Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
He also confirmed that it is in the 2mj energy class while they were originally targeting 8 so it's rumoured mighty top speed may not be seen this year. Still should be fun to see.

The GTR this year in my hands:
1305890264_formula_1_meme_faces.gif

hsv
In pretty much every interview Darren's done for the past 2 months. They couldn't get the power to deploy to the rear wheels properly.
That's a shame, I was really looking forward to such a different AWD setup but I guess it's better to opt out of a plan they're not 100% on yet. Still will be great to see get amongst it and see how the FWD will still work out, I just love the sound of the thing.

Something around 330, and I think that's too much
The current cars do 340+... if Nissan is all about straight line speed and in-game has awd with '8mj' 350kmh shouldnt be a problem. If its only '2mj' fwd, like in real life, 330 seems appropriate.

The current cars do 340+... if Nissan is all about straight line speed and in-game has awd with '8mj' 350kmh shouldnt be a problem. If its only '2mj' fwd, like in real life, 330 seems appropriate.
I don't understand how modern LMP's with 1000+hp are slower than some older LMP's... From wiki:
"The Toyota GT-One Race Car topped the speed trap results during practice for Le Mans 1999 when the car of Martin Brundle, Emmanuel Collard, and Vincenzo Sospiri was clocked at 351 km/h (217.6 mph).[2] Its actual top speed (with low downforce, as it was set up for Le Mans 1999) is somewhere around 380 km/h (236.13 mph)" So car with 600hp made same top speed and even bigger than modern LMPs... :confused:

Because modern cars are about downforce. Just compare the lap times. They are faster even though there are 2 chicanes on the mulsanne straight. If they would run with similar downforce and without energy-restrictions they could easily reach 380-400 km/h. The Audi is rumored to hit nearly 360 km/h at Monza a few weeks ago.

I don't understand how modern LMP's with 1000+hp are slower than some older LMP's... From wiki:
"The Toyota GT-One Race Car topped the speed trap results during practice for Le Mans 1999 when the car of Martin Brundle, Emmanuel Collard, and Vincenzo Sospiri was clocked at 351 km/h (217.6 mph).[2] Its actual top speed (with low downforce, as it was set up for Le Mans 1999) is somewhere around 380 km/h (236.13 mph)" So car with 600hp made same top speed and even bigger than modern LMPs... :confused:
Because regs, aero restrictions etc. When they say low downforce, the TS020s were trimmed out to the max.

hsv
Because regs, aero restrictions etc. When they say low downforce, the TS020s were trimmed out to the max.
I know that rules are not same and aero. But simple this car have 400+hp less and same weight or almost same... Thanks again on answer :)

I know that rules are not same and aero. But simple this car have 400+hp less and same weight or almost same... Thanks again on answer :)
The modern cars have a hybrid system as you may know

But this system doesn't work all the time only when they push the button called "Hart attack" ( lol just kidding) this system will give them around 400 to 600 hp

The older cars didn't have that (obviously) that is what's makes the difference

And that ^, it is worth noting that current LMP1s aren't running to their full potential.

He also confirmed that it is in the 2mj energy class while they were originally targeting 8 so it's rumoured mighty top speed may not be seen this year. Still should be fun to see.

hsv
Sending 8MJ through the front wheels would be a bad, bad idea.

Why the use of Megajoule? That's a measure of energy, not force or power.
I mean, you could easily send 8MJ through the front wheels by letting the car cover a long distance, or run for a long period of time. So what exactly does 8MJ or 2MJ mean?

It's a measure of how much energy you have to use. You can deploy it any way you want. The Nissan was supposed to have 8MJ in 3 second bursts. You can see why that isn't suitable for being put through the front wheels.

I do have one question if it's true, which GTR LM Nismo are we getting?

It's a known fact that Nissan haven't been able to get the 4wd system working for this year, but at the same time it might be easier to make it work for a game.

But my real question is, are we getting this years GTR with Front Wheel Drive only or next years GTR with 4wd capability?

I do have one question if it's true, which GTR LM Nismo are we getting?

It's a known fact that Nissan haven't been able to get the 4wd system working for this year, but at the same time it might be easier to make it work for a game.

But my real question is, are we getting this years GTR with Front Wheel Drive only or next years GTR with 4wd capability?

We'll probably have the GT-R LM '15 ;)

Back