Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
  • 153,267 views
Why is it called such in the first place? No need to be a smart aleck.
It has a similar engine, and they wanted the car to have a familiar name for marketing purposes.
 
GT-R is used for all their current motorsports efforts.
 
It's a testbed for future GTR technologies.
 
Why is this thing even called a GT-R anymore? This thing has no relation whatsoever.
- Front engine, AWD (at times) layout.
- Front air inlet shape is similar to the R35.
- Similar headlight design.
- Supposed to have the same quad round tail lights as the street car. They were there when it was testing in AZ, but not there in recent press photos. Not sure what's going on with that.
Is that a factory team in V8SC?
Ish. It's run by the Kelly brothers, but it's technically a factory backed outfit. Nissan gave them an extra boost in funds this year to speed up the winning efforts.
 
Thing is if you look at the VGT, the new Altima looks abit like it.....
 
You're probably talking about the new Maxima, and I still don't see it. But of course I've been around the new car a lot so I might see it differently than everyone else that has only seen photos.
 
added Krumm Mardenborough and Ordonez for Le mans 24hr ( im assuming this makes up the 3rd car)

now with GTR taillight design



Leader lights installed too.
 
The more I see of this, the more I love it!!!
 
image-jpg.308797
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 59
When will be available this car in GT6? Before 24h Le Mans?
We have no idea. It was not strictly said that it will arrive in GT6 but that it will be tied into gaming. It makes sense to assume GT6 will feature it seeing as GT/PD and Nissan are so close and that several GT Academy winners will be racing it.
 
so you can tell the difference between the cars
Yes I know that but why those colors in particular. Audi has had the different colored sidelights for the same purpose to my knowledge.
 
Back