Non-Race car Super Lap - Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow

• Thread starter et_
  • 213 comments
et_
I had never driven a GT500 before either (in GT6) and I finished 7'th overall, in less than a day. (tuesday to be exact).
Trust me, it does'nt matter what aids are being used by what part, you'll never beat either me or @WhoosierGirl .
Yes, and you are a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a minority of drivers that can do that. To be honest, one of a handful. Good for you, I guess you're a better tuner and driver as well. Some people are better, I never said they weren't. But, it is pretty clear that if I hit a time trial a few days out of the...what? 14 or so? That I can hold my own, without baby aids. I told why I ended up where I did, compared to usual. Goodness, three events! One of which has not ended and I tried it yesterday. You two are a riot.

You also weren't using a g27 clutch as a brake pedal. You wouldn't have finished anywhere near 7th, if you were in my position. Not with the sort of braking technique necessary for Laguna.

You're also the least modest garbage on the forum. I bit my tongue the other day, but you gloat about how everything is easy for you, blah, blah. The difference between you and people ahead of you, are that they don't have to go around telling people they can't be beat or how good they are. For some reason, you have to and it is unbecoming. People won't give a damn about you, if you are good, but a dink to people. Never beat you and Hoosier girl? Possibly not. But, that is a pretty dumb thing to say, considering the fact that we've never raced together and I definitely race with people who I watch plow their times down your throat, when it comes to the big boy time trials. So, yeah. You can feel good about that feeling of telling someone they'll never beat you, then you can go back to getting beat by other people.

Because I can't beat you, doesn't mean I can't laugh at you for using aids and claiming that they don't cut time. You can be fast, but you're still a joke to some people on here, because of how 1) you're full of yourself and 2) you're one of the best at false modesty that I've yet to come across on here. Maybe I need to look around more.

Last edited:
I'm not your honey, and if you get pissed because most of my hate-o-grams come from Americans you are just backing up what I wrote. The "jab" that so upset you was not a jab it is my experience that I expressed.

To clarify my "go figure"....I meant "go figure, I am American an "go figure" it's Americans that send me the most crap messages.

It's obvious that it takes very little to "piss you off" so enjoy the game how you play it and I will enjoy it the way I too.

I'm not your honey, and if you get pissed because most of my hate-o-grams come from Americans you are just backing up what I wrote. The "jab" that so upset you was not a jab it is my experience that I expressed.

To clarify my "go figure"....I meant "go figure, I am American an "go figure" it's Americans that send me the most crap messages.

It's obvious that it takes very little to "piss you off" so enjoy the game how you play it and I will enjoy it the way I too.

Sure. Whatever you say. And 'my' honey? Ha - no. I can't find the word 'my' or any sort of suggestive notes of possession. Don't make things into what they aren't. Let's not go down that skippy, heel-clicking road.

Takes very little to piss me off? I just like my country as should anyone else their own. Someone makes a jab, that makes me a little mad. This IS your own, too. That is not what you meant by go figure, either. You're not an idiot. Don't play stupid and back pedal. You're an adult, correct? Rhetorical question. No need to answer.

Last edited:
@332i

If Rajman, Kilou, Shooter, atoc, Scamat & Mixi are using active steering it's probably essential to set a competitive time... these guys are consistently at the top of pretty much any Seasonal leader board, aids or not.

@332i

If Rajman, Kilou, Shooter, atoc, Scamat & Mixi are using active steering it's probably essential to set a competitive time... these guys are consistently at the top of pretty much any Seasonal leader board, aids or not.
Rajman and shooter are very, very good. I haven't raced with shooter, but I have with rajman. No matter what they drive, they're great and they know how to set the cars up. Be it rally, lotus, 450pp, etc. A lot of the people you see on the 500pp seasonals are the same old people with the same old car. Different song and dance for most in other time trials where aids slow you down and/or the car has to be muscled around. Thats undisputable. Consider the fact that who destroy in big boy time trials, don't bother with these. So, you're taking a good chunk of all stars out if the equation here.

I'll see what anyone who else has to say about defending aids and such later. Can't keep up right now.

