Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
Wasn't COTA leaked as in development for GT?

Maybe they are filming the Super Bowl commercial... to debut with COTA and the Nissan LMP1 in GT6.
If you can't find a source for any "leak"... there's a great chance that it never was a thing to begin with.

Ive never heard of any rumor of COTA being associated with GT. Its a cool track though. Nissan invited me out last summer to for an event out there and I drove a couple GTRs and a 370z on track and the facility is amazing. so would love to see it in game

Looking at that "sneak" photo, i still don't know whether i like it or not but i want to see how it'll do against other cars.

If you can't find a source for any "leak"... there's a great chance that it never was a thing to begin with.

i1eDE7Swk1jmpEc.jpg

So, a car GM designed, with a COTA map that GM placed in that image, and you think it's a leak for inclusion in the game?

Oh boy...
Concept art from a third-party company should not be viewed as an indication of such content. As far as GM is involved it has nothing to do with GT's content and would not be informed of new circuits coming to the series.

Last edited:
Why are we talking about this here?
Why are we talking about it full stop?

Anyway, I'm quite surprised there aren't any videos of it. Would have thought that would be one of the things people wanted.

Why are we talking about this here?

Who knows, all I know is that it is very unlikely that COTA will appear in GT6, only the car that is running on it.

Speaking of the leaked GT-R LM photo (why no videos? Did Nissan shoot the photographer before he could upload one?), it is hard to tell much more than a red blur, but it looks front-engined to me. That front end looks longer than most current LMP cars. Then again, maybe not, but that's a question only Nissan can answer when Super Bowl comes.

Looks like it does indeed have a front positioned engine. It is hard to tell but if you look at it quite closely, the cockpit looks a fairway back to the front of the car. If the car was rear engined, the cockpit would be positioned a bit further forwards and there would be more space behind the cockpit and vice versa.

But the photo has been taken on an angle so it could just be an illusion.

I missed that GT-R LM NISMO photo because the mobile site is failing to show page 5. How come leaked photos are always on a crap camera or uploaded in rubbish quality. It's 2015 people!

Despite the blurred photo and the fence blocking some of the car, it looks front-engined. The base of the windscreen is significantly further back than it's rivals which are virtually in-line with the front wheel.

Hopefully Nissan keep a predominantly red livery so as to differentiate the car further from the white of Porsche and Audi.

I don't remember any rumour about COTA and GT doing it's rounds. It is a circuit I would love to see though in GT7.

Last edited:
I missed that GT-R LMP NISMO photo because the mobile site is failing to show page 5. How come leaked photos are always on a crap camera or uploaded in rubbish quality. It's 2015 people!

Despite the blurred photo and the fence blocking some of the car, it looks front-engined. The base of the windscreen is significantly further back than it's rivals which are virtually in-line with the front wheel.

Hopefully Nissan keep a predominantly red livery so as to differentiate the car further from the white of Porsche and Audi.

I don't remember any rumour about COTA and GT doing it's rounds. It is a circuit I would love to see though in GT7.
There was a very strong presence of Granturismo at last years WEC race there though, nissan had a complete GT6 simulator set up, with big GT flags at the Nissan booth. So you never know they may have already scanned the circuit.

PICTURE LEAKED! (filmed with potato ;) )
10386290_339647776236553_3296771081725571830_n.jpg

edit: i think this has been already talked about... i was just euphorical as i can't wait any longer!!!

It looks very similar, more so in the first photo, to the Jalopnik sketch which was based on reports from people who had seen the car. The real thing does not appear as frightened as the render does... Looks a little scared.

I am really excited to see the real thing on Nissan GT-R LM NISMO weekend, or as some are calling it, Super Bowl weekend.
;)

mrpxjb8rxnjf75o7j1jg.jpg

I hope you are correct @fortbo although I don't see it happening at this stage in the GT6 lifecycle. I'm happy to be proved wrong though.
I just found it odd seeing the large Granturismo presence at the WEC race at COTA but they had trial mountain running on the nissan simulator. Maybe next this year they'll have the GTR LM Nismo at COTA running on the simulator.

Latest Posts

Back