No SRF Friends Group (link to list in OP)

Yay, I finally got the 'wheel stand pro' on Wednesday.....

I'm glad to be rid of that awful unsteady TV tray I was using and I am also much more relaxed and comfortable being back in the armchair with a lower seating position than the dreadful waiting room chair I had to pair with the TV tray. It feels so much better having complete stability at my hands and feet which gives much more confidence when a bit of aggressive driving is needed. here are some pics.....

DSCF2982.jpg DSCF2983.jpg DSCF2986.jpg DSCF2987.jpg

You may ask why it is not flat on the floor, well I'll tell you, It's because I much prefer the 'single seat racer' cockpit position [just as you get with some play-seats and such] and the way I have it set here pretty much does the job, my feet on the pedals are roughly at the same height from the floor as my bum is on the armchair, My legs are parallel to the floor like this and I sit back in the chair with my arms slightly bent at the elbow to reach the wheel which is just a few inches above my knees.

The blue box with the wooden blocks and golf balls are just to give it a more solid and stable wedge for the 45º angle, because when I first tried to set it up on the floor at this angle without those extras there was too much movement and slippage. Also the box makes it easy to slide out of the way into the space by the wall [2nd pic] when I've had enough.

:D

Yay, I finally got the 'wheel stand pro' on Wednesday.....

I'm glad to be rid of that awful unsteady TV tray I was using and I am also much more relaxed and comfortable being back in the armchair with a lower seating position than the dreadful waiting room chair I had to pair with the TV tray. It feels so much better having complete stability at my hands and feet which gives much more confidence when a bit of aggressive driving is needed. here are some pics.....

View attachment 188711 View attachment 188712 View attachment 188713 View attachment 188714

You may ask why it is not flat on the floor, well I'll tell you, It's because I much prefer the 'single seat racer' cockpit position [just as you get with some play-seats and such] and the way I have it set here pretty much does the job, my feet on the pedals are roughly at the same height from the floor as my bum is on the armchair, My legs are parallel to the floor like this and I sit back in the chair with my arms slightly bent at the elbow to reach the wheel which is just a few inches above my knees.

The blue box with the wooden blocks and golf balls are just to give it a more solid and stable wedge for the 45º angle, because when I first tried to set it up on the floor at this angle without those extras there was too much movement and slippage. Also the box makes it easy to slide out of the way into the space by the wall [2nd pic] when I've had enough.

:D

Ingenious!! Great job!

Optimus Prime approves also, by the look of the first pic ;) 👍

Last edited:
Went to the Facebook live event last Monday and finished first overall with 1st, 4th, 1st in rounds 1, 2 and 3 respectively. That meant I had qualified for the national final on the Tuesday. We got a bit of time in the rigs to finish the day as we'd finished a bit early.

We then headed off to the hotel, where we got a meal and drink on GT Academy. The national final could have gone better, we started out on the gaming where I made too many mistakes, yet was still not too far off of the top guys in my group. We then went to the real driving where we had to pilot a Nismo Juke around an autocross course, it was good fun, but being my first time going fast in a car it was a bit of a steep learning curve so could have done a lot better. We then had lunch before heading to the media interrogation which went reasonably well. Fitness was last followed by a whole group bleep test. I did ok in the plank, lasting 2:58 and did 29 press-ups but the jump and bleep test were pretty abysmal. Running is not my strong point you see!

It was an awesome couple of days out and a great experience. Just going to Silverstone alone made it worth it, especially as a couple of GT40s were circling on the Tuesday. :D

Went to the Facebook live event last Monday and finished first overall with 1st, 4th, 1st in rounds 1, 2 and 3 respectively. That meant I had qualified for the national final on the Tuesday. We got a bit of time in the rigs to finish the day as we'd finished a bit early.

We then headed off to the hotel, where we got a meal and drink on GT Academy. The national final could have gone better, we started out on the gaming where I made too many mistakes, yet was still not too far off of the top guys in my group. We then went to the real driving where we had to pilot a Nismo Juke around an autocross course, it was good fun, but being my first time going fast in a car it was a bit of a steep learning curve so could have done a lot better. We then had lunch before heading to the media interrogation which went reasonably well. Fitness was last followed by a whole group bleep test. I did ok in the plank, lasting 2:58 and did 29 press-ups but the jump and bleep test were pretty abysmal. Running is not my strong point you see!

It was an awesome couple of days out and a great experience. Just going to Silverstone alone made it worth it, especially as a couple of GT40s were circling on the Tuesday. :D

Congratulations on making it to the National finals! :cheers:

It's all good experience for next year! :)

I've got quite a star-studded FR LB it seems :dopey:.

