Nissan Creates Gaming Chair Concepts for Nissan Fans

tenor.gif

Obligatory

The 'Armada' manages to simultaneously look too much and not enough like an Eames Lounge Chair and the 'GT-R Nismo' is just awful. The 'Leaf' is actually kind of decent.

Ultimate-esports-gaming-chairs-Nissan-Armada.jpg
vitra-eames-lounge-chair-ns-68-c_zoom.jpg

I'd get the Leaf chair, ngl. Would it be good for using with a wheel/pedal mount, hypothetically? Or, if I were indeed to get a wheel/pedal setup, would it better to get one of those larger setups that comes with a frame to mount the wheel/pedals, and a race car-like seat that doesn't have wheels on the legs?

EDIT: Looks like I may be better-off getting a rig from Playseat if I got a wheel/pedal, and maybe the Gran Turismo-labeled rig from them, with the mat and sliding seat adjuster. These Nissan seats could be good for other games, though.

Last edited:
I'd get the Leaf chair, ngl. Would it be good for using with a wheel/pedal mount, hypothetically? Or, if I were indeed to get a wheel/pedal setup, would it better to get one of those larger setups that comes with a frame to mount the wheel/pedals, and a race car-like seat that doesn't have wheels on the legs?

EDIT: Looks like I may be better-off getting a rig from Playseat if I got a wheel/pedal, and maybe the Gran Turismo-labeled rig from them, with the mat and sliding seat adjuster. These Nissan seats could be good for other games, though.
You will definitely be better off with a racing chair that is mounted to a frame than a chair with wheels because you'll be pushing yourself back all the time with your legs when you're working the pedals.

You will definitely be better off with a racing chair that is mounted to a frame than a chair with wheels because you'll be pushing yourself back all the time with your legs when you're working the pedals.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Is Playseat recommendable, though? I saw a link to their shop on the Logitech site, so...

Instead of designing chairs, how about designing new cars. The GTR is 10 years old, the 370Z is 12, and their midsize trucks have been unchanged since 2005. Stop fooling around Nissan!

The 'Armada' manages to simultaneously look too much and not enough like an Eames Lounge Chair and the 'GT-R Nismo' is just awful. The 'Leaf' is actually kind of decent.

Ultimate-esports-gaming-chairs-Nissan-Armada.jpg
vitra-eames-lounge-chair-ns-68-c_zoom.jpg

I think that if you overlay the two pictures you’ll find that Nissan just traced the Eames chair :lol:

Also, the GT-R Nismo chair looks more like a Lamborghini.

I think that if you overlay the two pictures you’ll find that Nissan just traced the Eames chair :lol:
I was thinking exactly that as I posted it...before I posted it, frankly, because I was sure I'd seen the Eames from a very similar angle and sought out an image to best display the similarities.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Is Playseat recommendable, though? I saw a link to their shop on the Logitech site, so...
I honestly have no clue since I never had a fancy rig myself. I just felt like I had to say that because when I bought my wheel I started playing on a regular office chair with wheels and it wasn't a pleasant experience at all. :lol:

They're gaming chairs (actually, they're "Esports Gaming Chairs"), not driving rig seats. The two esports teams Nissan has partnered with play Call of Duty (among others).

I allready understanding it whille reading the article and saw the pictures. But that is not the point. It's a missing chance for the great sitting and looking gaming chairs from a car manufacturer NISSAN. They are useless when you can't locked the wheel imo. Even with a controller and don't using my wheel it would be so much more useful when you could lock the wheels. 1 option is only use the chair without the ground parts and place it on a rig

I allready understanding it whille reading the article and saw the pictures. But that is not the point. It's a missing chance for the great sitting and looking gaming chairs from a car manufacturer NISSAN. They are useless when you can't locked the wheel imo. Even with a controller and don't using my wheel it would be so much more useful when you could lock the wheels. 1 option is only use the chair without the ground parts and place it on a rig
As they're only concept designs for now, we won't know if the finished product - if Nissan even makes one - will have lockable wheels or not...

Latest Posts

Back