Nintendo Switch

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 coming to the Switch on May 22nd.

Even though I already have these on the Xbox One, I might get them on the Switch too. Being able to play all of the Classic series Mega Man games on the go would be a nice benefit.

Last edited:
Trailblazers, brought to you by an indie team including members who worked for Bizarre Creations and Codemasters.

Basically tossing Splatoon's turf mechanic, Mario Kart 8's track design and cars with hover-wheels, and FAST's color-based boost mechanic in a blender, huh? Looks promising.

Trailblazers, brought to you by an indie team including members who worked for Bizarre Creations and Codemasters.

Basically tossing Splatoon's turf mechanic, Mario Kart 8's track design and cars with hover-wheels, and FAST's color-based boost mechanic in a blender, huh? Looks promising.

Promising indeed. Keeping this one on my radar.

Splatoon racing game? Ok, that's kinda genius.

Perhaps your Switch memory capacity is full? Mine has updated seemingly. :confused:
Don't worry anymore, mine got the update eventually.

I do enjoy the mode, nice break away and a great way to earn money. However, I have encountered one guys balloon who managed to glitch into a wall making it impossible to reach. I kind hope this issue gets patch because this seems game breaking if multiple start trying it.

Also Trees are really OP. Hiding a Balloon in a Tree makes it barely visable, I'm sure this was intentional though for a more added surprise which caught me off guard.

JitteryAncientGelada-max-14mb.gif

The main event is coming to Nintendo Switch this year. Smash Bros baby!!

I wonder how many of SSB4's DLC characters will make the jump to the new game. Can't wait for a new Smash Bros. game that won't randomly throw fits of "disc read errors" on a virtually flawless disc! That was quite aggravating, and basically the only reason I shelved it (and never partook in any of the DLC).

Assuming Monolith Soft Kyoto is pitching in again, my wish is for Elma and Rex and the requisite relevant stages. A Final Smash with a Verus skell blasting away your opponent(s) would be great. And I suppose Rex could function like Pokémon Trainer with Pyra and two other Blades!

Glad to hear that Crash N. Sane Trilogy is coming to the Switch. One less reason for me to get a PS4 now. :D

Direct was decent, even if nothing really blew my socks off. That Dark Souls amiibo is great though, and I'm glad that Octopath Traveler finally has a release date.

South Park on Switch was a 3rd party announcement that got me hyped.

So well suited to the platform.

Aside from the Direct news, new to the eShop yesterday is Steredenn: Binary Stars. What a rockin' little shmup; really tough, but fresh every time it slaps you back to the beginning, because it makes use of procedurally-arranged levels, enemies, bosses, and upgrades. It really works, and the gameplay underpinning it is tight and satisfying. It plays out a lot like a Gradius title, including turret bots you can deploy like Gradius' Options, except they'll remain wherever you place them and can fire in any direction.

There is an element of luck in whether you get upgrades you can use skillfully (which will differ from player to player) and whether a boss throws you a curveball of a devastating new bullet pattern you haven't already learned, but the game has kept surprising me each time I thought I'd seen all the first few levels have to offer. So far I think it's got hugely extraordinary replay value for a shmup. It's even got a daily challenge mode that cycles through fixed game seeds, similar to Dirt 4's daily rally challenges, so you can try to out-score other players on a new leaderboard each day.

I managed to unlock the agile-but-thin-armored class of ship, which is very fun to fly, but I've got to get better at the game because it's hard to survive for long! :D

To anyone who received a friend request from "MuoNiuLa", that's me. My friend code is 6305-2251-2440. :cheers:

Recently I've had my eye on a couple JRPGs whose names actually don't begin with the letter 'X', but the just-announced Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (all platforms) looks like the one to buy this year. One of my favorite things now about JRPGs is getting to share them with @Mrs Wolfe, so one that allows for co-op combat is a strong selling point. :)

I've played a couple Tales games before but passed on Vesperia the first time around because I had not been very impressed with Symphonia, the last one I played. Yet Vesperia is very highly regarded. And one of the playable party members is a knife-wielding (ninja?) dog who can apparently pee on trees, so I'm sold. Jeez, they should have put that on the back of the box of the original XB360 release. :lol:

I figured I'd get the thread primed for tomorrow, though it's a bit last-minute for predictions. Mainly I expect a trailer for the story DLC for Xenoblade 2, something for Metroid Prime 4, and of course Smash Bros.

