No SRF Friends Group (link to list in OP)

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by backnfourth, Feb 13, 2014.

1. backnfourth

backnfourth

*List of PSN IDs compiled by ZuluWraith

So I do the seasonals without SRF and ranking wise that puts me always in the thousands. I'm not super fast by any means but I like with this most recent round of seasonals (HEP G37, Rocket, and Evo Rally) I am actually interested in repeating them to improve my time. But, I have no plans on switching that SRF switch to ON. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a NO SRF/NO AIDS (except ABS 1) friends group for the seasonals so we can have some competition without the magical hand of SRF.
    Like I said, I'm not super skilled by any means so driver's of all skill levels are welcome.
    Go ahead and send a friend request if you would like some non SRF seasonal competition.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Shahar, RoeszaGT, ilias420 and 17 others like this.
  2. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

My friends list is full, thanks guys. I started turning my focus to WRS so these days I just get my gold and move on.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Crozzlow likes this.
  3. phil_75

phil_75

Add me, phil_75 :-)

Crozzlow likes this.
  4. backnfourth

backnfourth

It's nice to see there are at least a few NON SRFers out there. I'm trying to get better overall with my driving skill (a bit a tuning too) and using SRF I think is counterproductive. It would be nice if PD let you sort the rankings based on SRF and aids used in general.

5. dc1

dc1

dczaq429

Crozzlow likes this.
  6. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

I'm in.

:tup:

<------PSN ID

Crozzlow likes this.
  7. GTP_DeathStar

GTP_DeathStar (Banned)

PD needs two leaderboards...one with SRF and one without. :idea: I like that they decided to let people use SRF for the Seasonal Time Trials because it lets the lower skilled drivers get higher on the board, but I'm surprised how many top drivers actually use it. :confused: I wonder where those guys would be if they turned it off. Well, it makes it better/worse for the non-SRF guys who are sprinkled in the top 100+ knowing they could have more integrity than everyone above them :sly: but sucks that they aren't number one (if they want that kind of thing :dopey:).

Please stop sending me non-SRF requests.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  8. Dusty1990

Dusty1990

I agree, two leaderboards would be great, problem is you'd just have the 'top guys' running two accounts and the likes of me and you would still be along way south.....

I've looked @ the leaderboards in the current suzuka TT, theres only 3 drivers above me not using SRF, the quickest is less than a second quicker than myself and he's using a wheel, kind of proves the aliens nearly all use SRF, suppose thats WHY they are the best, they compete with guys of a similar ability who naturally will use whatever assists are available.

Crozzlow likes this.
  9. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

They'd be in the same place, only without SRF, just like they were before SRF was forced allowed. They are the fastest that's why they are on top in every car/track/pp/tire/aids combination. That won't change. What will change if you remove SRF is you won't have Need for Speed quality physics because that's what SRF is, in the Time Trials. Makes no sense to me to put all this effort into making beautiful driving cars which PD has done, and then throw the invisible magic hand on them in TT's. Dumb move on their part. :tdown::tdown:

10. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

And that will also then eliminate the high placed players who are only in such high places on the Leader board because of it's advantage, and by that I mean most of those that do not have any sense of throttle control [or any other such cornering skills] and could not make a clean gold lap without it.

phil_75 and Crozzlow like this.
  11. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Anyone at the top of the leaderboard is there because they can drive not because of SRF. I can't speak for everyone of course but the regular top 50 is generally the same people it was before SRF was on the leaderboards. It takes skill to drive fast with SRF just like it takes skill to drive without it that isn't the point. The difference is without it you are using the physic engine as it was designed in GT with it's lower limits and less forgiveness, and with SRF it throws out the physics and introduces Mario Kart mode, which IMO, hardly belongs in the "real driving simulator".

12. SilverFire

SilverFire (Banned)

Add me if you like. Just make sure I know who it is. I get random FR's everyday for some reason. :)

Crozzlow likes this.
  13. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

I know this, of course....

I was merely referring to people that may have reached the 500-5000 mark that would otherwise always be on the wrong side of the 10,000 mark without the helping hand, if they could manage a clean lap that is.

14. Dusty1990

Dusty1990

I don't agree totally with that one johnny, you still have to drive in the same manner, you simply have more 'grip'.

Crozzlow and KOGSoldier like this.
  15. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

It enables a more aggressive drive from a car that would normally just lose control with such inputs, I would say it is more kart mode than car mode.

Crozzlow and Ridox2JZGTE like this.
  16. wormy09

wormy09

I'm totally in!
    PSN - wormy2012

Crozzlow likes this.
  17. Dusty1990

Dusty1990

That Jag @ rome didn't feel like a cart with SRF on I can assure you... was still a handful. Rightly or wrongly I used exactly the same setup/tune when running with and without it and you know where I finished. I didn't turn it on and think "OK, different game now, goto mario cart mindset.

You seem to have a real 'hate' for SRF and yet you've clearly put in a ton of time on those licenses, ALL with SRF if I'm not mistaken?

