NHL Season 2012-2013

• Thread starter Tzun
  • 993 comments
Oh shush, you just swept the ECF after rolling over the Rangers.

This game was just a warm-up. Bruins will hit form and it will all be over.

#becauseitsthecup

That's amazing that you guys were up watching :lol:. I have Bruins fan friends who went to bed, it's only 1AM here!

That's my exact justification:

GF: "Why are you still up? Have you slept at all?!"
Me: "No..."
GF: "And you didn't come to bed why?"
Me: "Because it's the cup!"
GF: :rolleyes: "Weirdo"

Last edited:
Yup, the Hawks have a lot of talented depth. Kane and Toews get the spotlight but Hossa and Sharp would be top line forwards on most teams as well. I'm a big Hossa fan, I love the way he plays the game and I think he got a crappy deal in Ottawa.

That game was choatic! The game-winner was scored at 11:59 PM CDT! I was about to go to sleep when Chicago finally scored that winning goal. Insane stuff to say the least.

Depth forwards vs forward depth can be confusing, and admittedly I wasn't very clear :P

When I say depth forwards I mean guys like Bickell, Prust, Campbell, Paille, etc etc, your 3rd/4th line plugs that fill in the bottom 6.

Forward depth to me means how many quality forwards a team has, as in having Kane/Sharp on one line and Hossa/Toews on another is a testament to the depth of Chicago's group of forwards.

Well you said talented depth :P Should have said talented forward depth.

I hope Horton is fine and can play in game 2. Im not even sure what happened to him..

Think they saved their energy for the OT :lol:

Well...the Bruins did :P

Last edited:
Game 3 of the NHL Finals is tonight in Boston with the series tied 1-1. Have to wonder if these boys can settle their differences in regulation after that wild Triple Overtime game in Game 1 and the 2-1 Boston victory in Game 2. Next two games in this series are in Boston. A Game 5 is assured, but somebody's going to go up 2-1 after tonight. Who, though- Chicago or Boston?

Good luck to both teams.

Crawfish, go home.

See? Do as you're told.

Tzun, you liking this?

Bickell having a near-death experience with Chara.

Shutout yo.

Last edited:
I'd like to see more into how they're evaluating that. Frankly, the fact they're talking about plus/minus in the first place makes me skeptical. Also, it should be obvious that Chara, Crosby, and Toews get a boost from their teammates. They play for probably the 3 best teams in the league.

It's still pretty tough to agree with Datsyuk being better than Crosby, there's a lot of statistics that point to the contrary. The general premise is true though, compared to other team sports the NHL is less star driven. Having stars helps, but one good player can't carry a team.

Last edited:
So not the NHL, but in AHL news my hometown Grand Rapids Griffins just won their first Calder Cup defeating the Syracuse Crunch 5-2. I went to game 4 last Friday night hoping for the sweep but it didn't happen, but I'm glad they won it after 6 games. Definitely an exciting time for Grand Rapids, the city will be rocking for sure.

Tonight is Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals in Boston. The Chicago Blackhawks are looking at a 2-1 deficit in the series after Boston beat the Blackhawks 2-0 on Monday. Can the Blackhawks draw even in Boston? We shall see.

Good luck to both teams.

What a perfect shot 4-4

Edit: 5-4 Chicago on a 5v3 power play

Edit 2: and 5-5 again. What a high scoring game wow

Last edited:
Back