Yes, and you are a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a minority of drivers that can do that. To be honest, one of a handful. Good for you, I guess you're a better tuner and driver as well. Some people are better, I never said they weren't. But, it is pretty clear that if I hit a time trial a few days out of the...what? 14 or so? That I can hold my own, without baby aids. I told why I ended up where I did, compared to usual. Goodness, three events! One of which has not ended and I tried it yesterday. You two are a riot.

You also weren't using a g27 clutch as a brake pedal. You wouldn't have finished anywhere near 7th, if you were in my position. Not with the sort of braking technique necessary for Laguna.

You're also the least modest garbage on the forum. I bit my tongue the other day, but you gloat about how everything is easy for you, blah, blah. The difference between you and people ahead of you, are that they don't have to go around telling people they can't be beat or how good they are. For some reason, you have to and it is unbecoming. People won't give a damn about you, if you are good, but a dink to people. Never beat you and Hoosier girl? Possibly not. But, that is a pretty dumb thing to say, considering the fact that we've never raced together and I definitely race with people who I watch plow their times down your throat, when it comes to the big boy time trials. So, yeah. You can feel good about that feeling of telling someone they'll never beat you, then you can go back to getting beat by other people.

Because I can't beat you, doesn't mean I can't laugh at you for using aids and claiming that they don't cut time. You can be fast, but you're still a joke to some people on here, because of how 1) you're full of yourself and 2) you're one of the best at false modesty that I've yet to come across on here. Maybe I need to look around more.
I used a DFGT, and that brake pedal is has about the same resistance as the clutch pedal on the G27. that said, you are right, I would'nt have made that in your position.

What you have to realize here is that when you are driving at a relative low pace, the aids make it easier, but to be top 20, they can actually make it harder, so I have the utmost respect for those that can beat my times with TC on, because I surely wouldn't manage that.

And I'm not saying I'm better than everyone else, there is a whole bunch of drivers out there that can leave me to dust. Despite what many people say, I wouldn't even call myself an alien. But still, you are not even close to beating me in any way. What I'm trying to say is that unless you get up to a relative good level (I'd say around top 30 in these trials), you just dont get it, and never will. most (all) fast drivers would prefer all aids off (me included) but we all adapt to what is best, and allowed, and go with it. We try our best without whining because some P12 beat us with a bunch of aids turned on.

You are pompous as sin, dude. What an idiot. Keep telling people they'll never beat you. Let's see how that goes my friend.

Last edited:
Rajman and shooter are very, very good. I haven't raced with shooter, but I have with rajman. No matter what they drive, they're great and they know how to set the cars up. Be it rally, lotus, 450pp, etc. A lot of the people you see on the 500pp seasonals are the same old people with the same old car. Different song and dance for most in other time trials where aids slow you down and/or the car has to be muscled around. Thats undisputable. Consider the fact that who destroy in big boy time trials, don't bother with these. So, you're taking a good chunk of all stars out if the equation here.

I'll see what anyone who else has to say about defending aids and such later. Can't keep up right now.

All the names I mentioned are very, very good. The way you talk you make it sound like you race regularly with all a lot of very fast drivers. If you're able to compete with these guys you should be able to adapt to pretty much any car/track, and AS should be a walk in the park.

And WTF is a 'big boy time trail'? :lol:

All the names I mentioned are very, very good. The way you talk you make it sound like you race regularly with all a lot of very fast drivers. If you're able to compete with these guys you should be able to adapt to pretty much any car/track, and AS should be a walk in the park.

And WTF is a 'big boy time trail'? :lol:

Hm. Don't quite know to respond to this. You've blatantly shown you dislike me in the past, so say what you wish lol. I already know it your posts are going to be tailored to disagree with me, so sure. You're scraping at the barrel now with the typo nitpicks and right now, you're riding other peoples' tail coats who can easily type for themselves..., that's right - I forgot, they have been. Do you really want to ask me about who I can and can't compete with, who I race with, etc....and what a walk in the park should and for who? I know you don't finish in the top 50 or so...so do you have a thing for these people or just like to speak for them?

