Nintendo Switch

Thanks for the insult by the way.

Can't you read?

"a short-sighted comment" seems more of a criticism of your post than an insult against you...........at the very least it's less of an insult than "can't you read?" :odd:

Sales are looking good so far...

Sweden's biggest ever console launch.
Europe's biggest Nintendo console launch
Australia and New Zealand's biggest Nintendo console launch
Spain's biggest ever console launch
Germany's biggest ever Nintendo console launch
France's biggest console launch.

Well done to Nintendo so far. 👍

Pleasant surprise that considering the time of year they've launched. With the relatively sparse lineup of launch/upcoming games, stiff competition and marketing challenges it faces I'd still be sceptical of the Switch becoming an ultimate success, but if they can keep something like that up through to Christmas then who knows.

You aimed that comment at me. Not gaming fans in general. Can't you read? Let me refresh your memory.
Look, I understand you must be easily offended so if you fell under the category of the people I'm defining - That's your bag.

All I was saying was it was nice the launch met did well, better than the previous 'HOME' Console' launch and beating out 3DS in many regards. Surely there's nothing wrong with that?

It was a short sighted comment given we're looking at the industry as a whole having 'strong launchs' there's no need to launch insults back at me because you'd rather be cynical than see the merit in the continued growth of gaming as a whole.

:)

Look, I understand you must be easily offended so if you fell under the category of the people I'm defining - That's your bag.

All I was saying was it was nice the launch met did well, better than the previous 'HOME' Console' launch and beating out 3DS in many regards. Surely there's nothing wrong with that?

It was a short sighted comment given we're looking at the industry as a whole having 'strong launchs' there's no need to launch insults back at me because you'd rather be cynical than see the merit in the continued growth of gaming as a whole.

:)
I'm not easily offended. If you call someone short-sighted you are calling them stupid, unless you're recommending they buy a new pair of glasses. My response, had I been offended, would have been to report you instead of reply.

You are the one who aimed a reply at me and then pretended you had said it to the general gaming public. That's not my bag. That's yours. You are correct that I was out of line as well. I am sorry about that. :ouch:

That the Switch has done well is good. I've not said it isn't. I just wanted to point out that this does happen every generation and is not noteworthy in itself.

Incidentally, if you check my post history in this thread you will find more positive posts than negative ones.

Last edited:
I'm not easily offended. If you call someone short-sighted you are calling them stupid, unless you're recommending they buy a new pair of glasses. My response, had I been offended, would have been to report you instead of reply.

You are the one who aimed a reply at me and then pretended you had said it to the general gaming public. That's not my bag. That's yours. You are correct that I was out of line as well. I am sorry about that. :ouch:

That the Switch has done well is good. I've not said it isn't. I just wanted to point out that this does happen every generation and is not noteworthy in itself.

Incidentally, if you check my post history in this thread you will find more positive posts than negative ones.
I said your comment was short sighted though, not you as an individual. :lol: I wasn't trying to take a pop at you!

My reply was in response to the general attitude which I feel was exemplified in your post.

Last edited:
I'm not easily offended. If you call someone short-sighted you are calling them stupid

No, when you say someone is short-sighted you are saying that they lack foresight; and I daresay Brend probably isn't the first one to come to that conclusion anyway. Any intimation that it means "you're stupid" is a slight imagined entirely in your own head.

Anyway... Blaster Master Zero, Voez and 6 NEOGEO games have been added to the NA eShop today.

I picked up Blaster Master. Voez looks alright but not sure I wanna plonk down $25 for it. The NEOGEO games are $7 apiece and none particularly interest me (or I already own elsewhere), so I'll be passing on those as well.

Anyway... Blaster Master Zero, Voez and 6 NEOGEO games have been added to the NA eShop today.

I picked up Blaster Master. Voez looks alright but not sure I wanna plonk down $25 for it. The NEOGEO games are $7 apiece and none particularly interest me (or I already own elsewhere), so I'll be passing on those as well.
VOEZ is great! I'm getting Blaster Master later. :D

I picked up Master Blaster Zero yesterday and put an hour in when I was supposed to be playing Zelda (Whoops :D), I can recommend this for anyone who likes Metroid. Pretty similar in a few regards plus has good engaging gameplay. Similar to Issac too so if you can't stand the horrible aesthetic of that game but like the gameplay, this might be up your street.

