Zelda002.jpg
Zelda003.jpg
Zelda004.jpg
Zelda005.jpg
Zelda006.jpg
Zelda007.jpg
Zelda008.jpg
Zelda009.jpg

I wish the Switch would output the images at a higher resolution.

I saw a rather cute and fun puzzle game on Twitch for the Switch called "Snipperclips: Cut it Out Together!". You solve puzzles and even play mini games co-op style. The twist is that you can cut out shapes of other players to try to solve puzzles better. It's really fun from what I've seen.

You know whats sad? It took Nintendo 4 years to develop the breath of the wild gem.
Polyphony cant even make a polished turd given the time they've spent making gt5. Basically its been downhill for the GT series since GT4.

Have just completed my first Divine Beast and it was fantastic. This game keeps getting better and better.

I think Breath of the Wild is a contender for the best Nintendo game of all time. I'm surprised there isn't a thread for it or more discussion yet.

I think Breath of the Wild is a contender for the best Nintendo game of all time. I'm surprised there isn't a thread for it or more discussion yet.

It's certainly edging Ocarina for the best Zelda game.

Well, It speaks volumes since it's the only Zelda game I've truly enjoyed outside of Twilight Princess. It's simply unbelievable.

I can't discuss it because I'm simply enjoying it so much, the immersion is other worldly. I don't even stop to take photos or anything like that...I'm just enjoying the core gameplay so much.

I just got the weapon needed for Ganon...So it's time to go on a major items stock up before the big fight. Maybe hit up some shrines too, get some much needed health buffs. :lol:

@Brend -- Yeah, like I've said before, I haven't counted myself as a Zelda fan since the 1990s, so it's quite a feat for Nintendo to have me weighing BotW against the likes of Super Metroid.

I'm almost up to 100 shrines, though they're starting to become elusive with the sensor turned off. I got the Master Sword almost as soon as I was able to, but as always, I'm not motivated to go fight Ganon. I've visited Hyrule Castle, though. I've completed three of the Divine Beasts trying to acquire abilities I thought I needed to open up a few shrines, but the solutions turned out to be something else.

An amusing one was the Shrine Quest "A Song of Storms"...
...I thought I needed a lightning spell (Urbosa's Fury), but when I brought it there and it didn't work, I realized all I needed was to attract some natural lightning. So I stood atop the mound and let myself get struck. I survived...and afterwards I had the bright idea of dropping a weapon/shield on the mound...or at the very least putting on shock-resistant armor. :lol:

Snake Pass is out today in US and tomorrow in EU. It looks like a fun, unique platformer so I'll definitely be picking it up.

It'll be my 8th Switch purchase so far. It's been an expensive few weeks! :lol:

Zelda, Bomberman R, VOEZ, Blaster Master Zero, Fast RMX, Neo Turf Masters, Shovel Knight, Snake Pass

Not really the biggest Mario Kart fan, but MK8DX is quite nice.

Though I gotta say... constantly getting griefed by items is quite annoying. I'm sure against human opponents, items can fun... but against AI it's just irritating constantly getting hit by 'em while in 1st place.

I expected MK8DX to be more tempting than it is. Now that I know the most substantial improvement is Battle Mode, there's not exactly a lot to DX if you put over 100 hours into the first game, prefer racing to battling, and have no one to battle in local multiplayer. Maybe picking up a used cart later for online racing (sans fire-hopping!) is the way to go for me.

FAST RMX is my most-wanted Switch title so far.

Though I gotta say... constantly getting griefed by items is quite annoying. I'm sure against human opponents, items can fun... but against AI it's just irritating constantly getting hit by 'em while in 1st place.
"Frantic" items (available for VS mode) are better for racing the AI, in my opinion. Having more offensive items to defend or retaliate while in 1st place not only helps you out but also makes the gameplay more engaging.

At least it's not Mario Kart Wii.

I expected MK8DX to be more tempting than it is. Now that I know the most substantial improvement is Battle Mode, there's not exactly a lot to DX if you put over 100 hours into the first game, prefer racing to battling, and have no one to battle in local multiplayer. Maybe picking up a used cart later for online racing (sans fire-hopping!) is the way to go for me.

FAST RMX is my most-wanted Switch title so far.

"Frantic" items (available for VS mode) are better for racing the AI, in my opinion. Having more offensive items to defend or retaliate while in 1st place not only helps you out but also makes the gameplay more engaging.

At least it's not Mario Kart Wii.
Fair enough, Wolfe. 👍, there's more than enough mechanic changes for this 380 hours on Wii U player. :D

Put in 17 hours over the weekend, it's lovely. :)

Fair enough, Wolfe. 👍, there's more than enough mechanic changes for this 380 hours on Wii U player. :D

Put in 17 hours over the weekend, it's lovely. :)
What's disappointing is that there aren't any new circuits besides the battle arenas. Not that MK8 is short on circuits, but Nintendo did such a good job on them that the idea of maybe another two cups was rather compelling.

What's disappointing is that there aren't any new circuits besides the battle arenas. Not that MK8 is short on circuits, but Nintendo did such a good job on them that the idea of maybe another two cups was rather compelling.
Very true, I'm incredibly disappointed there's no further track additions! Especially with potential for a Splatoon track being such an easy option.

Even a BoTW Hyrule point-to-point track would have been a great idea.

Back