This has become rhetorical, so enjoy your aids, guys. Way to ruin time trials and start a fire that goes from the lead up. More and more people start using the aids. You've said it yourselves - when the person ahead is doing it, you have to as well. Everyone's times would be slower and that is enough said. The spread wouldn't be what it is and people wouldn't look as good on paper as they really are without the aids. If they're not helping, why were they used by you and the people ahead? Don't need to answer that, as you already have. In several different ways.

I race with whoever I've said, yes. I beat some, I lose to others. Of them, I can't beat beau, mini, JB, racingline or immortal. No doubt. We love the formula cars. But, I also beat a lot of others and win a lot of nightly 97T races. They're taken a little less seriously, people push harder, they're shorter, etc. FGTA F1 races are another story. Like I said, I lose to some and beat others. Those races consintely host JB, mini, augabhlo, racingline, xchris93 and weider. Other than them...I am pretty competitive. I can be about as fast as them, to be consistently fast and sew laps like that together for an hour and a half...nope. I can't. But, I'm no slouch either. I just don't go around yanking my own chain.

Just going to sum a lot of this thread up here.
The two leading excuses so far:
1) it just makes you more consistent
2) you have to, when the people ahead are

Basically the only response to someone who disputes this:
You wouldn't beat me anyways.

Last edited:
Sure. Whatever you say. And 'my' honey? Ha - no. I can't find the word 'my' or any sort of suggestive notes of possession. Don't make things into what they aren't. Let's not go down that skippy, heel-clicking road.

Takes very little to piss me off? I just like my country as should anyone else their own. Someone makes a jab, that makes me a little mad. This IS your own, too. That is not what you meant by go figure, either. You're not an idiot. Don't play stupid and back pedal. You're an adult, correct? Rhetorical question. No need to answer.

Your might want to think about how the word "Honey" can be used as a derogatory term when finishing a sentence directed at a female, before using it again.

I am a very proud American and have volunteer many hours of my time as a nurse helping with disabled veterans. My love of this country and of being American is without question. This is my country and it is full of wonderful people and some not so wonderful ones also. The same for GT6, and my experience is unfortunately that some of my own fellow American GT6 players more than anywhere else have issues with female players.

What I said is what I meant, if you don't like that than that is you issue not mine. I do not back pedal from anything I write here, I think I have proven that quite well in my time here.

Your might want to think about how the word "Honey" can be used as a derogatory term when finishing a sentence directed at a female, before using it again.

I am a very proud American and have volunteer many hours of my time as a nurse helping with disabled veterans. My love of this country and of being American is without question. This is my country and it is full of wonderful people and some not so wonderful ones also. The same for GT6, and my experience is unfortunately that some of my own fellow American GT6 players more than anywhere else have issues with female players.

What I said is what I meant, if you don't like that than that is you issue not mine. I do not back pedal from anything I write here, I think I have proven that quite well in my time here.
You might want to learn how to understand that some people easily lose your respect and disregard you, when you make a joke on a country that will inevitably annoy people at best. No matter your gender. I lost respect for you when I read that. And then the rest when you said you live here. I'm glad you think you're a proud american, but everyone else in this country says that to. Good for you, though.

Get off the female woe is me crap before you get too deep, because you're starting to tunnel vision in on something that you reaped and misinterpreted. People say 'dude' or 'man' at the end of a sentence until the cows home, in the same manner as I did. You're not a dude or man, right? But...you say dude and man on here at some points. I've seen it. Don't make it a one way street and then pour your heart out with over sensitive woes. That is bull, too. Go back to the gixxer and aids. Don't twist my words or give my sentences new meanings.

Hm. Don't quite know to respond to this. You've blatantly shown you dislike me in the past, so say what you wish lol. I already know it your posts are going to be tailored to disagree with me, so sure. You're scraping at the barrel now with the typo nitpicks and right now, you're riding other peoples' tail coats who can easily type for themselves..., that's right - I forgot, they have been. Do you really want to ask me about who I can and can't compete with, who I race with, etc....and what a walk in the park should and for who? I know you don't finish in the top 50 or so...so do you have a thing for these people or just like to speak for them?

