NHL: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 369 comments
Is something in the water or air in the NHL? It seems like every other player has the mumps. Is there a mumps epidemic in the NHL? It's sad...

I'm watching the Boston Bruins at Minnesota Wild game (this week's NBCSN Wednesday Night Rivalry game). Minnesota is wearing some throwback uniforms. Those green and beige uniforms look very cool. I like them. As I was preparing this post, Boston leads 2-1 at the end of the First Period.

God, the Wild need something to go right for them this season... First the mumps, now the flu, and to top it all off, they hit the post more than the net. Not a good few games for them:crazy:

My Blues are not doing to bad this season... or should I say Tarasenko? He has had some great setups and shots this season. Happy for him!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let's start up the NHL Stadium Series! Today in Washington, D.C., it's the Washington Capitals hosting the Chicago Blackhawks at Nationals Ballpark. Way later tonight is the Los Angeles Kings at the Vancouver Canucks. Love you some hockey? You'll get your fill today, that's for sure! Enjoy some NHL hockey today.

Uff da. That was a pretty lousy game by the Wild. They lost to the Dallas Stars 7-1. Worst loss of the season couldn't have come at a worse time 🤬
Nashville pulled off a crazy win over the Kings winning 7-6 in OT after the Kings rattled off 3 goals in the last 2 minutes

Here are the standings regarding the Wild Card at this point in the season if anyone wants to know how their team is doing at this point of the season. I chose the Wild Card standings since every team's goal is to make it to the playoffs.

Dallas isn't doing so bad, but they lost to the Blackhawks 5-4 in OT. That puts them winning the last 7 of 9 since December 9th. There was a tick tact bench penalty for too many men on the ice that led to a power play goal for Chicago, but otherwise real solid hockey from both teams last night.

Uff da. That was a pretty lousy game by the Wild. They lost to the Dallas Stars 7-1.

I think if they lose tomorrow we may have a new coach as I'm guessing Craig Leipold has to be getting tired of these mid-season slumps.

I think if they lose tomorrow we may have a new coach as I'm guessing Craig Leipold has to be getting tired of these mid-season slumps.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with this unfortunately. I've grown fond of Yeo, but we have to stay consistent, especially in the Central Division. On the positive side, the Sharks are on the back side of a double header tomorrow, so it might be our turn to give a 7-1 beat-down to a team:mischievous:

*note: this is not a true handout. I made it in 2 minutes after getting home from a disappointing OT loss to the San Jose Sharks. On the positive side, Jared Spurgeon scored again in this game:dopey:*
Rumour has it that this is the handout that all of the NHL teams have received after tonight's Wild loss...:crazy:
WildWanted.jpg

Edit: Apparently Mike Yeo freaked out at the Wild during practice: http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/287808011.html

About 🤬 time he showed some serious emotion... Thursday will be an interesting game

Last edited:
The Red Wings' goalie suffered a groin injury in losing their game yesterday, and he had to be carried out on a stretcher. I wish him the best in his recovery.

The Red Wings' goalie suffered a groin injury in losing their game yesterday, and he had to be carried out on a stretcher. I wish him the best in his recovery.

I was watching the game, and that didn't look good at all. I think he will be out a ton. Petr Mzarek will have to step up, but so far, he's been pretty damn good. The Preds are rocking and they took out the Wild, who I feel sorry for. Minnesota is a good team, but need some goals and some luck to come their way. Montreal vs Pittsburgh would be a hell of a conference final btw.

At this rate I'll be shocked if Mike Yeo and Chuck Fletcher are still with the Wild at the end of the season. At least their early success has kept them in playoff contention (this is probably also the main reason Yeo still has a job).

The Red Wings beat the Buffalo Sabres 3-1 in Buffalo on the night that they retired Dominik Hasek's number. Petr Mrazek tried to get his inner Hasek on after meeting his childhood idol, and he would have had a shutout in that game if not for a spout of utterly hideous defensive play by the rest of the team.

This week's NBCSN Wednesday Night Rivalry match is the Philadelphia Flyers at the Washington Capitals. It's on right now as of this post. Enjoy some hockey tonight.

Pavel Datsyuk just won the game for the Red Wings with 2.2 seconds left in OT. Final score- Detroit : 3, St. Louis Blues: 2.

Reto Berra, an AHL netminder from the Colorado Avalanche's Lake Erie Monsters, became the 11th netminder in AHL history to score a goal.

Catch the play here:

Oh, hey look: 2 in a row for the Wild for the first time since like November! 3-1 victory over the Arizona Coyotes on Hockey Day Minnesota 2015:) It's was a pretty good game and Dubnyk got a point in his first home game, with an assist on a goal by Jason Zucker:sly:

This week leads into NHL All-Star weekend. Today, the New York Rangers at the Pittsburgh Penguins make up one of many games on for today. Go enjoy some NHL hockey, and good luck to all of your teams.

Did any of you see that Penguins at Flyers game last night? Though the Flyers won at home in Overtime 4-3, there was a lot of hate going on and a few pretty good fights. I saw most of that game. It was insane. Tonight is the final Wednesday Night Rivalry game before the All-Star Break. NBCSN will be showing Chicago at Pittsburgh followed by Los Angeles at San Jose.

Enjoy some NHL Hockey tonight.

I didn't see that game, but I did see the Red Wings try to choke last night against the Minnesota Wild. The Wings managed to actually not choke and won 5-4 in a Shootout victory.

I didn't see that game, but I did see the Red Wings try to choke last night against the Minnesota Wild. The Wings managed to actually not choke and won 5-4 in a Shootout victory.

Please don't remind me:ouch: Dubnyk went crazy and let in 4 goals in the first 2 periods:crazy:. Really disappointing heading into the All-Star break. It would have been nice to have gotten out of there with a win:lol:
We really need to find some goal-tending...

After 22 seasons, Ray Whitney announced his retirement yesterday. That has to be some serious mileage he's logged in the NHL. Martin Brodeur extended his leave of absence to another week.

Enjoy NHL All-Star Weekend this weekend in Columbus, Ohio!

Back