Non-linear throttle

It's so bad on the D4. It feels like the last 80% of the throttle is in the last 20% of the trigger's travel.

It's terrible on DS4, 80% trigger pulled is full throttle.

It's not so much that full throttle is at 80% but the fact that from about 50% (half throttle on the meter) to full throttle hardly any travel is needed due to the exponential nature of throttle input (what DakotaXIII meant). It is very hard to feather the throttle on a DS4 because of that, which costs lots of time. While it is possible to control the throttle, it never feels natural, I always have to look at the meter to know the throttle's opening.
Usually I game with a Razer Raiju but on top if its more sensitive triggers they also have longer travel, which made throttle control impossible (it was either no throttle or flat out). So I had to revert back to my DS4 for GTS.

unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem with a fanatec csw v1, pedalier csp v2, and drivehub adapter.

why only trustmaster is linear, and not the others? it is voluntary ? is it to push us to buy the material of polyphony partner (trustmaster) ... ?

I am very disappointed. I think it's the last console car game I buy. after i will go on pc.

unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem with a fanatec csw v1, pedalier csp v2, and drivehub adapter.

why only trustmaster is linear, and not the others? it is voluntary ? is it to push us to buy the material of polyphony partner (trustmaster) ... ?

I am very disappointed. I think it's the last console car game I buy. after i will go on pc.
What makes you think it's different for Thrustmaster products? I don't think it's linear for them either. For reference, I have both T-GT and T500rs and neither feel linear.

What makes you think it's different for Thrustmaster products? I don't think it's linear for them either. For reference, I have both T-GT and T500rs and neither feel linear.
T300 user here and it doesn't feel linear to me either.

i don’t understand the beginning of the vidéo. I don’t understand this is a trustmaster pedal.

Strange, a friend with t300 Said me it was linear

T300 throttle is not linear. Unless someone has a special T300 set of pedals...

Currently all pedal sets, no matter of the manufacturer (thrustmaster, logitech, fanatec, etc.) are non-linear, so if the developers of the game decide to make the input linear - all pedals sets would be linear as well - there is no difference because it is up to the game not up to the hardware you are using.

Thanks for information. But yesterday, i became crazy. I didn’t know of this come from my wheel base, my pedal, my sensor, my drivehub, the game... and others guys who said me they have no problem... aaahhhh lol.

So, if this is the same thing for everybody, It's already a good thing. Everybody's equal.

Currently all pedal sets, no matter of the manufacturer (thrustmaster, logitech, fanatec, etc.) are non-linear, so if the developers of the game decide to make the input linear - all pedals sets would be linear as well - there is no difference because it is up to the game not up to the hardware you are using.

T-GT- seems to be linear, from what @MINKIHL has reported.

T-GT- seems to be linear, from what @MINKIHL has reported.

@zzz_pt
Somewhere i saw a diagram shown the input from all wheels and from the tgt pedals... but no worries..the tgt pedals are ****..i wanna use my Fanatec Clubsport Pedals with a load cell... the tgt pedals have no load cell only distance memory not muscle memory and iam not sure if its the wheel or the pedals which makes the input non linear... but i dont know if they will fix that, because the tgt is poly and thrustmasters together product and maybe they want to put that non linear / linear as a buying reason...

Other thing is that Thrustmaster let the TgT look like a High-End-Product..but at the end of the Day the Fanatec stuff is High End. But still, the TgT is a very good Wheel with crap Pedals - TgT combined with Fanatec maybe is a killer-combo.

For me the buying Reason was only because of the Wheel itself... I cannot compare it to my Clubsport V2 Wheelbase with the GT Rim..its like comparing an old VW Ente with a Lamborgini Aventator... but the Differences between my G29, T300 and now the TgT are huge...but it never covers Talent...

You can see as example for it @TRL LIGHTNING ... he uses the G29 and i can clearly see, that he takes a few tens from Braking... Rest is talent. :P

So allover I think right now: Fanatec Elite > TgT > G29 > T300 in my opinion, but the Fanatec Elite only of what i heard... Iam not owning one.