Bleep test!! :crazy:
In my younger football playing days I could manage level 15/16 I think.
Not a pretty sight after.........:yuck: :lol:

Hats off to you! Quite an awesome feat! :cheers: You took it farther than 99.999% could! :eek:
Should you go for it again, 2nd time around this experience will give you a big leg up! 👍

As @SW__10 said, seems the No SRF Group FR LB has a few non-terrestials!!!

If anyone is interested.

My current tune for the GSX-R/4, Mt Panorama TT.

Body Rigidity & Rear wing

250 bhp 795kg 49:51

95/95
5.55/7.00
4/4
4/4
5/5
0/0
-0.05/0.20

Racing Brakes 7/3

Trans

FG 6000
112 mph
1: 5000
2: 3.445
3: 2.650
4: 2.145
5: 1.805
6: 1.549
FG 3450

Triple clutch
LSD 10/10/30
100% power. All power upgrades.

DF 20. Ballast 200kg @ 0. Weight Red 2.

If I make any changes I will update this post. 👍

Last edited:
Congratulations on making it to the National finals! :cheers:

It's all good experience for next year! :)

I've got quite a star-studded FR LB it seems :dopey:.

Bleep test!! :crazy:
In my younger football playing days I could manage level 15/16 I think.
Not a pretty sight after.........:yuck: :lol:

Hats off to you! Quite an awesome feat! :cheers: You took it farther than 99.999% could! :eek:
Should you go for it again, 2nd time around this experience will give you a big leg up! 👍

As @SW__10 said, seems the No SRF Group FR LB has a few non-terrestials!!!

Cheers guys, was a great experience. :cheers:

My current Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 tune.
(I will update this tune if I make any changes)

434bhp, 1230kg, 54:46

Sus
130/130
7.20/6.24
2/2
5/5
6/7
0/0
0/0.4

Brakes 4/0
Trans set to 130 mph. Only main MPH was changed.
LSD 30/40/30 front. 40/40/40 back.
50/50 Diff
Power 88.7% Stage 3 Eng & Low Turbo.
DF 150/350.

Updates : In Bold

---------------------------------------------------

Below is the tune @SileightyCyrus used 👍

Evo Super Rally Car '03

Sus
140/140
7.20/6.24
3/3
4/4
3/3
0/0
0/0.4

Brakes 5/1
Trans set to 130 mph. Only main MPH was changed.
LSD 15/40/20 front & back.
50/50 Diff
Power 88.7% Stage 3 Eng & Low Turbo.
DF 150/350.

------------------------------------------------------

And because I'm feeling generous

Quattro S1 Rally Car '86
542bhp 1290kg 50:50

140/140
8.18/7.18
1/1
3/3
5/5
0/0
0/0.4

Brake 4/0
Trans set at 137mph. Only the main mph was changed.
LSD 40/12/30 front. 50/12/50 rear.
50/50 Diff.
95.9% power. High turbo.
DF 150/350. Ballast 200kg @ 0.

:cheers:

Last edited:
@SW__10, thanks, :lol: when it rains it pours! :cheers:
Seems this evening's driving orders are here. :D
Seasonal OP updated. :)

If you or @SileightyCyrus make any alterations I would be interested to hear about them 👍

Maybe, as our styles will differ, you could copy my tune into your own post and show your tweaks as you go.
I would find that very interesting to see. I think we could learn a lot from each other.
Even more interesting as you 0 ABS it Jogo 👍
Just a thought up to you :).

I've got a feeling my Evo tune will change quite a bit as we go along :dopey:.

:cheers:

Last edited:
So my thoughts on torque and rally cars is that the high torque would be better than high horsepower.

Mind you, I dropped out of community college, and really don't know anything beyond what I have tried to teach myself via magazines and online articles, but...

So the high torque would allow the car to "push through" the dirt, and not be slowed down too much by it...

While high horsepower would not provide as much irrepressible force, and would end up spinning the tires more.

Looking at any high end modern rally car and the torque numbers are astronomical, coupled with the fact that fast guys tend to short shift...

And thinking about electric cars and their obnoxious torque - they don't seem to be able to spin the wheels very much, but can obviously take off ridiculously fast.

I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I like to pretend I do. :)

EDIT: I believe the WRC states that the cars can't have more than 300 HP? Which is why they all have like 430 torques, yeah? I dunno. I'm still ranting.

Does any of what I said make sense?!

Last edited:
So my thoughts on torque and rally cars is that the high torque would be better than high horsepower.

