NHL Season 2012-2013

• Thread starter Tzun
  • 993 comments
So did Calgary just look at Bouwmeester's contract and think "we've gotta out-do that one!"

That contract just destroyed the defensemen market. Suter's gonna get more than 7M, Carle will be pushing 7M, Montreal's gonna have to give Subban more than that now, probably looking at close to 6M for him now. What a dumb contract.

I guess this means the beginning of the end for Bouwmeester in Calgary?

Last edited:
I just don't understand Calgary...

That's an overpayment in my opinion and their first round pick was baffling. They have nothing going for them and Iginla and Kipper are losing value rapidly. Their farm system has nothing as well. Time to move on... Rebuild.

Noob616
So did Calgary just look at Bouwmeester's contract and think "we've gotta out-do that one!"

That contract just destroyed the defensemen market. Suter's gonna get more than 7M, Carle will be pushing 7M, Montreal's gonna have to give Subban more than that now, probably looking at close to 6M for him now. What a dumb contract.

I guess this means the beginning of the end for Bouwmeester in Calgary?

There is no way Carle is getting 7mill Suter maybe but thats way too much! Carle 4.5 max, Suter 6.5 max and Subban 6 max.

Last edited:
Looks like Sid is going to be a Penguin for life. He just signed a 12 year contract extension worth 104mil.

Quick also just agreed to a 10 year contract deal.

First Sid then Quick eh?.... I'm thinking the GMs are afraid the new CBA is going to prevent these lifetime deals that circumvent the cap, so they're getting them locked in before it comes into effect.

Clytius
Looks like Sid is going to be a Penguin for life. He just signed a 12 year contract extension worth 104mil.

Quick also just agreed to a 10 year contract deal.

First Sid then Quick eh?.... I'm thinking the GMs are afraid the new CBA is going to prevent these lifetime deals that circumvent the cap, so they're getting them locked in before it comes into effect.

There should be max years like 7 or 8 years. Cindy sucks.

[Edit]: Rask signed 1-year contract worth 3.5mill. B's dont trust he can be number 1, so 1-year contract or what?

Clytius
If Cindy gets hit hard again his career is most likely finished.....

Yea. The Marc Savard concussion. Its better for Penguins not to get rid of Matt "****in retard **** ass" Cooke.

Clytius
Why does everyone hate Matt Cooke again? Is he like a Sean Avery twin?

What do you mean again? I hate hin i hate Avery, Malkin, Crosby, this is very very long list.

Clytius
Everybody seems to hate Matt Cooke, why?

Why do you hate Malkin?

Go youtube and type Matt Cooke Marc Savard. He is just so annoyung his Russian and plays in Pittsburgh.

Why is Malkin annoying :lol:? It's just jealousy because Crosby and Malkin are the two best players in the world.

As for Cooke, he had some bad cheap shots in the past, but he's really cleaned up his act. Last season he was a new man.

Last edited:
They both are over protected my the refs and cindy just dives all the time. If you try to do something for them refs just protects them.

[Edit]: Good one "Evander Kane Matt Cooke"

Last edited:
Cant wait! Free agent frenzy!! Parise to? Suter to? Weber needs a new contract am i right? 70mill 10-year or if Suter leaves Weber leaves if Weber leaves Rinne leaves if Rinne leaves Trotz leaves... lol!

Weber's likely staying, he's only an RFA. I can't see Suter still in NSH to start next season, unless at a heavy discount. Wideman got 5.25M for God's sake, Suter will get 7M or more. No way NSH can afford that.

The Oilers have many young talented players with bright futures in the NHL. In a couple year they will be dominate, but not in tell they fix their defense.

Last edited:
Clytius
The Oilers have some many young talented players with bright futures in the NHL. In a couple year they will be dominate, but not in tell they fix their defense.

Yeah and their goaltending still needs to improve but he is young too. The defense there is shockingly bad and you never know if the kids are just going to hit a wall one day but at this point they look scary as 🤬

Well Schultz is a good addition to their D, but it's still piss poor. They have to get serious quick, Hall and Eberle only have one year left on their ELC's, and RNH has two. The ideally want to be competitive before RNH and Yakupov get their 2nd deals, or they'll be hard pressed to keep the core together.

Noob616
Well Schultz is a good addition to their D, but it's still piss poor. They have to get serious quick, Hall and Eberle only have one year left on their ELC's, and RNH has two. The ideally want to be competitive before RNH and Yakupov get their 2nd deals, or they'll be hard pressed to keep the core together.

They should trade one of their young guns!

Perhaps that's the option, trade one of Hall or Eberle when they re-up for a bigger contract, and keep Hall/Eberle-RNH-Yakupov.

Hard to say because we don't know what will happen in the next couple years. And who knows, maybe by some stroke of luck the Oilers can sign Suter and Carle tomorrow and instantly become a legit contender. All I know is that the Oilers have a limited window with all those guys developing quickly and 2 or 3 years off of making serious money (although they could probably get all 4 signed for less than what Pittsburgh spends on Crosby-Malkin-Neal). They ideally can get into the playoffs and make some noise on the 3rd year of RNH's ELC.

I think their time is 2 years. Show what they can do now and how talented they are and then attract the big names.

Yeah, I think 2-4 seasons from now is their legitimate window. Hall and Eberle will probably take a discount (sign both for around 5M?) and Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov will still be on their ELC's. Maybe Schultz will really excel. The sky is really the limit for all of those young guys though, Nugent-Hopkins putting up 52 points in 62 games in his first NHL season is insane.

Capgeek says that Detroit have 20+mill cap space. They can fit Parise, Suter and Semin there. Holy ****. What if Detroit gets atleast two of those. Off course Suter is not Lidström but he is better than Stuart. Datsyuk and Semin in the same line?

Free Agency should be awesome, If Bobby Ryan went to Detroit I would flip...

Back