Nintendo Switch

It's a shame Nintendo seem to have borked the 'Join Friend' option online. Any time I try to connect it says the 'target device can't accept any more connections' so they've severely cut back the amount of spectators that can wait to race.

Hopefully it's something server-side that can be fixed with ease.

Anyone else having MK8D online issues? I haven't lasted longer than a half-lap of SNES RR before being disconnected. Not sure if it's my end (more than likely) or server-side...

Anyone else having MK8D online issues? I haven't lasted longer than a half-lap of SNES RR before being disconnected. Not sure if it's my end (more than likely) or server-side...
Regular matches I've been fine, 40 races deep.

Joining friends has been mucked up though by the looks of it. Very hard to get in a queue.

Breath of the Wild is definitely still a Zelda game. I've completed almost all of the main content with little but Calamity Ganon left to do, and like almost every other Zelda game I've played, my attention has drifted away. I think it's that Ganon is such a "meh" villain and the main storyline in Zelda games is so irrelevant that I'm barely compelled to go in and finish things. I'm going to do it, but lately I've just been letting @Mrs Wolfe play.

Now Xenoblade Chronicles X just popped into my head tonight, and after playing some of the OST and stirring up my love for that game, I think I have to tip the title of "best open world Wii U game" to XCX.

I sincerely hope the Switch's success can vault Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to receive the broader attention I think Monolith Soft deserves.

so i sparked an idea when i was reading this article

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/6/15561524/nintendo-switch-best-controllers-joy-con

Maybe an aftermarket company can create controllers like the Joy-cons, where each half can be separated like it. Or i suppose you can just buy the joy-cons, but i'm thinking of a 3rd party solution where you have more buttons on each piece.
This is the best part of the Switch for me. The separated controllers are phenomenal, I've been crying out for something like this since the Wiimote/Nunchuck.

I completed Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap yesterday. Highly recommend this game, it's a pure passion project and you can feel just how much the devs loved this game back in the day. Probably the most faithful remaster I've played. It's one of my favorite indies ever but be warned - it's very difficult.

I've been scoring games I've been playing on my Switch so see below for how I'm finding the 11 titles I've played to date! Feel free to ask any questions on any of them if you're interested in potentially purchased something from the list.
C_c0z-aWsAE06Nj.jpg

I picked up Thumper today. It's fantastic and runs as smooth as butter. Digital Foundry found it runs 60fps in 720p & 1080p depending what way you play. Super low input lag too.

I picked up Thumper today. It's fantastic and runs as smooth as butter. Digital Foundry found it runs 60fps in 720p & 1080p depending what way you play. Super low input lag too.
I'm loving Thumper too. 👍

Things I want for Switch from E3, listed in order
1.Metroid
2.Metroid
3.Metroid
4.Metroid
5.Metroid
6.Metroid
7.Metroid
8.Metroid
9.Metroid
10.Some sim-ish racing game (Not a word from you Slightly Mad, unless you're sure!)

Things I want for Switch from E3, listed in order
1.Metroid
2.Metroid
3.Metroid
4.Metroid
5.Metroid
6.Metroid
7.Metroid
8.Metroid
9.Metroid
10.Some sim-ish racing game (Not a word from you Slightly Mad, unless you're sure!) Metroid
Fixed it for you.

Id like a more car focused racing game. Something sim like or arcade. As long as it's fun to play.

A port of mobile game Gear.Club seems to be on the way: http://www.nintendolife.com/games/switch-eshop/gear_club
That looks promising @Brend
@Sprite I completely agree. Fun is the big thing. I don't think anyone buys Nintendo to get the most realistic racing sim (unless they firmly believe red shells are part of actual racing :lol:). But a fun, sim like game, maybe Forza 4/GT 6 type graphics with some Nintendo personality, would be a nice addition to the Switch library. And if it got a trailer at E3 it would help my inevitable disappointment when they don't mention a word about Metroid....again:crazy:

That gameplay looks great. Going to give that a shot for sure. Looks like a mix of Codename STEAM and XCOM. A little bit of Disgaea thrown in there too.

What is that? A purchase-able game? Or just an ad? I don't have a Switch so I'm not sure
It's a screenshot posted by the devs yesterday showing the game running. It's a load screen, to be precise.

Metroid Prime 4 and a core Pokemon RPG confirmed in development, good job Nintendo, good job. All the faith I've lost in you over the past two generations is slowly being built back up again.

Back