Crozzlow likes this.
  18. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

I don't hate it, It's just my preferred choice not to use it and I just wish, like many others, that it was not included [forced off] in the more serious and competitive parts of the game like License's & Time Trials.

And I have also made runs on all TT's after registration closure with SRF on just to see/feel the comparisons and most of the time I did have to tune the cars a little differently in order to get the most out of what SRF seems to apply to the car.

Crozzlow likes this.
  19. backnfourth

backnfourth

I don't use SRF when I play any other modes so I don't see how it helps me get any better by using it during the time trials. I know I'm not going to be a top driver but I want to improve. Part of the fun for me is learning about tuning and driving new cars. It is sort of a pride factor that I don't have to put racing tires on a 600PP super car to get it around the track in one piece. To each his own though and I've got no problem with people playing however they want to play.

20. Ryk

Ryk

L.Skywalker : You don't believe in the Skid Reduction Force, do you?

H.Solo : Kid, I've driven from one side of the Nurburgring to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Skid Reduction Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

---
    Count me in.

21. Daniel Pinho

Daniel Pinho

What is SRF? :lol:
    I'm in!

Crozzlow and super_gt like this.
  22. bssmu

bssmu

Count me in
    PSN ID = bssmu

Crozzlow likes this.
  23. Sum1s2pid

Sum1s2pid

Charlie don't SRF!

[​IMG]

Always looking for more blue lines. Toss an add my way.

Crozzlow and Ryk like this.
  24. super_gt

super_gt

Next time we should do similar thread:
    LCC Rocket Super Lap,Lap times with SRF OFF
    And we can make ranking list.

Crozzlow and backnfourth like this.
  25. Damon Hill

Damon Hill

i'm in too, with the next seasonal event we can make our own ranking list :cheers:

On the actual one, High End Performance G37 Super Lap, i managed to lap a decent 1.10.8...something can't remember it now, i'm pretty happy about it. All off except ABS 1.

Btw add me on PSN and i'll add some of you when i will turn on my ps3 ( sadly it's a rare occasion lately )

:cheers:

Crozzlow, super_gt and backnfourth like this.
  26. backnfourth

backnfourth

I was thinking the same sort of thing if enough people responded. That way non SRFers can post their times and share tunes amd what not.

Crozzlow and super_gt like this.
  27. Dusty1990

Dusty1990

[quote="nowcontrol, post: 9360800, member: 232413"
    And I have also made runs on all TT's after registration closure with SRF on just to see/feel the comparisons and most of the time I did have to tune the cars a little differently in order to get the most out of what SRF seems to apply to the car.[/quote]

Why do that when you've already run another TAG with SRF turned on?

Struggling to beat my 2:05'4 without SRF, need a different tune I think, if that doesn't work may have to go against my principles and revert to chase cam :censored:

Crozzlow likes this.
  28. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

You have to manually record the times. Once a time is laid down, you can only record a new time if you beat it, regardless of which aids you use.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I will:cool: If you had more grip, you wouldn't be chucking the car sideways like a rally car, you'd be driving as if you had on SM's or SS's in the Rocket Trial for example. As you know I'm sure, driving the Rocket or any other car with one or two tire grades higher does not feel anything like SRF. You'd are faster with better tires, but you wouldn't be sideways rallying style for half the lap like you are with SRF. SRF throws out the usual limits of physics in GT and you can simply slide the car around every corner much faster than without it. More grip is a completely different thing IMO.

I'd like to see someone throw together a ranking of non-SRF users the way @Milouse did for all users in GT5, but it's a lot of work for little reward.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  29. Lewis_Hamilton_

Lewis_Hamilton_

Agreeing with Johnny here, there is more "grip" but SRF changes the way the grip works. With SRF on, you can purposely overdrive the car to get the SRF to kick in and gain an advantage. Like Johnnypenso said, throw the car into turns and drive it aggressively, where the car would normally plough into a corner, it instead gains front end grip.

In rear wheel drive cars, you can mash the throttle much more and much earlier, don't worry about some slip angle or a little powerslide, the SRF will deal with that for you and you won't lose speed. In an FF car, you can set the rear to be ridiculously loose and it will follow the front end perfectly, which also helps to keep the SRF working as much as possible. In other words, on SH tires you can take long curves at SS tire speeds, causing the outside tires to overheat and smoke constantly with zero negative effect and is a sizeable advantage over not using SRF.

Your driving style and even car setup should be different when switching between SRF on and off, it's not just "more grip".

phil_75, Crozzlow and Ridox2JZGTE like this.
  30. Dusty1990

Dusty1990

When i turn SRF back on its like I'm racing on a different planet, one with more gravity, I quickly get to grips (no pun intended) with the new style needed to compete, I don't feel as though I'm playing a simulator and then an arcade racer with **** physics... it still feels, to me, like I'm playing GT6.

Crozzlow likes this.