NISM0_SKYLINE's Gallery: Random Stuff

I'm not the best with photoshop, that's why most my photos are as is, or just have some small contrast changes.

I always see this tower when we go out to see what's at the GM Tech Center, and everytime I see it I think Cold War. The area it's in and how old it looks always gives me the same feeling, so I took a picture and made it look how I think it should.....

5297632275_fc792e5a96_z.jpg

Not all that great, but I like photos with an older feel to them.

In Soviet Russia tower takes a picture of you!!!

Cool picture though, definitely has that retro feel to it.

Thank you, everytime we pass it I get the same feeling I'm in Russia, it's weird.

I've been to a few museums in the past week trying to fill my car needs, since January isn't really a big month for racing in Michigan. These two stuck out at me the most over all the other photos I took.

There's a Roush Racing museum about 40 minutes from my house, and free, so we check in on them regularly. They have about 6 or 7 Trans Am Mustangs from the '90s sitting together in the corner. I love the insides of race cars mostly because it's basic and nothing else, so I like to take pictures of the gauges and switches, the rest of the car is nice too though.

5320974647_cdfce27b88_z.jpg

We also went to the Chrysler Museum today, mostly to spy on the Chrysler themselves since that's where they have all the new cars and camo'd cars. In the basement was the Dodge Tomahawk, the motorcycle with the Viper V10. I think it's ugly and stupid, but the stainless steel finish and all the details is interesting.

5328628264_7b0bd52f02_z.jpg

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm bored. That's why I wrote all that stuff about two pictures. I'm just waiting for the racing season to get started again and the warm weather to come back to see cars more often 👍.

Last edited:
Back up in Northern Michigan to see the Rally America Sno*Drift event. Only went to four stages because of time and distance between, but still manages to get some shot. I'm on my laptop and it's a pain to go through all the photos to pick my favorites, but here's a couple to get it started. More will follow in the next few days, maybe even hours.

Duplessis Scion by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Krolikowski Subaru by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Audi by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Duplessis Scion Night by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Moyle STi Sideways by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just a small update. Not sure if anyone knows about the movie Jinn, but ere's a car in it called Firebreather. It's based off a Camaro and they are making a limited run of 50. With that, you get tickets to the premiere and some memorabilia from the movie. I was doing my normal car spotting run and stopped by a place that usually has special Corvettes, but this time it had one of the Firebreathers out front. I just wanted to get a photo to show it, but it came out pretty good and is one of my new favorites. At first I didn't like all the snow in front of it, but now it adds something to it.

Firebreather by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

It is pretty cool, not too sure if I like it or not, but I'd take it.

Since the Spring and Summer is coming, so are car shows and vacations. I got a new camera last November and the only lens I had for it was a 70-200mm. That wasn't going to cut it for the small amount of shows in the coming months. So I bought a 50mm and was pretty happy with it, but I want a lens that I don't need to have a fairly good distance me and the subject. I liked the 18-55mm on my Xs, but the whole EF-S and EF mount thing kills it. I mostly want to have a lens for my trip to California in May so I can get closer to the cars to avoid the crowds. I was looking at the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM as a possible new lens. Since it's one of the only EF lenses I can find that have a low zoom, I'm favoring it. Would it be a good lens to buy, or are there other off brand lenses that are just as good or better?

So it seems I've been running into a lot of Aston recently all over the place. I didn't really pay much attention to them before, other then the fact they were nice. I'm starting to get a little bit more of a feeling for them now. Here's some of my favorite photos of the Astons I've seen thus far in 2011 :D.

5540768376_f5061cf424_z.jpg

5587528748_c9d9c59871_z.jpg

5586937035_5c5490a44e_z.jpg

5586938089_da4b90bbf8_z.jpg

God DB7s are so hot. Cars always look fantastic just after it's rained IMO.

God DB7s are so hot. Cars always look fantastic just after it's rained IMO.

Yes, yes they are. They do look better with some rain on them, I wanted to get more shots, but we were somewhere that I don't think we were suppposed to be, so I cut out after a few shots :D.

Hello,

Nismo Vipers have V-10 engines not v-12's.

Wow, I have no idea how I got that one wrong, thanks.

That Rapide shot is great, love the composition and the tones. 👍

Thank you, it's been sitting there for a couple months and I never felt the motivation to actualy shoot it.

I feel this needs an update. Went to a local dragway today to check out the test and tune day. Being a little on the cold side, I didn't expect much, but it was pretty decent. The sun was on the other side of the strip and I could get to the good side so all these were into the sun :grumpy:.

5689052964_a8c1551706_z.jpg

5688482567_53cfc0d537_z.jpg

:D

5688483239_e97fde2735_z.jpg

5689054796_f4e191a2ba_z.jpg

5688484947_819abe8628_z.jpg

5688485519_f60a7b043d_z.jpg

I used to have a bunch of drag racing pictures. I had one just like your Nova shot, but I took it with my old cell phone, so it was much lower quality.

