Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
We'll probably have the GT-R LM '15 ;)

Smart Alec. :P

But the car running 2MJ and Front wheel drive for this year will be different to the one running next with (hopfully) 8MJ and 4WD so I'm curious to which we'll get.

But the car running 2MJ and Front wheel drive for this year will be different to the one running next with (hopfully) 8MJ and 4WD so I'm curious to which we'll get.

Well, since GT6 is a virtual world, it's not bounded by the technical niggles that have affected the car even since testing started, so it is possible that we could see the "true" (i.e. 8MJ, 4WD) GT-R LM ingame. Using a FWD layout for the ingame car, while unique, could cause some serious handling flaws if not done properly.

But then again, it's not like the previous GT Academy 2015 cars did not have understeer issues...

Last edited:
Well, since GT6 is a virtual world, it's not bounded by the technical niggles that have affected the car even since testing started, so it is possible that we could see the "true" (i.e. 8MJ, 4WD) GT-R LM ingame. Using a FWD layout for the ingame car, while unique, could cause some serious handling flaws if not done properly.

But then again, it's not like the previous GT Academy 2015 cars did not have understeer issues...
I'd honestly prefer this years configuration, for sure it's worth driving.
And btw i do not want to go thru the wishful thinking thing, but it's really possible that we get cota as new track to use the gtr lmp1 on, so the most adaptive racer can get good results in the last fraction of Gtacademy.
It just makes sense to me tbh; la sarthe is too much predictable

I doubt in the final round we will get the GTR LM Nismo, but everything speaks for it.But i doubt it.
And a new track highley unlikely. So either it will be Le Mans, Bathurst, Nordschleife in the final round
Anyway i would like to know how big was the last update wich added the GT academy in MB?

I doubt in the final round we will get the GTR LM Nismo, but everything speaks for it.
You must have missed the post that basically confirms we are getting it.
Well, since GT6 is a virtual world, it's not bounded by the technical niggles that have affected the car even since testing started, so it is possible that we could see the "true" (i.e. 8MJ, 4WD) GT-R LM ingame.
This is my guess.

I doubt in the final round we will get the GTR LM Nismo, but everything speaks for it.But i doubt it.
And a new track highley unlikely. So either it will be Le Mans, Bathurst, Nordschleife in the final round
Anyway i would like to know how big was the last update wich added the GT academy in MB?

There will be an update around 1st June ;)

Last update was 206MB

I'd honestly prefer this years configuration, for sure it's worth driving.
And btw i do not want to go thru the wishful thinking thing, but it's really possible that we get cota as new track to use the gtr lmp1 on, so the most adaptive racer can get good results in the last fraction of Gtacademy.
It just makes sense to me tbh; la sarthe is too much predictable

I see what you mean, but knowing PD, the chances of that setup working well for all players are rather slim. From that I heard, the standard setup for the Gibson (the LMP2 car) are a murder sentence for DS3 players; therefore, imagine how much of a nightmare a 1000-plus hp, FWD Le Mans prototype be if PD got the setup wrong. It wouldn't be a pleasing sight, for sure. But nevertheless, it would be curious to see how would the current FWD setup work ingame, I can say that much.

Also, while being wishful thinking, I'd say that a more likely candidate for "new circuit" would be Abu Dhabi; it is the place where the GT Academy finals will be held, after all. Of course, it is as wishful of a thought as yours, even if Le Mans is too predictable of a final venue, it does fit with the car's theme of a LMP prototype.

Laurence Wiltshire, the managing director of GT Academy had a radio interview on Monday and just said the GT-R LM Nismo will be the car used in the 4th round.

https://soundcloud.com/612abcbrisbane/steve-austin-the-new-sportspeople-professional-gamers

Mentions it at at the 13:30 mark.

So its pretty much confirmed now, no more of Darren Cox hiding around the famous "Soon" word, its coming without a doubt now. I look forward to June 2nd :D

I do have one question if it's true, which GTR LM Nismo are we getting?

It's a known fact that Nissan haven't been able to get the 4wd system working for this year, but at the same time it might be easier to make it work for a game.

