positive and look at it that way.

Sorry about the Red Wings. It was going to be tough seeing the Red Wings try to (for lack of a better term) steal the Lightning's thunder in Tampa Bay. It was a pretty good game for the most part. Just too bad Detroit was on the losing end. The Red Wings were pretty feisty on offense, especially early on.

And with that, all the Conference Semifinal action is set. Sixteen hopefuls are now down to eight proven survivors. The fun for Round 2 begins tomorrow.

We have two games tonight to kick off the Conference Semifinal round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Your Thursday night of NHL Hockey looks like this:

* WSH Capitals at NYR Rangers
* CGY Flames at ANA Ducks

16 hopefuls, 8 remain. Let's drop the puck on the second round. Good luck to all of your teams.

It looked like Overtime... until A. Ovechkin gave an assist to Joel Ward for Washington to take Game 1 of WSH/NYR in heartbreaking fashion with only about 1.3 seconds left in the 3rd Period. It was a 2-1 victory for the Washington Capitals as they literally stole Game 1 from going into Overtime. A fight broke out after the final buzzer, but that's a good way to disappoint a team. Congrats to the Capitals.

Calgary at Anaheim is now GO as of this post.

Do your best "He Scorrrrres!" impression- hockey is back! And of course... hope it's YOUR team and YOUR player(s) doing the scoring. Two games on tonight:

* TB Lightning at MON Canadiens
* MIN Wild at CHI Blackhawks

The second round continues. Good luck to all teams still in the playoffs.

The nerves start to build now up until puck drop. We know that we can beat Chicago, but we could beat Chicago last season as well. I'm honestly really nervous about this series. The next 2hours will be spent taking deep breaths and trying to relax...:lol:

Good luck to everyone's teams! :)

Round 2, Game 1 results...

* (TB at MON) Tampa Bay took down Montreal in Montreal, but needed Double Overtime to win 2-1.

* (MIN at CHI) Minnesota's playoff futility at Chicago continues as they lost 4-3. Minnesota banged in some goals to bring the game to 3-3 until Chicago put in the final goal to put Chicago ahead 1-0 in the series.

And the madness will continue...

This Sunday features three games, all of them are Game 2's. Here are the three games slated for tonight:

* TB Lightning at MON Canadiens (Game 2, TB leads series 1-0)
* MIN Wild at CHI Blackhawks (Game 2, CHI leads series 1-0)
* CGY Flames at ANA Ducks (Game 2, ANA leads series 1-0)

Who'll take the series into 2-0? Who will draw even? We'll find out as the games get played out. Enjoy some NHL hockey. Good luck to all teams playing today/tonight.

Yesterday's results:

* TB at MON: 6-2, Tampa Bay (TB leads series 2-0)
* MIN at CHI: 4-1, Chicago (CHI leads series 2-0)
* CGY at ANA: 3-0, Anaheim (ANA leads series 2-0)

Tonight, it is the New York Rangers at the Washington Capitals. This series is tied at 1. Good luck to both NYR and WSH tonight, and to all other remaining playoff teams.

Not looking good for the Minnesota Wild. Chicago is up 3-0 in the CHI/MIN series on the boys from St. Paul after their 1-0 victory last night in St. Paul, MN. That means Minnesota will have to win all remaining games to avoid elimination. Can you say "one more day?" Uphill battle for the Wild to try to keep their postseason going.

Tonight, though, these two games will be played tonight:

* MON Canadiens at TB Lightning (Game 3, TB leads series 2-0)
* NYR Rangers at WSH Capitals (Game 4, WSH leads series 2-1)

Go enjoy some hockey tonight, folks.

The Ted Lindsay Award finalists have just been announced. They are:

Dallas Stars' LW Jamie Benn (Art Ross Trophy Winner)
Washington Capitals' C Alexander Ovechkin
Montreal Canadians G Carey Price

The Ted Lindsay award goes to the most outstanding player in the NHL as voted by the players, and only the players. The winner will be announced on June 24th during the NHL Award show.

Back