NHL Season 2012-2013

• Thread starter Tzun
  • 993 comments
East = Islanders, Ottawa, Capitals, Boston
West = Chicago, Detroit, San Jose, St. Louis

If youre going to bet, these are the correct answers. Trust me :)

I'm picking Pittsburgh, Montreal, NY Rangers, and Boston for the east.

Chicago, Detroit, Vancouver, and St. Louis for the west.

Good outlook for me! I'm just glad to see Montreal back being relevant. I'd be happy if they even won the first round series.

Youre gonna be happy when they win the first two and then Anderson just shuts the door and youre tv will broke :D

Good luck to all teams in the playoff pursuit of Lord Stanley's Cup. The fun (madness, insanity, any similar term...) begins tonight.

Nice game Anderson 48saves. Thats when his at his best when he just gets trashed with the shots.

It was a really exciting game, Eller got knocked out with a head shot which really sucks, he was turning into a fine player and losing him really hurts the offensive depth.

Montreal dominated most of the game, Anderson was incredible and Price had a really bad game. I'd say watch game 2, it should be fun to watch.

@Noob, hit on Eller, dirty or not? And i want youre answer as a hockey fan NOT as a Canadieners fan. :P

Dirty, targeted hit to the head. Old school it's a clean hit, but it's a pretty blatant violation of rule 48 (blind side hits where the head is the principal point of contact).

It's the kind of hit the NHL says they want to take out of the game (although they don't do much lol)

We're tied, back at 1-1!

Edit: Leafs tie their series up. Plan the parade.

Last edited:
Drop the puck on a few more playoff matches! NBC has Pittsburgh at the New York Islanders. NYI is currently ahead 2-0 inside of 9 minutes left in the first period.

Canucks are teetering on being eliminated, 5-1 in the third. Going down 3-0 in the series with their back against the wall. Not much left for them.

Calder finalists:
Jonathan Huberdeau (FLA)
Brendan Gallagher (MTL)
Brandon Saad (CHI)

Who will win?

I think Huberdeau. He was the go to guy in Florida and got the toughest matchups. Gallagher and Saad both had the benefit of playing on the 2nd/3rd lines of good teams with good linemates (and easier matchups).

Montreal played like absolute thugs last night. This coming from a team who has Tootoo in their team.

Subban should win, but I think Suter will because the hockey media loves quiet two way D even though Subban had the better season.

Back