No SRF Friends Group (link to list in OP)

I drive like Sean Connery in the Presidio -
Beat ignorant bullies up with my right thumb - my left thumb is too powerful for that - so I save it for steering in GT6...

The Lake Ronda challenge races felt funny with SRF forced on. Maybe a spot of Magic grip will let people learn the track without flying off track down into the lake.
sploosh

Thanks Jujiro! You're too kind :embarrassed:.

Your avatar looks proud and is smiling......but he also has a slight look of....
...lets see if you can do that again punk!....:lol:

:cheers:

Yeah he's got that smirk on his face, even on an original photo. I painted his portrait carefully to show that personality of his. I think he was not only genius but somewhat arrogant, slightly of an ass perhaps lol but at the same time a true sportsman. A legend indeed.

Anyway congrats to your achievement. As for myself, I lapped early 1.25s on first 10 laps or so using my own tune. I expected worse so that was surprising. It seems that I don't improve much but don't regress that much either... I felt the handling in general to be a lot different from early versions I played. Changeable FFB on quick menu is a big thumb up from me.

That Sierra rally is an excellent add-on. It's an another game almost. If you buy GT6 now you'd get your money worth I'd say. Too bad, it got better too late for me to hang on. I'm only playing it now before I download an Assetto Corsa and I kinda hesitant on doing that because once I get that game it's well n truly good-bye to GT6, I don't think I'd ever look back to console gaming anymore.

I got the latest computer and a new wheel. All I need now is an Oculus Rift and pCARS. Zonda R is calling me.lol

Just a question to ask for a G27 user for so many years, which is the closest method simple fix to match the Nixim brake pedal or GTeye modifications for us who don't race with ABS on. :bowdown:

Well I finally downloaded Assetto Corsa. What a game, incredible in every way as I expected. Just drive a Ferrari 599evo from cockpit view with headphones on, you'll wet your pants!đź‘Ť

You know what? I decided to still play GT6 from time to time. Comparing with AC, well obviously your satisfaction level gets higher the more money you spend on your machine but I must say GT6 DOES VERY WELL for its handling realism. I didn't find AC's handling to be ultra-jaw-dropping-cannot-tell-a-difference-from-real-good, because GT6 had already achieved that to respectable level. I could carry most of what I learnt from GT6 to AC and I could drive alright with all assists off.

"Hmm, so GT6 isn't really that bad after all, for its price it's very hard to beat." - Jujiro Matsuda lol

As for quick fix for brake pedal well I'd like to know that myself. I apply brake by using the very top of the pedal, thus more torque is applied, bigger movement, more fine control I'd be able to apply. I saw footwork of Lucas Ordonez playing GT5 with DFGT and I kinda copied that. If you use ABS on then push the lower part of the pedal, closer to the lever pivot, faster the movement, just slam on a brake I guess.

I'd like my G27's brake pedal's initial stiffness to be tad softer and I want it to get harder as I push more. Well, that's why companies bother to sell aftermarket parts like GTeye spring I guess that's what I have to get if I'm serious about becoming a faster driver. I lost all desire to be a faster driver atm, it means nothing to me.

Interesting to hear your comparison @JujiroMatsuda between AC and GT6.
It's good that it's not too much of a shock going from GT6 to a sim.

I've been wondering what to expect when PCars comes out for PS4.
Not too long to wait now. I'm very excited by what I've seen.
I hope it lives up to my expectations :lol:.

I'll be on PS4 and you'll be on PC though......:(.

Any other No SRF'ers got a PS4 and going to try PCars?
Would be good to see a few of you blokes on PCars :dopey:.

I think @SileightyCyrus might be tempted.

Last edited:
Oh man... @SW__10 You are solely responsible for my current PCars obsession. Glad I invested in that PS4. I know what I'll do during my 12 day holiday this December...

Interesting to hear your comparison @JujiroMatsuda between AC and GT6.
It's good that it's not too much of a shock going from GT6 to a sim.

I've been wondering what to expect when PCars comes out for PS4.
Not too long to wait now. I'm very excited by what I've seen.
I hope it lives up to my expectations :lol:.

I'll be on PS4 and you'll be on PC though......:(.

Any other No SRF'ers got a PS4 and going to try PCars?
Would be good to see a few of you blokes on PCars :dopey:.

I think @SileightyCyrus might be tempted.

So far what I've seen their sound department staff are doing a great job, EXCEPT that deliberate clutch slip sound on every upshift ON ALL CARS. What I mean by that is that they apply that effect even on cars that have seamless gear boxes, like formula cars.