Nothing for commentary but scattered status update posts? :confused:

We're ecstatic about Torna: The Golden Nation. I figured the DLC would be an extra story chapter, not a whole companion title big enough for a standalone release! The remixed battle system will be neat; it looked to me like it will include new weapon types too. New titans to explore, who knows how much content in all...what a game this has turned out to be. :)

Last night I learned something rather important for my ongoing Xenoblade 2 playthrough, as well -- the one and only unique Blade I have left to collect is a specific enemy drop I missed. Boy am I glad I only recently collected my second-to-last Blade, and didn't spend months grinding for Rare and Legendary Core Crystals in search of the last Blade! :crazy: Finally, I'm through with the gacha mechanic, at least until I come back to New Game Plus in the future and have those extra Blades to collect. :)

Nothing for commentary but scattered status update posts? :confused:

We're ecstatic about Torna: The Golden Nation. I figured the DLC would be an extra story chapter, not a whole companion title big enough for a standalone release! The remixed battle system will be neat; it looked to me like it will include new weapon types too. New titans to explore, who knows how much content in all...what a game this has turned out to be. :)

Last night I learned something rather important for my ongoing Xenoblade 2 playthrough, as well -- the one and only unique Blade I have left to collect is a specific enemy drop I missed. Boy am I glad I only recently collected my second-to-last Blade, and didn't spend months grinding for Rare and Legendary Core Crystals in search of the last Blade! :crazy: Finally, I'm through with the gacha mechanic, at least until I come back to New Game Plus in the future and have those extra Blades to collect. :)

The Switch doesn't get a whole lot of love here but this site has always catered more to Sony and also Microsoft. Thinking about getting Hyrule Warriors from my son's birthday, he really wants it. He finished Zelda and most of the side quests, then he played it again under his sister's profile and now he is getting a bit bored of it. I'm also wondering if he would like a game like Xenoblade 2, he seems to like RPG's a lot, even the old turn-based ones, and he loves Pokémon style anime.

Other than that, the new Smash Bros looks great.

E3 was a bit of a bummer for me. All things considered, this was pretty much a Smash direct. I know given Nintendo's prior E3 showings it was dumb to assume they wouldn't focus on that game but at least Fire Emblem looks good.

Daemon X Machina looks tight as well.

E3 was a bit of a bummer for me. All things considered, this was pretty much a Smash direct. I know given Nintendo's prior E3 showings it was dumb to assume they wouldn't focus on that game but at least Fire Emblem looks good.

Daemon X Machina looks tight as well.

Agreed, E3 was not as good as last year. FH4 was kind of it for me. The new Elder Scrolls game is a long way off, too long to really get excited about, Starfield barely showed anything despite being supposedly in playable form. Other than the Metroid Prime announcement and Smash Bros, they really wasn't much on the Nintendo front either.

If not for Torna: TGN and if I was less enthused about Smash, it would be a pretty disappointing E3 overall. Although I think part of it is how more companies than just Nintendo are communicating directly to the fans now, making E3 less of a priority. Fewer surprises, and more independent announcements. For example, if The Crew 2 was still further out and E3 was where we learned some of what we already know, I'd have that on my E3 list like Xbox fans have FH4 on theirs.

I'm interested in Daemon X Machina too. The producer and mech designer hail from the Armored Core series, and the inspiration is evident. It also reminded me of the Virtual-On series.

