No aero mods for certain cars?

Is there a reason why I can't upgrade the visuals on certain cars? For example, I wanted to make a drift car out of a Mustang GT, but I can't select visual upgrades. Does anyone know why?

You can't change the looks of most upper market cars, like the Ferraris and Porsches, Dodge Vipers and the Mustang GT. The only stuff you can change the look with is Japanese imports basically.

Revheadnz
You can't change the looks of most upper market cars, like the Ferraris and Porsches, Dodge Vipers and the Mustang GT. The only stuff you can change the look with is Japanese imports basically.

Yeah I came to that conclusion also. It seems like most of the kits are from real companies so that makes sense, I guess.

I think the reason is because there is no body kits for the cars that they dont have them for. the body kits in the game are name brand and are real. so i think thats why there is not kits for high end cars and some other ones. Just because the dont make them.

There are kits for Vipers and Ferraris in the real world.

A good one for the Viper is Henessey, and there are quite a few like Hamann who modify Ferraris external areas as well as internal.

I guess Microsoft didn't get the licenses for them.

Well the henessey viper is in the game. Some cars already have kits on them. and thats why you cant buy the kit. Like the new civic type r hatch. you cant get a wings west kit for the regular one, but there is a wings west civic that you can unlock.With the ferraris, who would want a body kit on such a nice car..

I wish I could get body mods for the Trueno, give it a nice, subtle TRD kit. It'd look much meaner, especially since my one needs looks to complement the 348kw it has. Thank the lord for the 3SGTE.

I think it would be cool that maybe on the next gen racing games that you can pick up a magazine at a store and pick cars out of the magazine and make them exactly the same in the game. Body kit and everything. If this game had more of a wheel selection and stickers you could come very close.

mikeheikesr
Well the henessey viper is in the game. Some cars already have kits on them. and thats why you cant buy the kit. Like the new civic type r hatch. you cant get a wings west kit for the regular one, but there is a wings west civic that you can unlock.With the ferraris, who would want a body kit on such a nice car..

VeilSide (Yokomaku) makes plenty of aerokits for Ferarri's, Lamborghini's, Bentley's, and other high-end cars. These are aero-kits, not body-kits. These are like $20,000+, and that's for a 360 Modena. I'd hate to see what those cost for a Gallardo or Murcielago. A Bentley, even.

And I know Hamann has a "Laguna Seca II" body kit for the M5/M3 (not sure which) and there's one for the 7 series I think, that costs about $40,000.

Veilside made an absolute abonishment (I think that's the word I'm looking for) of the modern Ferraris, namely the 575. Hamann also did a terrible job. HOWEVER, I think Novitec's kit for the 360 is undeniably sexy and I want one very much. Justs costs a bit too much :(

There are tons of cars in this game that should have kits available that I really want... I was hoping to try and make a homemade C6R by swapping in an LS7 and some LM-spec body parts like I did for my NSX. :(

The Porsches are the cars with the most bodykits in real life with none in Forza, which is a shame but not a real big deal.

As far as I can remember no car that is cat A or higher can have a body kit or even a wing added (not too sure though). There are other cars below cat A this applies to as well. I guess the reason was to keep the Ferraris, Porsches etc as close to the real thing as possible. Either that or Porsche and/or Ferrari (or others) said "No"!

Although there are body kits for car that they dont have in the game..... How many cars have body kits in gran turismo 4???

And you attempt to turn thins into yet another Forza v GT4 debate for what reason?

iceburns288
Veilside made an absolute abonishment (I think that's the word I'm looking for) of the modern Ferraris, namely the 575. Hamann also did a terrible job. HOWEVER, I think Novitec's kit for the 360 is undeniably sexy and I want one very much. Justs costs a bit too much :(

You're joking right?

The Novitec kit is one of the most god awful exterior mods you can do to a 360.

It's rear end is an abomination to the prancing pony.
The Spoiler is a complete joke.
the front fascia looks like a 3 y/o saw a real 360 and tried to draw it then they developed the drawing.
And those side skirts...Why even BOTHER?

If you want a nice 360 kit go with imola or go home.

Back