Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
image.jpg

The NISMO garage at Silverstone is open to everyone this weekend. Nice to see the car up close and get strapped in :)

They have a GT6 rig set up too, however it's using version 1.00 of the game, so no sneak peek at the in-game version I'm afraid.

View attachment 347648

The NISMO garage at Silverstone is open to everyone this weekend. Nice to see the car up close and get strapped in :)

They have a GT6 rig set up too, however it's using version 1.00 of the game, so no sneak peek at the in-game version I'm afraid.
You can tell thats a show car cuz it's using the same fanatec wheel that I own. :lol:What car was used on the GT6 rig though?

Anyone notice how for the first time, its now the "Nismo GT Academy"?

Considering all three of the leaked cars all are of Nismo relation somehow (The GT-Rs made by Nismo while the Engine in the P2 is built by Nismo), its all performance cars this time around unlike previous years.

Considering all three of the leaked cars all are of Nismo relation somehow (The GT-Rs made by Nismo while the Engine in the P2 is built by Nismo), its all performance cars this time around unlike previous years.
It's about time to be honest, I think all the Leaf/S15 Silvia, etc stuff was a waste of time.

It's about time to be honest, I think all the Leaf/S15 Silvia, etc stuff was a waste of time.

It still sticks out in my mind the one time when almost half of the cars were cars not even sold anymore :lol:

I don't have a problem with this move, just found it interesting given the status quo we've had the previous times.

Actually, it was labelled NISMO last year.
But I recall never knowing quite which title to use because from memory there was some conflict at times.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_3655268.html

Wow, did this thread wake up all of a sudden. Looks like Darren is pointing at a very close by release date. Then again, he may be speaking PDnglish (It's like English, except that the word "soon" does not have a specific time date, so it could be 20 years from now, for example), but it's interesting to hear those words. I hope it's related to this gap between the latest update and the future one...

...I remember seeing in one of the threads here - someone posted a Youtube vid of a mobile racing game (I think it was GTR something something) and the vid was of this very car, going 'round La Sarthe. And according to the poster, that game was set to receive this vehicle before GT6.

Dunno how much credence there it is, but if true, maybe "soon" was meant for that game...

Edit: Oh, I think it was a link provided in one of the status updates. For the life of me I can't seem to remember who's it was...:guilty:

Last edited:
...I remember seeing in one of the threads here - someone posted a Youtube vid of a mobile racing game (I think it was GTR something something) and the vid was of this very car, going 'round La Sarthe. And according to the poster, that game was set to receive this vehicle before GT6.

Dunno how much credence there it is, but if true, maybe "soon" was meant for that game...
It's a mod for GTR 2, a game released 9 years ago.

Ummm no, Mods are normally non profit creations by community members skilled enough for such a task.

...So it's not official, eh. Okay. Man, I got confused watching that vid...graphics were so....flat, I had to assume it was some sorta mobile racer.

All good now. 👍

It's FWD... so not that excited.
350mm wheels on the front
225mm wheels on the back
It is not going to handle like an FF hot-hatch if that is your worry. I imagine it will not be as sharp as the Toyota, Audi and Porsche but I have no real concern about it in that respect. Nissan have sufficient engineering nous and I am pretty confident it will not feel like a 1200hp FF car.

Well, there is electric motor in rear wheels with flywheel actually as energy storage for accelerate.
The GT-R LM Nismo this year is exclusively FWD. Next season will see Nissan go 4WD as was the original plan.

Back