I picked up Fast RMX the other day and boy is it steep learning curve. The circuits are pretty nice all round. Some really annoying things you can't avoid when going fast which take you out of the zone.

I also had to remap the zone switching button to a trigger so it's easier to reach. Overall though I'm looking forward to putting a little bit more time into it.

I picked up Fast RMX the other day and boy is it steep learning curve. The circuits are pretty nice all round. Some really annoying things you can't avoid when going fast which take you out of the zone.

I also had to remap the zone switching button to a trigger so it's easier to reach. Overall though I'm looking forward to putting a little bit more time into it.
The on track obstacles suck. By far the worst part of the game.

Good luck, once it clicks I'm sure you'll love it. :D

I've completed Subsonic class yesterday with 1st-place finishes in all 10 championships. Even in the lowest speed class, RMX is a game that keeps you on your toes with its incredibly challenging AI, ludicrous speeds and treacherous circuits.

BTW, Mueller rocks, Rochdale sucks.

I read that they changed the AI for FRMX, reducing the rubberbanding. FAST Racing Neo had a pretty tight rubber band, but I think it worked with the boost mechanic, and it meant the game was never a pushover even after you learned the tracks and where/how to boost. I hope RMX isn't easier than FRN for a veteran player.

I read that they changed the AI for FRMX, reducing the rubberbanding. FAST Racing Neo had a pretty tight rubber band, but I think it worked with the boost mechanic, and it meant the game was never a pushover even after you learned the tracks and where/how to boost. I hope RMX isn't easier than FRN for a veteran player.
As someone who 100%'d FRN I can confirm it's just as difficult. Just more fair.

Ok, I'm going to have to pick one of these up to play the new Zelda.

A few questions. Does this thing have an audio optic cable input for using surround sound wireless headphones? Or..When using it as a console, can you still use the Bluetooth feature like if I wanted to use a Bluetooth enabled headset with it.

Next question is, I guess this pro controller is a must if you're going to be using it mainly as a console?

One last question, what's everyone's experience when using it as a console, graphic and visual wise? I've read a couple reviews that said it was sub-standard, but it was only a couple.

Ok, I'm going to have to pick one of these up to play the new Zelda.

A few questions. Does this thing have an audio optic cable input for using surround sound wireless headphones? Or..When using it as a console, can you still use the Bluetooth feature like if I wanted to use a Bluetooth enabled headset with it.

Next question is, I guess this pro controller is a must if you're going to be using it mainly as a console?

One last question, what's everyone's experience when using it as a console, graphic and visual wise? I've read a couple reviews that said it was sub-standard, but it was only a couple.
No optic audio unfortunately.

Bluetooth is limited to communication with controllers currently, though that could change in the future.

I love my pro controller but personally I think the JoyCons are more than suitable for using the system as a main console.

I love my system so far but be sure to check your expectations. The visuals are better than the Wii U but don't quite reach the level of PS4. Performance wise it's closer to XBOne than the PS4. The thing is though, I feel like it's a totally next gen experience. It's like nothing else that's proceeded it and I hope it continues to be a success after a strong launch week.

No optic audio unfortunately.

Bluetooth is limited to communication with controllers currently, though that could change in the future.

I love my pro controller but personally I think the JoyCons are more than suitable for using the system as a main console.

I love my system so far but be sure to check your expectations. The visuals are better than the Wii U but don't quite reach the level of PS4. Performance wise it's closer to XBOne than the PS4. The thing is though, I feel like it's a totally next gen experience. It's like nothing else that's proceeded it and I hope it continues to be a success after a strong launch week.
I actually don't know if I'd even be able to find any in stores right now, everywhere I'm checking online, everyone's out of stock.

@prousonhairy I don't have a pro controller and the joy-cons do fine. I mainly play as a portable and only twice have I used it on a TV (this may get some heavy TV use tonight with a party and 1 2 Switch being played).