But at the End, the TgT is not worth the bugs

Last edited:
I really wish we had some way to communicate directly with PD about this. All the changes Polyphony has made to the TC assists to make the game easier made me wonder why they don't just fix the very simple thing that's making the game artificially difficult...

Edit: For those that don't know, this also happens with the DS4.

Strange, a friend with t300 Said me it was linear.
There have been isolated accounts of pedals glitching out during firmware update and reportedly becoming linear until the glitch clears but i haven't seen any visual confirmation of that yet.

I noticed that it affects DS4 users as well. Both trigger and analog stick throttle inputs are non-linear, so no way to get around it unless they patch the game. I hope it does get changed because certain cars I'd like to drive I am forced to avoid online, such as the Gr.3 GTR.

It's the reason I'm buying a GTEye throttle spring to increase resistance so I don't go too far too easily. Not a problem in any other game but to stay competitive in GTS I have to buy it

With my TMX (via Drivehub) I was getting 50% throttle at 75% pedal, now it's pretty much linear after the patch and much more manageable.

I wonder if a heavier spring would fix this. Then it is linear by force not distance
It might work but the spring would need to be pretty precise. It wouldn't work with a normal spring as their resistance is linear, not to mention that it's just creating more problems- first being that it fixes it for GT Sport but ruins it for all other games and second, the heavier spring would make minute adjustments more difficult (which is the same problem we have now only it would be present throughout the entire travel of the pedal).

PD could probably fix the code in about 30 minutes if the knew about it or wanted to. It would literally be cheaper for me to personally pay their programmer to do that than to buy custom non-linear spring.

Finally got around to checking specifically for my T3PA Pros, and it not linear.

The amount it's off by is massive as well, the final 10% of travel feels like it's got to deal with 50% of the throttle.

Whole many throttle maps are not linear, they tend to be the other way around (less throttle travel gives more), and most race remaps will provide linear response.

https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/e...Linear-Throttle-LT-and-Stock-Throttle-ST-Maps

It needs to be killed with fire.

I think what we are experience are LSD setups. Initial and full throttle are different, so they behave differently.

I can't believe this hasn't been address in an emergency patch. Cars are literally undrivable with TCS off for me. And on a hot clear day, still risky to use.

This would explain why I've struggled when not using traction control

I never used traction control on any Sim I've ever raced, but from the very beginning I've had issues with it in GT Sport. The nonlinear throttle would explain the the car breaking loose so violently when trying to get on Full Throttle

Keep working at it. I had the same frustration, kept me from GTS for weeks after I bought it. Now I'm proudly TCS free again, even in LMP1. It's just different, not impossible. I don't think the non-linearity has a lot to do with it

I'm on a G29, different bug. Unlike any other game, I've trouble reaching full throttle at all. Only if I use the full foot and brace myself a fair bit, I get down to the metal. It's not dustballs in the pedal electrics, I checked that. And in other games it works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what we are experience are LSD setups. Initial and full throttle are different, so they behave differently.
Not being a jerk here, but, LSD has nothing to do with throttle response. LSD controls/limits power spread across the differential, nothing more.

I've gone from stock friction plate diff, to revised/added friction plate, to composite friction plate and now to torsen/helical-gear in my street strip car, no change in throttle rate, big changes in how the rear of the car behaves... oh, torsen for the win.

The in-game throttle indicator reflects an exponential curve as well though. Refer to the video I posted near the start of the thread.

only thing that can effect that is clutch slip/tq convertor slip/stall.
If power is going through the transmission you are either moving or spinning.
the LSD does not limit power, it distributes it.
Initial tq is a setting for at which point the diff begins "locking" across the diff
Acceleration sensitivity is how much it "locks" under acceleration load.
Braking sensitivity is how much it "locks" under braking loads.
It does not limit power it simply distributes power across the 2 driven axles (driveshafts in a transfer case).

none needed... did not mean to come across as a jack-o-lantern, if I did, I too am sorry.
At any rate, you may have a point...
Upon thinking about it a little more, it's possible that PD has in some way programmed the LSD (initial tq) to act like a transmission clutch, rather than a diff clutch... which is plain insanity...

Back