NHL: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 369 comments
@Justin the Wild can only get better right? Once Harding is back from his self-inflicted injury we have some of the best goalies in the game, our offense has proven they can score, our defense is pretty good... I'm actually pretty confident. We just have to work on our awful PP...

Due to the recent shooting violence in Ottawa, the game slated tonight between the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Ottawa Senators was postponed. Some things are more important than sports. I certainly offer my condolences and thoughts to all lives affected from this whole deal. Other games on tap tonight include...

* Philadelphia Flyers at Pittsburgh Penguins
* Washington Capitals at Edmonton Oilers
* Buffalo Sabres at Anaheim Ducks

Enjoy tonight's games.

[UPDATE] The TOR at OTT game has been rescheduled to November 9.

Last edited:
About to watch a game. Blackhawks vs Blues.
I'm interested in Hockey, I used to watch replays of games a few years back but never got into it.

Final Score: Minnesota Wild 7 Tampa Bay Lightning 2
Fair play to Tampa Bay ending our shutout streak at home, but it really didn't do anything to be honest.

The Red Wings lost to the Fliers 4-2. I only caught a little bit of the game, and when I started channel flipping, it was 1-1 tie. Oh well, the season is still young so there is still a lot of hockey left.

Spare some thoughts for Gordie Howe. The hockey legend suffered a stroke recently at his daughter's house in Lubbock, Texas. Hope he'll be well.

A lot of games are coming up tonight, including the NBCSN match with the Detroit Red Wings at the Washington Capitals. Enjoy some hockey tonight.

Well, guess I won't be watching the Wings since I don't get NBC Sports. Then again, it isn't a big deal since I planned on watching the World Series anyway.

I guess that I missed the Red Wings beating the Washington Capitals 4-2.

Last edited:
I want to extend my congratulations to Alex Ovechkin on becoming the all-time leading scorer in Washington Capitals history. He cashed in two assists to acquire points #826 and #827. Unfortunately, the Capitals lost 4-3 in Overtime to the Calgary Flames in Washington, D.C. The previous top scorer in Capitals history was Bondra, who reached the all-time scoring mark for the team in 961 games while Ovechkin accomplished this same feat in just 691 games.

Congratulations to all other winners from other games.

[UPDATE] Washington Capitals LOST to the Calgary Flames in Overtime. The made edits were already made.

Wednesday Night hockey. You want it? You got it. Also, you get an Original Six match tonight. Here is the card for tonight:

* Montreal Canadiens at Buffalo Sabres
* Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers (Wednesday Night Rivalry on NBCSN)
* New York Islanders at Anaheim Ducks

Enjoy some Wednesday night hockey!

Wednesday Night hockey. You want it? You got it. Also, you get an Original Six match tonight. Here is the card for tonight:

* Montreal Canadiens at Buffalo Sabres
* Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers (Wednesday Night Rivalry on NBCSN)
* New York Islanders at Anaheim Ducks

Enjoy some Wednesday night hockey!

I'll be happy if the Sabres give up 3 goals or less, win or lose.

How are teams in the NHL doing so far? Here's a Standings report heading into today's games (source: Yahoo! Sports):

LEGEND: (wins-losses-overtime; points)

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
ATLANTIC: Montreal (14-4-1; 29), TB (13-4-2; 28), BOS (11-8; 22), DET (8-4-5; 21), OTT (8-5-4; 20), TOR (9-7-2; 20), FLA (6-4-5; 17), BUF (4-13-2; 10)

METROPOLITAN: Pittsburgh (12-3-1; 25), NYI (11-6-0; 22), NJ (8-8-2; 18), NYR (7-7-4; 18), WSH (7-7-3; 17), PHI(7-7-2; 16), COL (6-10-1; 13), CAR (5-9-3; 13)

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
CENTRAL: St. Louis (12-4-1; 25), NSH (11-4-2; 24), CHI (10-7-1; 21), WPG (9-7-3; 21), MIN (10-7; 20), COL (6-8-5; 17), DAL (6-8-4; 16)

PACIFIC: Anaheim (11-4-4; 26), VAN (12-6; 24), CGY (11-6-2; 24), LA (9-5-4; 22), SJ (10-8-2; 22), ARI (8-9-1; 17), EDM (6-10-2; 14)

Every team has played somewhere between 16-19 games. There's still plenty of season left for teams to improve their position or stay on top. So keep on playing hard! This is my first time doing a Standings update for the NHL here on GTPlanet.