Thinking about getting Hyrule Warriors from my son's birthday, he really wants it. He finished Zelda and most of the side quests, then he played it again under his sister's profile and now he is getting a bit bored of it. I'm also wondering if he would like a game like Xenoblade 2, he seems to like RPG's a lot, even the old turn-based ones, and he loves Pokémon style anime.
XC2 is a wonderful game, and updates have pretty much resolved the inconveniences that were its worst faults at launch. There's a lot to do and I think the combat remains fresh because of its moment-to-moment strategy and rewards for correctly timed inputs. 👍

If not for Torna: TGN and if I was less enthused about Smash, it would be a pretty disappointing E3 overall. Although I think part of it is how more companies than just Nintendo are communicating directly to the fans now, making E3 less of a priority. Fewer surprises, and more independent announcements. For example, if The Crew 2 was still further out and E3 was where we learned some of what we already know, I'd have that on my E3 list like Xbox fans have FH4 on theirs.

I'm interested in Daemon X Machina too. The producer and mech designer hail from the Armored Core series, and the inspiration is evident. It also reminded me of the Virtual-On series.

XC2 is a wonderful game, and updates have pretty much resolved the inconveniences that were its worst faults at launch. There's a lot to do and I think the combat remains fresh because of its moment-to-moment strategy and rewards for correctly timed inputs. 👍
Daemon looks fantastic. That slipped my mind for some reason. Just watched some gameplay from the treehouse and it looks like a well needed tune up for the AC series.

Back to current Switch talk...I picked up Hollow Knight from the shadow drop made during yesterday's conference (another highlight). So far, I'm very intrigued by this game. The art work is stunning and I can see myself getting proper into it if I really dedicate some time. :)

Daemon looks fantastic. That slipped my mind for some reason. Just watched some gameplay from the treehouse and it looks like a well needed tune up for the AC series.

Back to current Switch talk...I picked up Hollow Knight from the shadow drop made during yesterday's conference (another highlight). So far, I'm very intrigued by this game. The art work is stunning and I can see myself getting proper into it if I really dedicate some time. :)
Thanks for the tip on the DXM stream, for some reason I figured it was far enough out that the Direct clip was all we'd get. 👍 I didn't check the Treehouse schedule this year.

I'm also curious about Hollow Knight, so I'd like to read your thoughts later. :)

Never got into the Armored Core series, but Daemon x Machina looks incredibly badass. Fire Emblem Three Houses also looks great, handily meeting (if not exceeding) my expectations for a Switch Fire Emblem.

I'm not a Smash player though, and I still haven't gotten around to playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Or 1 & X, for that matter...), so the E3 presentation was a bit weak for me overall.

Daemon X Machina does look very good, now that I've seen some real gameplay in the Treehouse stream. Like an Armored Core game in which you can actually turn faster than a drugged sloth! :P Really, it's like Armored Core crossed with Zone of the Enders crossed with Xenoblade X. It's in the must-have category of my Switch watchlist now. As if there weren't enough games on there already:
  • Daemon X Machina
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • Hazelnut Bastille
  • Horizon Chase Turbo
  • Messenger, The
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Octopath Traveller
  • (Pokémon RPG 2019)
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion
  • Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  • (Yoshi for Switch)

Damn, Monolith Soft is really serious with the Land of Challenge in the latest XC2 update. After the fifth challenge kicked my ass for the seventh time, I realized -- duh :dunce: -- this must be an offering to the hardcore min-maxers out there. That's not how I play, but good for them. :) I'll still get what I want out of it, and maybe someday I'll conquer it all.

I must say, the Xenoblade 2 Expansion Pass has turned out to be an exceptionally generous package of DLC. I was ready to accept significantly less, happy simply to make my wallet-vote clear to Nintendo to keep publishing and localizing Xenoblade games. Torna: The Golden Nation alone is probably worth the price.

I could get used to this reinvigorated "fans first" ethos from Nintendo in general. It hasn't been this good to be a Nintendo fan since the SNES.

Back