No SRF Friends Group (link to list in OP)

Count me in. Haven't tried SRF yet. Don't know if I will...hours and days and weeks trying to lower my lap time(lotus '96 brands Hatch)and than I read somewhere that with SRF one can lap at least 2.5-2 secs quicker. Didn't sound right to me...instead what would I not give for a playseat with four point harness and a steering wheel(500RS or G27)....anyone using those?

So I do the seasonals without SRF and ranking wise that puts me always in the thousands. I'm not super fast by any means but I like with this most recent round of seasonals (HEP G37, Rocket, and Evo Rally) I am actually interested in repeating them to improve my time. But, I have no plans on switching that SRF switch to ON. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a NO SRF/NO AIDS (except ABS 1) friends group for the seasonals so we can have some competition without the magical hand of SRF.
Like I said, I'm not super skilled by any means so driver's of all skill levels are welcome.
Go ahead and send a friend request if you would like some non SRF seasonal competition.
How do we do this and separate our SRF friends from Non SRF? Do you just try to be at the top of our NonSRF group....?

Well I didn't do too much other than get gold with the last round of seasonals. But this new set has peaked my interest. Good luck all you nonSRFers! :cheers:

How do we do this and separate our SRF friends from Non SRF? Do you just try to be at the top of our NonSRF group....?

You can see if they used srf when you click on their time in online records. I have only friends from this thread, so its pretty easy for me. These guys are FAST without the srf, I do my best to stay in the middle of the pack.

Wheel user, no SRF here or any other aids such as TC etc, 0 ABS.
...and I also use a manual clutch and transmission when real car has one.

< PSN - 900° Wheel users only please. :)

Last edited:
All right NoSrfers....Friend me. Remember , if you run a lap on seasonal's or license tests, etc on SRF it is locked in. The only way to wipe it is to beat it without those settings...

Didn't sound right to me...instead what would I not give for a playseat with four point harness and a steering wheel(500RS or G27)....anyone using those?

4-point harness :drool:, ...500RS user here, see link in my signature.

Last edited:
So I do the seasonals without SRF and ranking wise that puts me always in the thousands. I'm not super fast by any means but I like with this most recent round of seasonals (HEP G37, Rocket, and Evo Rally) I am actually interested in repeating them to improve my time. But, I have no plans on switching that SRF switch to ON. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a NO SRF/NO AIDS (except ABS 1) friends group for the seasonals so we can have some competition without the magical hand of SRF.
Like I said, I'm not super skilled by any means so driver's of all skill levels are welcome.
Go ahead and send a friend request if you would like some non SRF seasonal competition.

I love this idea! With the seasonal TT's, i have been trying in the first week without SRF, TC, and with ABS set to 1. I generally spend the first week with those (my preferred settings) and then to get the better ranking I will turn on SRF and have a go. That said, if there were a group of drivers who would agree to this, I would be elated to actually see where I and my tuning abilities compare to others with the same settings.

I am also, not the most skilled driver, but I would thoroughly enjoy this group.

Please add me JHKnight427

Thanks!

I'll add a couple more of you folks in the afternoon. Hopefully I'll also have sorted out the first and last corners at Cape Ring to edge closer to backslashnfourth before the weekend is up, as well as shaving at least a tenth off of Brands Hatch and Tsukuba -- already pretty close to hitting my wall with this series.

I'll add a couple more of you folks in the afternoon. Hopefully I'll also have sorted out the first and last corners at Cape Ring to edge closer to backslashnfourth before the weekend is up, as well as shaving at least a tenth off of Brands Hatch and Tsukuba -- already pretty close to hitting my wall with this series.

Very nice times and lines by you. :cheers:

Be nice when we actually get some races/TTs, playing GT6 for 1 maybe 2 hours every fortnight and having to make our own fun is the state this game is in.
Only competing against you guys stops me giving up on the game altogether!

Thanks! It's getting tough keeping pace with the DS3 users -- I get anxious and overload my front tires, pushing wide at times... especially with the Clio. 👍

Yes, some of the fastest people on my FR leader board are also guys with DS3s.
That's why I posted this:
< PSN - 900° Wheel users only please. :)

No alien here, and most of the time I use the TH8 RS if real car has manual trans.

I requested everyone above this post. Thanks to BacknFourth for OP! I can see I have my work cut out for myself!! NoSRFers!

