NHL: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 369 comments
Yesterday, it was Team Toews defeating Team Foligno 17-12. All the players and teams get back to work this Tuesday. Congratulations to both All-Star Teams and all of its participants. It will be back to work in the quest for Lord Stanley's Cup for this season. I only hope everyone will be alright, especially those in the path of the recent inclement blizzard in the American Northeast.

Martin Brodeur will will retire after 22 seasons of NHL hockey. I wish him well in his retirement. And yes- NHL Hockey is back as the road to the Stanley Cup continues. Go enjoy some hockey, ya?

Charlie Coyle scores the game winner for the Wild with a gorgeous dangle:)

As a bonus, his goal then claims the number 1 spot on Sports Center's Top Ten of the night:)

Last edited:
Martin Brodeur will will retire after 22 seasons of NHL hockey
The Blues will hold a press conference at Scottrade Center tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. ET with Brodeur.

Hell of a career. I collected his hockey cards as a 12-year old in the mid nineties and got to see him play in 2004.
He always looked so cool in that Devils jersey.
I started reading his book a while back but never got around to finish it.

Marty was a heck of a goalie!
Charlie Coyle scores the game winner for the Wild with a gorgeous dangle:)

As a bonus, his goal then claims the number 1 spot on Sports Center's Top Ten of the night:)

Ohh, I saw that on NHL's Twitter! Absolute epic. I guess the tender could have got a little closer to the post though. But hey, I wouldn't expect that.

And for the STL Blues, they trade the Penguins Lapierre for Marcel Goc. Not sure how this is gonna turn out for them. I hope it works great. :) Go Blues!

If you love NHL hockey from the NHL's Original Six, then you'll love the only Original Six match tonight out of tonight's 11-game schedule. It is the Montreal Canadiens at the New York Rangers. It is one of tonight's 11 games.

Enjoy some NHL hockey, folks.

Minnesota Wild beat the Calgary Flames 1-0 in what could be a season defining game. They move within 5 points of a Wild Card spot in the West. Devan Dubnyk was mighty in stopping 30 shots for a shutout:bowdown::bowdown:

In other news, with their latest loss Buffalo has now lost 13 straight:eek:

The Red Wings looked like chumps last night. The got absolutely humiliated last night with their 5-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

So did the Ottawa Senators last night. The score was 3-2 Dallas after 40 minutes of play, when Alex Chasson tied it up with 16 and some change remaining. An unforced error by Ottawa allowed a very sick go ahead goal by John Klingburg nearly 2 minutes later. At crunch time, Ottawa pulled their netminder with 2 minutes to play (on the Power Play mind you) and a faceoff in the Dallas zone when Trevor Daley shot it from one end of the rink and into the empty net. Nearly a minute later, 54.9 remaining to be exact, Jamie Benn shot it from one end of the rink and into an empty Ottawa net. The Stars ultimately won 6-3.

During the Stars commentary, Razor (the color commentator) commented that Head Coach Lindy Ruff would make the guys shoot from one end of the rink to an empty net similar to how the last two goals for Dallas went in. If they missed the net, they would skate as a group from that end to the other. It worked yesterday.

The Daley and the second Benn goal was ultimately scored as a Shorthanded Empty Net goal.

The Wild beat the Blackhawks 3-0 tonight in St. Paul. It was a statement by the Wild if I've ever seen one. Even though they had some chances, the Hawks rarely threatened, and Dubnyk gets another shutout. In the 2nd period the Wild threw 24 shots on goal, the most the Hawks have given up all season

In other news, the Sabres snap a 14 game losing streak with a 3-2 victory over the Canadiens.

