NHL Season 2012-2013

• Thread starter Tzun
  • 993 comments
Clytius
Jackets just acquired Bobrovsky for draft picks. They traded three draft picks to Philly.

HOLY ****! Mason is gone! Mason have no future in Columbus anymore. I dont think Staal (Jordan) want to stay in Pittsburgh, he even rejected Pittsburghs 10-year offer.

Reports from many people are saying Luongo to Toronto is all but official.

Pierre McGuire on sports radio right now said he stayed in same hotel as Burke in Las Vegas and that he saw Gillis and Burke have dinner together and they met again today in Pittsburgh!

For those that don't know those 2 hate each other so this is looking like a very promising day!

Draft:

1st: Nail Yakupov (EDM)
2nd: Ryan Murray (CBJ)
3rd: Alex Galchenyuk (MTL)
4th: Griffin Reinhart (NYI)
5th: Morgan Rielly (TOR)
6th: Hampus Lindholm (ANA)
7th: Matthew Dumba (MIN)
8th: Derrick Pouliot (PIT via CAR)
9th: Jacob Trouba (WPG)
10th: Slater Koekkoek (TBL)
11th: Filip Forsberg (WSH)
12th: Mikhail Grigorenko (BUF)
13th: Radek Faksa (DAL)
14th: Zemgus Girgensons (BUF via CGY)
15th: Cody Ceci (OTT)
16th: Tom Wilson (WSH)
Im going to sleep.

Last edited:
I am still waiting the blockbuster... I'm always disappointed when I do but my god I hope it happens today.

Not really any surprises in the picks do far.

8th, Sutter, and prospect to Pittsburgh for Staal. That a good deal for Pittsburgh since Staal was leaving after this season for nothing anyway.

Colorado signs Matt Duchene for a 2-year 7 million contract.

Capa trade 2012 second round pick and Cody Eakin to Dallas for Mike Ribeiro.

Phoenix trade 2012 third round pick, Mark Cheverie and Ruopp Harrison to Pittsburgh for Zbynek Michalek.
Michalek is exactly the man The Yotes need.

Last edited:
If you get a chance, go to a draft. It was fun, and unlike watching at home, it never felt like it was dragging on. Good atmosphere with the Pens fans and also most of the other teams had a small group there.

@ Tzun: Mason's not out of Columbus yet, but all signs point to him being at least off the NHL team. It depends on if they can get another goalie thru free agency or trade.

So Flyers sent James Van R.. (sp?) to the Leafs for Schenn. A real bummer for the Canucks because I was hoping we would get Schenn back in their trade.

CMvan46
So Flyers sent James Van R.. (sp?) to the Leafs for Schenn. A real bummer for the Canucks because I was hoping we would get Schenn back in their trade.

Wow! Well Rielly will replace him but JVR wow. He will be a big part of the Leafs.

Good trade for both teams I think. The Flyers will probably lose Matt Carle as a UFA so Schenn fills a hole there. JVR will add skilled size to the top 6 for the Leafs. If the Leafs sign Justin Schultz as is rumoured, this deal looks like a home run.

Noob616
Good trade for both teams I think. The Flyers will probably lose Matt Carle as a UFA so Schenn fills a hole there. JVR will add skilled size to the top 6 for the Leafs. If the Leafs sign Justin Schultz as is rumoured, this deal looks like a home run.

Philly is getting Ryan its just about time. If Leafs gets Luongo their making the play-offs they need 1st line center as well.

Really happy with how the draft turned out with the Leafs. I also can't wait to see how the JVR trade will turn out.

I still can't believe the Bruins picked Malcolm Subban. The rivalry just got more interesting.

Clytius
Really happy with how the draft turned out with the Leafs. I also can't wait to see how the JVR trade will turn out.

I still can't believe the Bruins picked Malcolm Subban. The rivalry just got more interesting.

Cant wait for Subbans first game! I hope he steals Rasks starting position. Bruins needed goalie and he was the best available.

The Jets sign a big piece Ondrej Pavelec. Contract worth 19.5mill for 5-years, good contract for him and for the Jets.

Pretty fair value to both sides, maybe a slight overpayment it's not an albatross. I'm curious as to what his KHL offer was worth.

Noob616
Pretty fair value to both sides, maybe a slight overpayment it's not an albatross. I'm curious as to what his KHL offer was worth.

I think its not overpayment he is worth it. KHL offer maybe 4-5 mill.

The Washington Capitals have hired New Jersey Devils assistant coach Adam Oates as the team's new coach.

I read that Dale Hunter chose not to return as the Capitals head coach next season because they were eliminated in the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Clytius
The Washington Capitals have hired New Jersey Devils assistant coach Adam Oates as the team's new coach.

I read that Dale Hunter chose not to return as the Capitals head coach next season because they were eliminated in the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Interesting pick. I tought it was "family" things.

It's because he has a comparatively low stress multi-million dollar junior team in London, compared to a stressful NHL team where he probably makes less money, is away from his family, and has to deal with multi-millionaire primadonna athletes.

Yes! The Hall of Fame inductees were released today and the best Leaf ever Mats Sundin will be a Hall of Famer! Along with Joe Sakic, Adam Oates, and Bure.

Sundin ahead of Shanahan and Lindros :rolleyes:

And Pat Burns still not in the HHOF. What a joke.

Clytius
Yes! The Hall of Fame inductees were released today and the best Leaf ever Mats Sundin will be a Hall of Famer! Along with Joe Sakic, Adam Oates, and Bure.

No Brendan Shanahan :(

I'm not really surprised Shanahan didn't get in. His numbers are good but not amazing. All the guys in other than maybe Oates had better PPG averages than Shanahan. I do think he will get in eventually but I think the guys that got in deserve it.

The first true Canuck in the hall :D

Big player for the Flames from the Caps! Dennis Wideman, first traded for 5th round pick and AHL d-man Jordan Henry then signed for 5-year contract worth of 26.25mill. Important part for the St. Louis signed Ken Hitchcock.

Back