But my real question is, are we getting this years GTR with Front Wheel Drive only or next years GTR with 4wd capability?

Pretty sure this year's just based on it the only available one to use. Also, it'll be the 23 car given its had the most exposure.

So its pretty much confirmed now, no more of Darren Cox hiding around the famous "Soon" word, its coming without a doubt now. I look forward to June 2nd :D

Pretty sure this year's just based on it the only available one to use. Also, it'll be the 23 car given its had the most exposure.
They should do all the numbers, it's just a livery.

Le Mans for sure

Source??.....for sure.

Also, I don't think the car was ever the question but more of which track, which, I don't believe for a minute that it will be Le Mans as nothing has even been suggested by anyone of importance to the fact. Pure speculation as far as I'm concerned.

I think that the track will be COTA given that it was the main track they tested the car on, and there was a strong Nissan/Granturismo presence there last year at the WEC race.

Yea, and just for the record, I'm speculating that it will be Abu Dhabi. :) Speculating that it will come in the promised update before the final round.

I still firmly Believe Le Mans. Sure COTA was the main track the car started testing at (with the Super bowl ad and all) and have a big GT Presence, sure Abu Dhabi is the new GT Academy Location (one that I'm personally not a fan of) but in the grand scheme of things, this P1 program centers around one race: The 24 Hours Of Le Mans. And once again, no track fits into the massive, multi-angle Marketing Hype Machine For Nissan's return like Circuit De La Sarthe will.

I still firmly Believe Le Mans. Sure COTA was the main track the car started testing at (with the Super bowl ad and all) and have a big GT Presence, sure Abu Dhabi is the new GT Academy Location (one that I'm personally not a fan of) but in the grand scheme of things, this P1 program centers around one race: The 24 Hours Of Le Mans. And once again, no track fits into the massive, multi-angle Marketing Hype Machine For Nissan's return like Circuit De La Sarthe will.

No need to explain yourself mate, you are just as entitled to your beliefs as I am mine. 👍 Its the people that say it with certainty that irritates me. As of right now, nobody is right or wrong, we'll just have to wait and see on that. :cheers:

Source??.....for sure.

Also, I don't think the car was ever the question but more of which track, which, I don't believe for a minute that it will be Le Mans as nothing has even been suggested by anyone of importance to the fact. Pure speculation as far as I'm concerned.
I have no source, just the most logical for me, as RACECAR said

Why would they have the car introduced (in gt academy) to a track they never tested or will race at? Thats why I feel Abu Dhabi is probably off the table. COTA also seems like a reach unless PD have been with Nissan there and did some secret laser scanning. Thats why Le Mans, or rather LaSarthe is most logical.

RD.1 was Silverstone where GTA was actually held, RD.2 was Brands Hatch where the GTR GT3 raced earlier this year, RD.3 was Spa Francorchamps where the wec (lmp2's) was 2 weeks ago. Follow the trend and RD.4 introduces the GTR LM at Le Mans on June 2. Just where it had its first public outing on the test day! And it being two weeks before the big race on the same track? What perfect timing and publicity! Its all too perfect a scenario.

It makes sense for it to be Circuit de la Sarthe as Nissan is building up to Le Mans and that programme features several GT Academy winners. The downside with Circuit de la Sarthe is that it is not a technical circuit so separating participants may be a little more difficult. I still cannot imagine it being anywhere else. Le Mans fever will be building so the publicity will be immense.

Once it's not Tsukuba or Willow Springs I don't mind!

I think the track for the final round will be either Le Mans or Circuit of the Americas (my favorite track).

Reason for Le Mans: Must I explain? LMP = Le Mans. Long story short.
Reason for Circuit of the Americas: It's where they first tested the car and filmed the Super Bowl XLIX commercial for the GTR LM Nismo. Also I heard in here that Nissan and the PD team were at Circuit of the Americas during the 6 Hour race. Maybe they did secret laser scanning during the testing behind our backs.

We'll just have to wait and see! :bowdown:;)

Back