#GoWild :P

I only saw most of the 3rd Period of Blackhawks at Wild. Congratulations to the Minnesota Wild on that victory. I read that this is the first time the Blackhawks have been shut out in successive games since 2006. Anyhow, congratulations to the Wild. Also, congratulations to the Buffalo Sabres on snapping that 14-game losing streak. Had Buffalo lost their 15th straight, they would have challenged the 1974-1975 Washington Capitals and the 1992-1993 San Jose Sharks for longest losing streak all-time, both of which had losing streaks of 17 games.

Congratulations to all other winners from tonight.

The cats are playing the last game at the Nassau Coliseum against the Islanders. That's pretty cool, considering both teams' histories with Bill Torrey.

How about some Wednesday Night Rivalry? Tonight, if you love Original Six action, you're in for a treat. We got the Boston Bruins at the New York Rangers tonight. This will be the match on NBCSN tonight. Other games: PIT Penguins at EDM Oilers and SJ Sharks at CGY Flames.

Enjoy Hump Day hockey, folks.

Glad to see Petr Mrazek have a shutout victory for the Red Wings after having a few rough outings beforehand. The Red Wings beat the Avalanche 3-0 in Colorado.

A number of games are slated for tonight, but Los Angeles is currently at Tampa Bay. The L.A. Kings are up 3-0 after one period of play. Other games slated for tonight (among others):

* Dallas at Buffalo
* Edmonton at Toronto
* Colorado at Minnesota
* Detroit at Arizona

Earlier today, the New York Rangers lost 3-2 at the Nashville Predators. Congratulations to all of today's and tonight's winners.

The Detroit Red Wings beat the Arizona Coyotes 3-1 on the road. This win is also the 1,500th win for the team since Mike Ilitch bought the Red Wings in 1982.

Minnesota shutout the Avs 1-0 to claim their 5th win in a row. This is also Devan Dubnyk's 4th shutout here in the state of hockey. Before he got here, the Wild only had 3 shutouts for the entire season!

I had me a bit of afternoon hockey as my Dallas Stars took on the New York Rangers. It only took the first shot of Overtime as the Stars beat the Rangers 3-2.

6 game win streak for the Wild now with a win over the Vancouver Canucks 5-3. Not a pretty win, and we gave up way too many goals, but it's a win, and that's all that matters. Jason Zucker and Ryan Carter both left the game early after big hits from Luca Sibsa.
Everyone ahead of the Wild should watch out. We are coming!

Three games tonight. Are you ready for...

* DET Red Wings at PIT Penguins (NBCSN Wednesday Night Rivalry)
* VAN Canucks at CHI Blackhawks
* WSH Capitals at SJ Sharks

...? Enjoy tonight's games, NHL fans!

[UPDATE] Speaking of San Jose, Evgeni Nabokov of the San Jose Sharks announced his retirement. He's played some... 10 or so years in the NHL. Best of luck to him in his retirement.

Last edited:
Sabres really showing their skills this year. I think this season will end up on Greatest Tank Battles soon.

It sure was nice to see the Red Wings take a vacation in the first period yesterday.... That wound up resulting in a 4-1 loss to the Penguins.

Spare some thoughts in loving memory of Steve Montador, who died yesterday at 35. Here is a piece on Yahoo! Sports remembering him:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-nhl-defenseman-steve-montador-dies-184117070--nhl.html

On a much lighter note, there are eight games on tonight. Here are some of those:
* NYR Rangers at NYI Islanders
* MON Canadiens at DET Red Wings (Original Six game!)
* BOS Bruins at CGY Flames
* MIN Wild at VAN Canucks
* TB Lightning at LA Kings

This Wednesday will feature a nice little match between two of the NHL's Original Six on Wednesday Night Rivalry as AnthonyD1993's Detroit Red Wings will pay a visit to Chicago to take on the Chicago Blackhawks. MoTown at Chi-Town. Original Six NHL hockey this Wednesday.

Enjoy some NHL hockey.

Wednesday Night Rivalry tonight on NBC Sports Network features Detroit at Chicago. Good old Original Six match between these two teams.

You all go enjoy some hockey tonight.

Back