Roger that! 👍 👍

Thanks for the FR requests received, and accepted requests sent... :cheers:
I now have an FR leader board populated with non-SRF 900° wheel users. :)

iugJKGUITuituGJb

Got a personal best with the Miata, but forgot to disable ABS, because my name. :dunce:

Hmm, a 0.030? I'll take it!

Last edited:
iugJKGUITuituGJb

Got a personal best with the Miata, but forgot to disable ABS, because my name. :dunce:

Hmm, a 0.030? I'll take it!

Do you generally run no ABS? If so, do you have any recommendations on settings? I imagine they would be dependent on each individual car. I assumed the brake simulation was still off like in GT5!

Do you generally run no ABS? If so, do you have any recommendations on settings? I imagine they would be dependent on each individual car. I assumed the brake simulation was still off like in GT5!

I've seen some great times with guys running without abs but they all seem to use a wheel and pedals, I've practically given up running abs off with my controller, simply can't compete no matter what.

I've seen some great times with guys running without abs but they all seem to use a wheel and pedals, I've practically given up running abs off with my controller, simply can't compete no matter what.
That's fantastic, I'm going to try! I LOVE the braking game, I was always sad with GT5 when my hand was forced with ABS.

EDIT: Though, that would be terrible Dusty1990, not being able to keep up with the wheel guys due to the controller's shortcomings. You are so fast, however, that you make Speedy Gonzales look like Regular Gonzales, so that's something.

The braking feels less wrong than in GT5.

But yeah, unless it's a time trial car where I cannot adjust the brake bias -- and the default 5 ~ 5 is far from ideal -- then I run with no ABS. Not only do the cars come alive, but so do the tracks. Bumps you never even sneezed at before suddenly want to kill you.

I'm far from pro, so there's a lot of trial and error involved -- which makes car specific settings hard to recommend. A lot depends on your pedals, the track (Bumpy? Smooth? Tight?), the car (FF? MR?), its tires, whether or not you upgraded to racing brakes, and your driving style.

As a jumping off point, I generally set the front brakes to barely start to lock at around 75% pressure for threshold braking, and adjust the rear brakes so that the car is stable, but I can still bring the rear out when trail braking.

For the time trials, the Miata I used (1800 RS '04) had the brake balance set to 5 ~ 4, Diablo GT2: 3 ~ 1, Tesla Roadster: 3 ~ 3, and XNR Ghia: 4 ~ 3. None of these cars had the racing brakes upgrade, and the Tesla was the only one where I downgraded the tires (CS from SH).

In case you missed it, there's great input from
FordMKIVJ5 and amar212 here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/guide-so-you-want-to-drive-without-abs-please-read-op.267564/

The braking feels less wrong than in GT5.

But yeah, unless it's a time trial car where I cannot adjust the brake bias -- and the default 5 ~ 5 is far from ideal -- then I run with no ABS. Not only do the cars come alive, but so do the tracks. Bumps you never even sneezed at before suddenly want to kill you.

I'm far from pro, so there's a lot of trial and error involved -- which makes car specific settings hard to recommend. A lot depends on your pedals, the track (Bumpy? Smooth? Tight?), the car (FF? MR?), its tires, whether or not you upgraded to racing brakes, and your driving style.

As a jumping off point, I generally set the front brakes to barely start to lock at around 75% pressure for threshold braking, and adjust the rear brakes so that the car is stable, but I can still bring the rear out when trail braking.

For the time trials, the Miata I used (1800 RS '04) had the brake balance set to 5 ~ 4, Diablo GT2: 3 ~ 1, Tesla Roadster: 3 ~ 3, and XNR Ghia: 4 ~ 3. None of these cars had the racing brakes upgrade, and the Tesla was the only one where I downgraded the tires (CS from SH).

In case you missed it, there's great input from
FordMKIVJ5 and amar212 here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/guide-so-you-want-to-drive-without-abs-please-read-op.267564/
Tesla is faster with racing brakes and BB front 8 rear 9

Alright I went through and added pretty much everyone. The Tesla was giving me headaches, I didn't even realize it was a wet track for a solid 10 laps. I'm an idiot. I've been working on a miata tune. Hoping I can 1:30.... maybe 1:29??? See you on the track!

Back