Nickname not allowed ??

• Thread starter mick170669
  • 22 comments
Hi, just got GT7, at the start when it asks for a nickname I wanted to use my PSN ID (The_Carpet_Frog) but it says that it uses word/s that are not allowed or something like that. Anyone got any ideas on why ?

Last edited:
Seems weird, I definitely know it's not the underscore. A mod will probably answer soon, there's always one around usually.

Depending on how sensitive the GT7 filters are, perhaps it's the word "frog" which is a derogatory term used towards French people?

Depending on how sensitive the GT7 filters are, perhaps it's the word "frog" which is a derogatory term used towards French people?
If frog is derogatory, how are you supposed to call this correctly...?

frog-1.jpg

My PSN was TPC_Pigems for the longest time, GT Sport used to blank it out if someone tagged me in a lobby because of the PCP part(tPC_Pigems), same for any other team member who’s name started with a P after the TPC_ lol.

Can be any part of the nick. For me the game doesn't allow my family name, "Cunha", cause the first 2 letters (c u) mean "ass" in Portuguese.

Notice it seems like game applies rules based on your language. If my account was from NA I think it would have allowed it (as c u is a Portuguese only word, or at least is a bad word only on this idiom)

A lot of auto censors used in game chats are like using nukes to kill a housefly. GT7 probably uses the same ruleset as PSN. I remember a game I played on mobile where an in-game monster named Sigmarus would get censored because of the "gm." I'm waiting for it to get to a point where all words are censored.

If frog is derogatory, how are you supposed to call this correctly...?

View attachment 1330498
Something other than it's proper name I guess...same as you must do for an adult male chicken, or guys named Richard that prefer a certain shortened version of their name.

Thankfully not every company is so careful with their censors. It took EA 12 years to finally ban my NHL online name which wouldn't have made it 1 day most places :lol:

A lot of auto censors used in game chats are like using nukes to kill a housefly. GT7 probably uses the same ruleset as PSN. I remember a game I played on mobile where an in-game monster named Sigmarus would get censored because of the "gm." I'm waiting for it to get to a point where all words are censored.
That is very ******. But why ****** ** **** ** with the ** ***** ** ? I tell you what, if they think that I *** ** **** can ****** off and shove the ****** up their ***** ***** until the handle falls off.

Back