While the cars with manual clutch, the deliberate pause on upshift, with slight overrev when meeting the clutch plate, makes the upshift sound realistic but they seem to apply that routine on cars that supposed to shift instantly.

If you don't know what I'm saying, with GT6, compare the upshifting sound of any car with standard transmission and McLaren MP4 with custom GB with 3-plate clutch. The former takes some time to shift gears while the latter goes through gears virtually with no lag - seamlessly.

MP4 (or formula cars) on pCARS shifts gears so slowly which is an outright forgery.

I suppose they are not bothering to rectify it while it's still on beta stage but if they let that be on full version, they are making a big mistake. I noticed this anomaly within a minute of watching Youtube clips, how many others also felt the same way?

If they manage to make this game a failure I will do everything I can in my faculty to make sure those responsible will lose their job.

So far what I've seen their sound department staff are doing a great job, EXCEPT that deliberate clutch slip sound on every upshift ON ALL CARS. What I mean by that is that they apply that effect even on cars that have seamless gear boxes, like formula cars.

While the cars with manual clutch, the deliberate pause on upshift, with slight overrev when meeting the clutch plate, makes the upshift sound realistic but they seem to apply that routine on cars that supposed to shift instantly.

If you don't know what I'm saying, with GT6, compare the upshifting sound of any car with standard transmission and McLaren MP4 with custom GB with 3-plate clutch. The former takes some time to shift gears while the latter goes through gears virtually with no lag - seamlessly.

MP4 (or formula cars) on pCARS shifts gears so slowly which is an outright forgery.

I suppose they are not bothering to rectify it while it's still on beta stage but if they let that be on full version, they are making a big mistake. I noticed this anomaly within a minute of watching Youtube clips, how many others also felt the same way?

If they manage to make this game a failure I will do everything I can in my faculty to make sure those responsible will lose their job.

Maybe you should bring this up in the GTP PCars forum. I'm sure they would be glad of the feedback đź‘Ť.
I think lots of people with access to the dev team are active in the PCars section and would tell you if this is a known issue and will be sorted.
I must admit I'm rather superficial and have just been drooling over the visuals! :dopey:....:lol:
... I must pay closer attention to the sound in future :embarrassed:.

@Crozzlow, @FordMKIVJ5, @GRANKUSTOM, @Jaywalker, @JujiroMatsuda, @Ryk, @Sum1s2pid, @SileightyCyrus, @SW__10, @wormy09, (and anyone I might of missed);

Big thanks to you all for all the supportive comments, :bowdown: :bowdown: they were right on the money.
Hats off to @nowcontrol for picking up the baton, and to @et_ (banned??!!!) who did before that. đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

I had to login to GTP to PM someone about hardware for my rig (only way I had to contact him).
Haven't been on GTP since late July (even in lurk mode), saw your posts on previous page (20) tonight.

I have no plans for further GTP participation, but I'll use the PM function, since PSN PM really bites.
I think GTP will let everyone I listed in this post PM me (since I am now following all of you).

If I can get my damn GT6 online issues resolved, No SRF online sessions could be fun to do.
New v.1.14 community features should help that! :cheers:

Last edited:
@Crozzlow, @FordMKIVJ5, @GRANKUSTOM, @Jaywalker, @JujiroMatsuda, @Ryk, @Sum1s2pid, @SileightyCyrus, @SW__10, @wormy09, (and anyone I might of missed);

Big thanks to you all for all the supportive comments, :bowdown: :bowdown: they were right on the money.
Hats off to @nowcontrol for picking up the baton, and to @et_ (banned??!!!) who did before that. đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

I had to login to GTP to PM someone about hardware for my rig (only way I had to contact him).
Haven't been on GTP since late July (even in lurk mode), saw your posts on previous page (20) tonight.

I have no plans for further GTP participation, but I'll use the PM function, since PSN PM really bites.
I think GTP will let everyone I listed in this post PM me (since I am now following all of you).

If I can get my damn GT6 online issues resolved, No SRF online sessions could be fun to do.

Welcome back, buddy! :cheers:

After the consistent beat downs on TT's by you @JogoAsobi ...I would prefer that you go back into hiding...just kidding..kinda...sort of...

Well looks like I am out with hardware issues for at least a few days. :mad:

Brake on my T500 is sticking, so something is up with the pots...
...and one of skate bushings for my brakes' basherboards mod busted in half. :crazy:

After the consistent beat downs on TT's by you @JogoAsobi ...I would prefer that you go back into hiding...just kidding..kinda...sort of...