Graphically @Brend is spot on with his summery. I'd add that in the whole scope of things graphics don't make the game and as the reviews show Zelda is a great game.

If you're really on the fence about it then I'd say try and get a go with someone's before you buy.

Regarding Pro Controller @prousonhairy ... I think it's highly dependent on the size of your hands. The larger your hands, the more you'll probably dislike the joycons and want to opt for the Pro Controller. If you have medium-to-small sized hands though, you might actually really enjoy using the joycons with the included grip.

And as far as graphics, this thing is a bit beefier than PS3/360/Wii U but doesn't quite reach XB1/PS4 levels. Which is to say that it's definitely capable of some outstanding graphics, though it can't achieve the same levels of shiny that the big box consoles (or PC) can. Zelda still manages to visually impress, even though you can nitpick some of its minor technical shortcomings.

I'm a diehard Zelda fan, I remember playing the very first one when it came out on the original NES, and have played almost all of them.I haven't gotten to play since Twighlight Princess on the game cube. (Orinca of time and a Link to the Past are tied for my 2 favorites). I have to play this one I think, I mean a freaking 98 on Metacritic is insane.

I'm not going to pay $450, or whatever the Hosers who bought 10+ systems and are selling them on Amazon and eBay now are asking, for a $300 system. I'll just have to wait a few weeks/months for it to come back to normal.

It is a bummer about the headphones, Zelda would sound amazing on my Steel Series Siberia 840's, but it is what it is. I probably will end up getting the pro controller, but I'll try the joycons first.

I'm a diehard Zelda fan, I remember playing the very first one when it came out on the original NES, and have played almost all of them.I haven't gotten to play since Twighlight Princess on the game cube. (Orinca of time and a Link to the Past are tied for my 2 favorites). I have to play this one I think, I mean a freaking 98 on Metacritic is insane.

I'm not going to pay $450, or whatever the Hosers who bought 10+ systems and are selling them on Amazon and eBay now are asking, for a $300 system. I'll just have to wait a few weeks/months for it to come back to normal.

It is a bummer about the headphones, Zelda would sound amazing on my Steel Series Siberia 840's, but it is what it is. I probably will end up getting the pro controller, but I'll try the joycons first.
Hopefully Nintendo get a new stock batch soon enough for people who missed out on the first wave. 👍 Don't let the product scalpers win!

I'm a diehard Zelda fan

It is a bummer about the headphones, Zelda would sound amazing on my Steel Series Siberia 840's, but it is what it is.

I probably will end up getting the pro controller, but I'll try the joycons first.

Like you I'm a Zelda fan and own every game from the beginning. Ocarina is my favourite. However this is running it very close, it's that good.

I use my headphones via the jack and it's perfectly fine. I agree they could have added some extras like Optical out in the jack and another USB C at the top or Bluetooth Audio.

One thing the Switch does which took me by surprise & that's sound fantastic from he built in speakers. Some of the Bird sounds and Rain seem to come from other directions rather than the front. Very good for small speakers.

I have quite large hands and the Joy Cons are ok for me for short sessions. The JC's in the charge holder is better.

A83D856D-952B-497D-96B0-12E6D8C838C8.jpg

Last edited:
A heads up for everyone, your profile will show time played per game today if you played a game first at launch. After 10 days the 'first played' section will change to show your time per game. 👍

My 9 yr son really wants a switch now, I think I can hold him off until Christmas though. As badly as I would like to play the new Zelda, I can wait and hopefully some of the launch issues will be fixed by then.

For anyone interested, Lego Worlds has it's share of bugs and glitches. It's a typical Traveler's Tales release, screen tearing, the occasional major lag when playing local multiplayer, frame rate drops and occasional freezing, crashing. Yet somehow, through it all, this game has put one enormous smile on me face. This is the most fun I've had (in any new game) so far this year. I currently have 53 Gold Bricks collected and I literally can't stop playing it. It might turn out to be the best Lego game of all time if they can patch some of these problems. Hopefully most of that is out of the way by the time it releases on the Switch.

Back