Makes me wish my graduation wasn't the same weekend as NHRA in OH. Oh well, more time to get a decent camera I guess.

Last edited:
Nice shots NISM0. Liking how the chrome in that Nova (?) reflecting off the light.

I used to have a bunch of drag racing pictures. I had one just like your Nova shot, but I took it with my old cell phone, so it was much lower quality.

Makes me wish my graduation wasn't the same weekend as NHRA in OH. Oh well, more time to get a decent camera I guess.

I just started getting into drag racing, it's awesome. Drag racing is awesome because of the panning shots, they always look cool no matter what the quality.

I'd pass the NHRA myself and go to the smaller events like test and tunes or no ET racing. It's more fun and coller cars, atleast that's how I feel, I love the grassroots/garage drag cars.

last shot of the nova is pretty awesome, Nismo!

Thanks! I figured you'd be a fan of the Nova. It's kinda blurry, but the black and white with a lot of contrast takes it away :lol:.

SVX
Nice shots NISM0. Liking how the chrome in that Nova (?) reflecting off the light.

Thanks! It's actually the roof, the car was really clean. That glare is the only reason I picked it, it looked too good to pass up.

I just started getting into drag racing, it's awesome. Drag racing is awesome because of the panning shots, they always look cool no matter what the quality.

I'd pass the NHRA myself and go to the smaller events like test and tunes or no ET racing. It's more fun and coller cars, atleast that's how I feel, I love the grassroots/garage drag cars.

If there were more test and tunes for sure. I've been to a few local events, but IMO nothing compares to the feeling of a top fuel car going down the track.

Oh yea, the feeling. That is something nothing else can come close to replicating. I haven't seen NHRA, but last year I saw some Funny Cars from the '70s, loudest thing I've ever heard and it was amazing.

Oh yea, the feeling. That is something nothing else can come close to replicating. I haven't seen NHRA, but last year I saw some Funny Cars from the '70s, loudest thing I've ever heard and it was amazing.

Yup, someone brought a 70's Traqns-Am funny car to a local event, and lit up the tires the whole 1/4. :scared: :dopey:

Went hopping through a couple cars shows/open houses and had a few shots I really liked.

This one is my favorite.

5719950866_ac53b2a526_z.jpg

5719949026_2f0932d954_z.jpg

5719386475_a92aab035f_z.jpg

Just some random shots from the past month.

Ferrari Racing Days.

5746492897_b2e32d59f0_z.jpg

5756635742_7f4dd11a12_z.jpg

5749364226_055b138981_z.jpg

Cars and Coffee

5777011701_66e422b58c_z.jpg

5768777466_60bf1586e4_z.jpg

5778491496_0ed9b91523_z.jpg

Random non-car shot :eek:

5757352728_e94b86acf0_z.jpg

My new favorite photo I've ever taken.

5763892048_918de8635b_b.jpg

A few guys at my other forum were at LS that weekend. One had his Scud in the Ferrari of SV parade thing.

It's amazing to see how quickly your photography is now progressing. It really has come on leaps and bounds recently, your most recent set really highlights this. Especially your static shots, they really do look great now!

Out of your most recent set the first image is superbly panned! As a bit of C&C on it I would perhaps be included to slightly offset the car to the right though the use of a crop, just to give it a slightly stronger composition. But I can't fault your technique!

Same thing with your last shot, sort out the composition and it would be superb! You really have come on recently, I need to check this thread more often! 👍

It's amazing to see how quickly your photography is now progressing. It really has come on leaps and bounds recently, your most recent set really highlights this. Especially your static shots, they really do look great now!

Out of your most recent set the first image is superbly panned! As a bit of C&C on it I would perhaps be included to slightly offset the car to the right though the use of a crop, just to give it a slightly stronger composition. But I can't fault your technique!

Same thing with your last shot, sort out the composition and it would be superb! You really have come on recently, I need to check this thread more often! 👍

Thank you. It seems to come and go when it comes to photography. I can go to 5 different shows and only get in the zone at one, but California does something to me I can't explain :lol:.

My composition skills aren't really my best traits, I've been trying to experiment. I don't do much with angles and offsets with racing shots, but I always see some, like yours, and realze I need to start trying a little more on that. I have a few races coming up so I'll definitely be trying that out.

The last one was a hurried shot. I had to swich my lenses and by the time I did that, we were side by side. Then I realized my camera was off so I only had time to shoot one shot. If I was ready, I'd of had 20 shots of that car, I'm bummed I didn't get more time to shot it. Thanks though, I'll try to keep it updated and start messing around with better composition 👍.

Back