You should be good to go on current TTs @Crozzlow...
..my brake went south before I got into doing paddle runs tonight. :irked:

I only did Apricot in old car with clutch, Indy & Autumn with gated box.
So I expect no less than a good thrashing from you like you gave me on Ascari/KTM TT. :lol:

Last edited:

Good to see our comrade back:tup: Well, till you sort out your brake issue?:P Anyway, why don't you occasionally troll around here for a change? I'm sure you'll be most welcomed:lol:

As for me, I kinda lost my fire for driving atm, I'm putting all my energy towards my artwork, I even packed away my new wheel, the latest AC update with that beast Cobra, oooohhh noooo I can't afford to lose the grip on my life again!lol

Shame, my X99-UD4 mobo, 256GB SSD, 16GB ram quad-channeling computer is an overkill for Photoshop. Grafix card is a cheap, makeshift R6 ATi and will change it to a better one when pCARS comes out but if that game is a failure, I won't.

I heard the engine sound of that Subaru VIZIV(?) and really tempted me to fire up my PS3. It sounds bit like Ducati V4, and it's awesome!đź‘Ť

Good to see our comrade back:tup: Well, till you sort out your brake issue?:P Anyway, why don't you occasionally troll around here for a change? I'm sure you'll be most welcomed:lol:

As for me, I kinda lost my fire for driving atm, I'm putting all my energy towards my artwork, I even packed away my new wheel, the latest AC update with that beast Cobra, oooohhh noooo I can't afford to lose the grip on my life again!lol

Shame, my X99-UD4 mobo, 256GB SSD, 16GB ram quad-channeling computer is an overkill for Photoshop. Grafix card is a cheap, makeshift R6 ATi and will change it to a better one when pCARS comes out but if that game is a failure, I won't.

I heard the engine sound of that Subaru VIZIV(?) and really tempted me to fire up my PS3. It sounds bit like Ducati V4, and it's awesome!đź‘Ť

We'll I don't know much about art critique, but your Senna pic looks damn good.

The Subaru VGT sounds better than it drives, well at least they got that right. :lol:
I think it's funky drive broke my brake, it went south after a few runs on Autumn TT. :sly:

----------------------------------------------
Update (Sunday night), rigged a temp fix for brake, pot registers 3/4 now...
...so with some creative B/B adjust I am good to go until I get parts now. :)
@Crozzlow, I got some paddle runs in...:D :sly:

Last edited:
@Jbaffoh Sorry I took so long to respond to your request - I get a lot of random requests and wasn't sure who you were at first. Welcome! I see you joined the club as well, thank you!

Attention No SRF group!

Sorry to be obnoxious, but please, if you haven't yet, join the official No SRF club in the community section. @JogoAsobi has some really awesome things planned, and he is putting in a lot of work to make full use of the club features. I believe you can be part of 5 clubs at a time, so you really don't need to worry about missing out on a chance to join other clubs you may like!

@Jbaffoh Sorry I took so long to respond to your request - I get a lot of random requests and wasn't sure who you were at first. Welcome! I see you joined the club as well, thank you!

Attention No SRF group!

Sorry to be obnoxious, but please, if you haven't yet, join the official No SRF club in the community section. @JogoAsobi has some really awesome things planned, and he is putting in a lot of work to make full use of the club features. I believe you can be part of 5 clubs at a time, so you really don't need to worry about missing out on a chance to join other clubs you may like!

Where and how do you get to that community section? Is that an in-game feature?

Tuning to make a car easy to drive fast with SRF off cos every seasonal game, PD will lock it. With SRF on, even you are not familiar with the track or the car, you will get gold easily ! My opinion is just test an original car with just ABS 1, (make it at least your bestlap). Then, use the same car again but ON the SRF plus your ABS 1. Is it possible to tune only the car suspension & LSD to make it easy to get the bestlap done by SRF ON ? I've tried it with a Std Subaru BRZ '12 on Laguna Seca with comfort hard tires, which is close to the real world timing by American pro racing driver Randy Pobst .

Geez that Chaparral took me some getting used to get Gold. If you only drive normal cars everyday IRL you'll start build bad habit of looking too close ahead - that's what you do normally, watch out for curbs, pedestrians, cyclists on the road. Going at 400kmh on circuit, that won't help! So after 15 laps of mid 46s, I started to look far ahead as possible, look for the horizon almost. Then magically I started to lap 1.5s quicker. Interesting car, all 4 wheels can concentrate on cornering only (and on braking), no wearing from traction. But no gearbox just doesn't interest me to go back for more...

Back