No_OBsT33RS Tranny Quick Tune Guide

Hmm, you just try to restore the lost gear settings? Why?
There are other ways which would give you better results.

No, I think (my personal opinion, not fact!) what he's trying to do is to retain the tight gear spacing, but give you the higher top speed required for the extra power you've shoehorned into the engine so that you'd get a combination of good acceleration and high top speed. This was the roughly the same way RJ tuned the gearbox on the blind tune 22B.

dr_slump
Hmm, you just try to restore the lost gear settings? Why?
There are other ways which would give you better results.

Have you tried them restored with a Adjusted FD?

It's a QUICK way to get the lost spacing that proves to be as capable as all the fancy methods that take forever and crack the heads of MOST looking for an easy way to tune the gears.

Have you tried them restored with a Adjusted FD?

It's a QUICK way to get the lost spacing that proves to be as capable as all the fancy methods that take forever and crack the heads of MOST looking for an easy way to tune the gears.
Yes, I tried it. But I gave up after 1min. :lol:

What I remember is the graph and it didn't look that good.

This method works pretty good No_OBsT33R.I was impressed that this was all i had to do.

I combined it some of my methods for the Final Gear.You should check it out.

Starfirebird
This method works pretty good No_OBsT33R.I was impressed that this was all i had to do.

I combined it some of my methods for the Final Gear.You should check it out.

That sounds tight, are they at your thread?

Ways of making these methods better is always welcome.

That sounds tight, are they at your thread?

Ways of making these methods better is always welcome.

Yes they are.

I quoted you in my thread with how i did it.It works really well too.I was able to squeeze out 4 more mph at Daytona using your method combined with parts of mine.

With the results i got i would have to say it work with other tracks as well.I've got to clean the house a bit,but i will do some more testing on different tracks.

This is interesting. So, if I understand you correctly, when you initially install a fully adjustable tranny, the initial settings are an 'ideal' gear ratio setup, but once you 'restore to default' they go away? I've never noticed this before!

So do the minimum settings all mirror the 'original' settings?

Back