No SRF Friends Group (link to list in OP)

Geez that Chaparral took me some getting used to get Gold. If you only drive normal cars everyday IRL you'll start build bad habit of looking too close ahead - that's what you do normally, watch out for curbs, pedestrians, cyclists on the road. Going at 400kmh on circuit, that won't help! So after 15 laps of mid 46s, I started to look far ahead as possible, look for the horizon almost. Then magically I started to lap 1.5s quicker. Interesting car, all 4 wheels can concentrate on cornering only (and on braking), no wearing from traction. But no gearbox just doesn't interest me to go back for more...
I got used to the gearbox after a while, but I really don't care that much for the car. Too unrealistic and the fact that it doesn't make any engine sound really put me off.
A bit disappointed, to be honest...

I got used to the gearbox after a while, but I really don't care that much for the car. Too unrealistic and the fact that it doesn't make any engine sound really put me off.

Did you notice a massive liftoff understeer? I couldn't figure out why it did so I thought this car must be part fan-car, that I had to give a throttle for it to suck to the ground, like 2012 RBR's blown diffuser. So I tried to drive with throttle fully on throughout, with loads more leftfoot braking on corners... Didn't work.lol

OTOH, that Big Willow event, really struggled to get a clean lap in. If your car starts to push its front while cornering, then if you lift off throttle even tiny bit that's a guaranteed way to send your car fly through the ditch...:indiff:

Did you notice a massive liftoff understeer? I couldn't figure out why it did so I thought this car must be part fan-car, that I had to give a throttle for it to suck to the ground, like 2012 RBR's blown diffuser. So I tried to drive with throttle fully on throughout, with loads more leftfoot braking on corners... Didn't work.lol

OTOH, that Big Willow event, really struggled to get a clean lap in. If your car starts to push its front while cornering, then if you lift off throttle even tiny bit that's a guaranteed way to send your car fly through the ditch...:indiff:

Chaparral = Exercise in "Real Driving Simulator" fantasy. :lol:
Infiniti reminds me of Subaru VGT, perhaps the coder(s) same. ;) :sly: :lol:

Like the recently released Subaru VGT and BMW Safety cars, with the Infiniti VGT...
... you can row gears on H-shifter with auto-blipped downshifts like a DCT-equipped car.
No clutch needed, registers as a gated box on the TT LB.

:cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:

Like the recently released Subaru VGT and BMW Safety cars, with the Infiniti VGT...
... you can row gears on H-shifter with auto-blipped downshifts like a DCT-equipped car.

I hated the Subaru, but I really like the Infinity.

I have an alternate account where I do no tuning and purchase no cars. Today I was struggling with some old seasonals using 15th Anniversary cars, but I switched to the Infinity and I was in control again.

To be honest, I'm getting tired of the VGT cars already.
So much potential to do something outrageous, yet they always tend stick to some 4WD hybrid. And they haven't bothered to include an interior to most of the cars.
Would prefer to see some IRL cars instead, to be honest.

To be honest, I'm getting tired of the VGT cars already.
So much potential to do something outrageous, yet they always tend stick to some 4WD hybrid. And they haven't bothered to include an interior to most of the cars.
Would prefer to see some IRL cars instead, to be honest.

I don't think you are alone in that sentiment LJ12. :lol: :sly: :lol:
Some new tracks would be nice too, Senna with no Interlagos? :irked: :lol:
Hockenheimring, Road America, stuff like that, and some real cars. :dopey:
Even just a Suzuka W., or SoW CCW (it's run that way IRL too) would be nice. :boggled:

---------------------------------------

Nice times by you using clutch/H-shifter on the passing seasonals 👍 👍

:cheers:

Last edited:
I don't think you are alone in that sentiment LJ12. :lol: :sly: :lol:
Some new tracks would be nice too, Senna with no Interlagos? :irked: :lol:
Hockenheimring, Road America, stuff like that, and some real cars. :dopey:
Even just a Suzuka W., or SoW CCW (it's run that way IRL too) would be nice. :boggled:

---------------------------------------

Nice times by you using clutch/H-shifter on the passing seasonals 👍 👍

Well, thank you! Just got back into the groove, so now I'm really putting some good times on the leaderboards again! :D
And just to say it, you're times are great! :eek: Have to put some effort to beat most of them 👍

I'm most likely going to use the clutch and h-shifter in GT6 till the day I die :lol:

But I have to thank you for the tips and help in TT's through the last months. I've learned a lot from you, so I'm forever grateful :cheers:

-------------------------------------

And for everyone else in the group, have a merry Christmas! This group has been a HUGE part of my life, believe it or not, so I'm glad I have you all on my leaderboards to compete against.
Been through a rough time lately, and trying to beat your times have been one of the few ways to get my mind on something else than the personal issues.

Let's keep this group running, and hope for many more challenges for 2015! Thank you all, GREAT job on the TT's
:gtpflag:

Looks nice this group and I would like to be inside if is possible. Of course I don't use SRF either
What shall I do?
:cheers::gtpflag:

Hi mate!....welcome to the club.

All you need to do is add some of the people in this thread to your friends list .
The active members should 'like' your post 👍.

