Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
  • 153,404 views
Posted this in the motorsport section, but this is awesome-

nismo1-final-small.png


nismo2-i-1.png


link here- http://www.jamesgibsonphotography.co.uk/?p=562
 
........Looks like a R92C livery. That is sick (aka really cool, for those non-native English speakers).
That cabin do look cramped as well - anyone over 6 feet might struggle to get comfortable in there....:odd:
 
Better be careful with those nismo have been emailing site owners to get them removed.
 
Better be careful with those nismo have been emailing site owners to get them removed.
He talks about it on the site I linked to. Shouldnt be a problem if what he says is true.
 
THIS IS AWESOME.
Sadly, the fact is Mr. Gibson photoshoped pictures with which NISMO provided him.
Yes, I know. Still a great "what if" livery idea!
 
Does no one remember the R89C? :( Or the R88C... I wonder why they didn't go for a Calsonic sponsorship to run that livery.
 
Does no one remember the R89C? :( Or the R88C... I wonder why they didn't go for a Calsonic sponsorship to run that livery.
I actually prefer the look of the '89 to the '92 myself, especially without the enclosed rear wheels.

The '88 had Calsonic livery - or do you mean the new GTR LM? In the latter case, it's probably just a case of Calsonic Kansei not being a major sponsor now?
 
I meant the current GTR LM not having Calsonic sponsorship.

There's the team in Super GT running it:

1398310400_1402146765.jpg


I guess that might not be major enough?
 
I meant the current GTR LM not having Calsonic sponsorship.

There's the team in Super GT running it:

1398310400_1402146765.jpg


I guess that might not be major enough?
I think the difference is that Team Impul, who run that GTR, have Calsonic as a major sponsor and buy (?) chassis and engines from Nissan / NISMO. All American Racers are basically factory-funded by Nissan / NISMO to make and race the GTR LM.

Of course, I could be wrong, I dont really know what I'm talking about, if I'm honest. :P
 
If I recall, Team Impul is not a factory team. Impul itself is a aftermarket company that exclusively builds parts for Nissan Models.

As for Calsonic, its an automotive company. It happens to have a long relationship with Team Impul going all the way back to 1987.
 
Why are you posting that here? That has nothing to do with Gran Turismo.
 
Back