Mind you, I dropped out of community college, and really don't know anything beyond what I have tried to teach myself via magazines and online articles, but...

So the high torque would allow the car to "push through" the dirt, and not be slowed down too much by it...

While high horsepower would not provide as much irrepressible force, and would end up spinning the tires more.

Looking at any high end modern rally car and the torque numbers are astronomical, coupled with the fact that fast guys tend to short shift...

And thinking about electric cars and their obnoxious torque - they don't seem to be able to spin the wheels very much, but can obviously take off ridiculously fast.

EDIT: I believe the WRC states that the cars can't have more than 300 HP? Which is why they all have like 430 torques, yeah? I dunno. I'm still ranting.

It makes sense, whether you are correct or not I have no idea :P.

I just close my eyes and tweak settings randomly until I get a fast time :dopey:

:lol:

It makes sense, whether you are correct or not I have no idea :P.

I just close my eyes and tweak settings randomly until I get a fast time :dopey:

:lol:

I could really tell no difference tonight, and I tried all 3 variations of Turbo.
Cannot understand you and @SileightyCyrus voodoo after the downhill esses. :eek:
------------------------------------------

On a different note, I fired up GT5 tonight to update it to 2.17.
In all honesty, I had more fun driving it, maybe its a T500/v.1.09 issue. :indiff:

Anyway try this little test out, use a bone-stock Honda HSV in GT5.
(Only setting I changed was B/B to 3/1 for 0 ABS)

In GT5; FFB 5/arcade mode/race/pro level/Suzuka no weather/real.
Rinse & repeat with same settings in GT6 using single user mode.

I'd be curious to know your impressions, and type of wheel you use. :)
--------------------------------------------
900º wheel, no wheel or driving aids, 0 ABS.

EDIT

@SW__10, both Evo tunes rock! But the driver sucked tonight. :lol:
Only about 0.100 gained (used Evo instead of Audi).

Last edited:
I could really tell no difference tonight, and I tried all 3 variations of Turbo.
Cannot understand you and @SileightyCyrus voodoo after the downhill esses. :eek:
------------------------------------------
On a different note, I fired up GT5 tonight to update it to 2.17.
In all honesty, I had more fun driving it, maybe its a T500/v.1.09 issue.

Anyway try this little test out, use a bone-stock Honda HSV in GT5.
(Only setting I changed was B/B to 3/1 for 0 ABS)

In GT5; FFB 5/arcade mode/race/pro level/Suzuka no weather/real.
Rinse & repeat with same settings in GT6 using single user mode.
--------------------------------------------
900º wheel, no wheel or driving aids, 0 ABS.

Thanks, very kind 👍. I just lift off, brake and drop down to 2nd then whip the car around. Trying to semi-drift around the corners with the nose as tight to the apex as I can :dopey:.

At first I was braking too late or too much and sliding too far.

I'll have a bash with your GT5 test. I need to update.
I only played career through a couple of times. I'll be able to compare to GT6 though 👍

Last edited:
@JogoAsobi I like to over rotate on corner entry, so when I get on the throttle the front end washes out, it ends up the direction I actually want it to point...I learned that little trick when I drifted R34s in Deep Forest in GT3!

@SW__10, check your LB...thanks to that same Evo tune, I am currently first in the USA!

You're on the right track I think.

Horsepower is a measurement of how much torque you can get at the wheels which = acceleration. Its complicated and I don't even fully understand it, but just know that 200 ft-lbs at 5000 rpm will not accelerate as fast as 200 ft-lbs at 8000 rpm.

For raw acceleration, peak power is key, but only if you get that power to the ground and gearing keeps you near that power peak. Think F1 cars - crazy fast acceleration, but narrow power band due to low torque and crazy high rpm (before they ruined them with fuel flow limits anyway).

With a traction-limited rally car, you want very predictable power and a wide, flexible power band. Since peak power can rarely be used, its better that the driver can easily adjust power going to the wheels across a wide range of engine speed. Look at the dyno below.
(173)Peugeot.jpg

Dashed lines = torque. If gearing is such that rpms can always be kept between 5500 and 6750, you have a very wide & flat powerband. Meaning anywhere at those rpm 50% throttle or 75% or whatever is always about the same torque at the wheels.

Engines that have tons of torque in the midrange tend to drop off in torque nice and gentle allowing that to happen. Also, torque drops off as an engine can't breathe enough air, so intake-restricted WRC type cars see a pattern like this. They could probably tune them for even higher peak torque at lower RPMs, but that would narrow up the powerband.

That's my theory anyway, I may be talking completely out my butt ;)

Back