Simple as that :)..👍

I have a question, maybe a stupid question. Once Im inside the group, what happen if somebody else wants to add me to his list of friends, would be automatically inside the group also? And if he does not want to be inside?

I have a question, maybe a stupid question. Once Im inside the group, what happen if somebody else wants to add me to his list of friends, would be automatically inside the group also? And if he does not want to be inside?

Only people invited by @JogoAsobi can join his club 👍.
You can carry on as normal adding people to your friends board. It won't have any effect on the club.

Hope that answers your question? :)

Only people invited by @JogoAsobi can join his club 👍.
You can carry on as normal adding people to your friends board. It won't have any effect on the club.

Hope that answers your question? :)

Perfect answer mate. Thank you.
Im still waiting for the answer of the member

Perfect answer mate. Thank you.
Im still waiting for the answer of the member

If you check your inbox here on GTP you should be added to the club private message thread 👍
You will find more info on the club there ;)..👍

If you check your inbox here on GTP you should be added to the club private message thread 👍
You will find more info on the club there ;)..👍

Now I see!!. Seems that Im already inside and there is not event in the comunity because the last event expired the 8th of January. Is that ok?

Now I see!!. Seems that Im already inside and there is not event in the comunity because the last event expired the 8th of January. Is that ok?

I did add you to the Club's PM participants' list but, also have to...
...send you a club invite from within GT6/Community. :)

After you accept, you'll be able to enter & participate in events.
Haven't sent you the club invite via GT6/Community yet...
...or created new events since the last one expired on the 8th.

REASON:

I'm without T500 pedals (RMA) until probably the beginning of Feb...:irked:
...and have no access to PS3 for the next couple of weeks.
Please excuse any inconvenience. :)

What I just explained ^ only pertains to the No SRF Group Wheel Users club.
The club (private) was created by me after Community/Clubs feature went live...
...for No SRF Group members on OP's linked list that use wheels.
---------------------------------------------------------
This thread was created by@backnfourth prior to SRF being forced off in the Seasonal events. :bowdown:
There's a link in OP of this thread to the list of No SRF Group compiled by @ZuluWraith. 👍
It was done so people who didn't use SRF could add FRs that also weren't SRF users. :cheers:

But, overtime, participation in this thread has dropped.
Since SRF is forced off for TTs now, that's probably part of it, among other things. :sly:

The way it used to work was:

Someone posted that they wanted to be added to the list referenced in the OP.
They would usually specify controller type (900º wheel/DS3 etc) for the list too.
Then people on already on the list would accept the FR.

It was sort of a screening process I guess, so everyone knew the FR was legit. :lol:
The list does not seem to have been updated in a while...
...so people just post here that they want to be added as FR now.

Anyway, please excuse the long-winded explanation, and welcome.
The club is just an add-on for the No SRF Group threads' members.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:
I did add you to the Club's PM participants' list but, also have to...
...send you a club invite from within GT6/Community. :)

After you accept, you'll be able to enter & participate in events.
Haven't sent you the club invite via GT6/Community yet...
...or created new events since the last one expired on the 8th.

REASON:

I'm without T500 pedals (RMA) until probably the beginning of Feb...:irked:
...and have no access to PS3 for the next couple of weeks.
Please excuse any inconvenience. :)

What I just explained ^ only pertains to the No SRF Group Wheel Users club.
The club (private) was created by me after Community/Clubs feature went live...
...for No SRF Group members listed that use wheels.
---------------------------------------------------------
This thread was created by@backnfourth prior to SRF being forced off in the Seasonal events. :bowdown:
There's a link in OP of this thread to the list of No SRF Group compiled by @ZuluWraith. 👍
It was done so people who didn't use SRF could add FRs that also weren't SRF users. :cheers:

But, overtime, participation in this thread has dropped.
Since SRF is forced off for TTs now, that's probably part of it, among other things. :sly:

The way it used to work was:

Someone posted that they wanted to be added to the list referenced in the OP.
They would usually specify controller type (900º wheel/DS3 etc) for the list too.
Then people on already on the list would accept the FR.

It was sort of a screening process I guess, so everyone knew the FR was legit. :lol:
The list does not seem to have been updated in a while...
...so people just post here that they want to be added as FR now.

Anyway, please excuse the long-winded explanation, and welcome.
The club is just an add-on for the No SRF Group threads' members.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Many thanks for all the details :bowdown:
We will wait for your pedals :cheers:

Alright guys, I'm leaving GTPlanet and the GT-Series. Why? Well, simply because I don't have any more enjoyment in the series, or gaming anymore.
Thanks to all of you guys in the group! A shoutout to everyone who helped me out on TT's, with tuning setups etc.

Thanks for everything guys, and really hope that this group stays as strong as it's always been.

Alright guys, I'm leaving GTPlanet and the GT-Series. Why? Well, simply because I don't have any more enjoyment in the series, or gaming anymore.
Thanks to all of you guys in the group! A shoutout to everyone who helped me out on TT's, with tuning setups etc.

Thanks for everything guys, and really hope that this group stays as strong as it's always been.

Good luck to you @LJ12! :cheers: You'll be missed.
Don't think you're alone in some of your sentiments though... :sly:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back