Today I learned the San Antonio rampage are affiliated with the Florida Panthers. Rocco Grimaldi played for both teams in the same day lol.

This now makes heat-spurs games 1.3% more interesting.

Elsewhere here in Texas, I still miss the old Houston Aeros. Funny enough, I've been to only one Aeros game, and the opponent was... the San Antonio Rampage. The Aeros have since become the Iowa Wild after more than a decade and a half of Aeros hockey.

I certainly want to send my best wishes to people affected by the recent deadly snowfall that has impacted places like Buffalo. Hope things get better to those impacted from this wintry weather.

Hump Day hockey! Tonight's matches:

* Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers
* Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (NBCSN Wed. Night Rivalry)

Ah, yes. Each of tonight's two games have two of the NHL's Original Six are in action tonight. Enjoy some hockey tonight.

Yesterday, the Original Six team that I root for, the Detroit Red Wings, shut out the Columbus Blue Jackets in a 5-0 victory.
Today, it has been announced that Pittsburgh Penguins player Pascal Dupuis has a blood clot in his lung and will sit out for 6 months to undergo treatment with blood thinners to remove the clot. I wish him the best in his recovery.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=739978&navid=nhl:topheads

Last edited:
I heard the game between the Rangers at the Sabres tomorrow night will be postponed because of the heavy snow that has impacted the greater Buffalo area. Not sure about a make-up date for this game.

What's the best way to enjoy Thanksgiving time? With hockey, of course! There are nine games on tonight. Among tonight's matches is the Philadelphia Flyers at the Detroit Red Wings on NBCSN. I'm sure our AnthonyD1993 will hope his Red Wings take care of business at home.

The big story supposedly is Martin Brodeur of the New Jersey Devils signing with the St. Louis Blues on a tryout basis starting on Friday. Here is a piece on Yahoo! Sports on this news: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-tryout-basis-beginning-friday-222748461.html

There will be a lot of good NHL hockey this weekend. So enjoy this Thanksgiving weekend's games.

Last edited:
That was a train-wreck of a game for the Wild. I'm honestly not sure why Yeo didn't pull Kuemper after 2. Hopefully we can bounce back and take down the Stars on Friday.

Yeah, I read the scores from Wednesday and saw that Los Angeles ran over Minnesota tonight. Tough to take a 4-0 loss at home to the Kings. Sorry about that. Better luck next time to the Minnesota Wild.

Elsewhere, our AnthonyD1993 had to be proud for his Red Wings to win 5-2 at home over the Philadelphia Flyers.

Congratulations to all other winners from Wednesday.

We've got some Black Friday hockey today. Right now, it's the New York Rangers at the Philadelphia Flyers. NYR currently leads 2-0 heading into the 2nd Intermission.

Enjoy some hockey today.

So the Red Wings beat the New Jersey Devils in a 5-4 Shootout victory. I stopped watching when it was 3-1 New Jersey because I wanted to watch college football, but they came back. It never fails- whenever a comeback happens, I don't get to see it cause I changed the channel.

So today, the Red Wings beat the Vancouver Canucks 5-3. Also, for those who are interested in the standings at this point in the season, look here. Both Conferences are pretty tightly contested at this point in the season.

Spare some thoughts for Gordie Howe, still recovering from a massive stroke from earlier this year. I hear he's recently in ICU or something like that. Hope this hockey legend will be okay.

Spare some thoughts for Gordie Howe, still recovering from a massive stroke from earlier this year. I hear he's recently in ICU or something like that. Hope this hockey legend will be okay.

He had a stroke in October, and from what my understanding is he had a minor stroke on Saturday and a "significant" stroke yesterday. He is in the ICU at a Lubbock, TX hospital.

Daniel Alfredsson announced his retirement today after 18 years in the NHL. I wish the Ottawa Senator well in his retirement. Ottawa will take on the New York Islanders tonight in Ottawa.

Two games on tonight, and one of them is an Original Six matchup. Your schedule for tonight:

* Toronto Maple Leafs at Detroit Red Wings (NBCSN Wednesday Night Rivalry)
* Edmonton Oilers at Anaheim Ducks.

TOR and DET will square off tonight in Detroit, but DET will have to go to Toronto later this week. Enjoy your Hump Day hockey, folks!

Back