NHL Season 2012-2013

• Thread starter Tzun
  • 993 comments
Get ready for Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight in Chicago. With the series tied at 2-2, we WILL have a Game 6. But who will have a 3-2 edge in the series? Le Mans may be going on, but Chicago and Boston are ready to endure a bit more in the hunt for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Good luck to Boston and Chicago.

An observation from an extremely casual Hawks fan: man the Hawks fail to clear the zone or have a bad turnover in the defensive zone a lot and it always seems to set up amazing scoring opportunities. Is that just common for all teams or have they been doing that at a crazy rate the last couple series?

The Hawks are better than most overall given that they're among the best possession teams in the league, but overall the defensive zone turnovers happens a fair bit, particularly in the playoffs. Hockey by its very nature just isn't a very clean game, it can often be pretty sloppy and it's sometimes hard to do basic things like passing the puck around.

It's been a bit more common the last couple games though, protecting a lead can be tough and cause you to sit back which ends up causing more turnovers.

I like the trade for Jonathan Bernier, both teams got it good. Seeing as how we have two young goalies now, I'm excited to see them both develop into studs. I don't think Bernier will be granted starting goalie right off the boat, it should still belong too Reimer.

Yeah it's a good trade for both teams I think. Toronto didn't give up very much of consequence and Bernier's a good young goalie.

Tonight is Game 6 in Boston. Will the Chicago Blackhawks finish off the Boston Bruins tonight, or will this battle between two of the NHL's Original Six will go the 7-game distance? Boston must win to force a Game 7. We'll find out tonight!

Good luck to both the Chicago Blackhawks and the Boston Bruins tonight. Play hard and put on a great show.

So here we go Bruins, it's 🤬 or walk.

borgia-saison-2-canal-stanley-weber-john.jpg

John Doman
It's you versus second place. The clock is ticking, let's see what you've got...

So I haven't really followed hockey since the lock-out, but I'm watching the game tonight and was really surprised to hear the name Jaromir Jagr. He still plays? I remember watching him and Lemieux dominate what I was like 5.

What a move by Marchand. Needed a little lift on the pass and it would have been perfect. Well 1-0, and the 3rd is the best again :)

Joey D
So I haven't really followed hockey since the lock-out, but I'm watching the game tonight and was really surprised to hear the name Jaromir Jagr. He still plays? I remember watching him and Lemieux dominate what I was like 5.

Yeah he's been kicking around for the last couple years. Still has the skills and the mile wide ass but his speed is gone :lol:.

That's what you get for not turning up, Boston. It was all yours, but you 🤬 up when it mattered, as per usual.

Now I can start going to bed before morning arrives!

Nice job by Chicago and a great series overall.👍

Hopefully it will be the Wild next year.:dopey:

Kinda disappointing for it to end with such a poor, lifeless game, especially after some of the battles that we've been treated to. Congratulations to Blackhawks.

That's what happens when you serve up a swamp to play on, or is it in?

There where some incredible games in the series though, they can't all be up to that level I suppose but all in all a very exciting playoff and finals.

👍 NHL

My biggest pet peave in sports was.proven once again tonight...
Do not play to not lose when you are up!

When i played semi pro paintball on a national level i played and stressed to teammates to play to the end.
When i owned and coached a team i always stressed to my players that the scoreboard does not matter. It is 0/0 until the final whistle/ buzzer/bell/horn whatever. The better team raises their hand in Victory when the clock says 00:00 not 1 minute, not 10 seconds. But 00:00.

Do not let up until the final handshake.

It was a short fast season. Hawks brought it and took it from us on our home... pond?...ice.

Still proud to be a lifelong bostonian!

Brutal and crazy ending last night. Boston players must be so disappointed but it's not over until the fat lady sings, and 2 goals in seconds had the fat lady singing for Chicago!

Back