This has become rhetorical, so enjoy your aids, guys. Way to ruin time trials and start a fire that goes from the lead up. More and more people start using the aids. You've said it yourselves - when the person ahead is doing it, you have to as well. Everyone's times would be slower and that is enough said. The spread wouldn't be what it is and people wouldn't look as good on paper as they really are without the aids. If they're not helping, why were they used by you and the people ahead? Don't need to answer that, as you already have. In several different ways.x

Just going to sum a lot of this thread up here.
The two leading excuses so far:
1) it just makes you more consistent
2) you have to, when the people ahead are

Basically the only response to someone who disputes this:
You wouldn't beat me anyways.

Dislike you? No - how could I, I don't know you.

Disagree with you? Yes.

If you don't like the fact that you can't compete without using aids, you could simply avoid that event. Instead, you come in to the thread, have a massive whine, insult people and then take offense when anyone disagrees with you... hilarous :lol:

Dislike you? No - how could I, I don't know you.

Disagree with you? Yes.

If you don't like the fact that you can't compete without using aids, you could simply avoid that event. Instead, you come in to the thread, have a massive whine, insult people and then take offense when anyone disagrees with you... hilarous :lol:

I didn't say I didn't like the fact I can't compete (lol)...I don't like the fact that they're making it a trend and ruining the seasonal. I couldn't give a damn about putting effort into street car time trials. I just have fun with them and happen to place well. Other than the two Hoosier mentioned, where I didn't have a pedal setup (lol).

I got offended by her BS american comment and then fact that she back pedalled on it, then went off about how great of an American she is. Use your aids and ruin the street car seasonals. At least you keep that crap out of racing seasonals - or rather, they won't boost you up closer to the person ahead.

If they weren't good for something, they wouldn't be used. If SRF was an option, they'd be using that to. Eventually you have to look at it and laugh. Whatever it takes with these sort of low PP seasonals, right? Apparently so.

Enjoy your day everyone.

You're not a dude or man, right?

I don't think whoosier plays the female card at all but, that right there is the difference between her experience and ours.

Not the first time I have read something with a question mark related to her gender. Has anyone questioned your gender? If not than she has a different game experience than we do, as she said.

tumblr_n04ldeOkT11spkqmzo1_400.gif

1408241274218.gif

Haha.

Just going to note that you have several people defending the use of aids at the moment ITT and it only took one one person this afternoon to pull them out of the wood work. The only harped on defense at this point is - you'd get beaten anyways. Wasn't someone speaking of class?

Soupcan - Hoosier JUST DID play the female card. Must be a problem with my computer screen.

Just to reiterate for you ET - me thinking aids are stupid and ruining a TT ≠ me thinking I should be at the top, inherently. Shouldnt even have to spell that out for you.

Last edited:
Just to reiterate for you ET - me thinking aids are stupid and ruining a TT ≠ me thinking I should be at the top, inherently. Shouldnt even have to spell that out for you.
1. Learn how to tag someone @332i
2. Learn proper grammar.
3. Are you seriously suggesting you'd be on top if all aids where banned? Oh man, as my friend @LLOYDZELITE69 use to say: "come at me!"

You have a new challenger, Mitch :lol:

Yea, well, I think I'll let him have the crown. I've learnt my lesson from the last time and don't really care to piss off the very people that have helped me along in the game with their advices and such. Just try and get along with everyone, regardless of their opinions/thoughts.....just gotta respect. 👍

@et_ Yea, I have my moments. :lol: :embarrassed:

My thoughts on the whole aids debate. If its there to use, then use them if you need/want to. If you choose not to use them and most everyone else is, then you have no reason to complain about other people using them and being faster. The only aid I have a problem with is SRF and that's because its so damn unrealistic. That of course is just my humble opinion, feel free to disagree, I don't mind. ;) Have a good one everyone, stay fast. 👍 :cheers:

Yea, well, I think I'll let him have the crown. I've learnt my lesson from the last time and don't really care to piss off the very people that have helped me along in the game with their advices and such. Just try and get along with everyone, regardless of their opinions/thoughts.....just gotta respect. 👍

@et_ Yea, I have my moments. :lol: :embarrassed:

My thoughts on the whole aids debate. If its there to use, then use them if you need/want to. If you choose not to use them and most everyone else is, then you have no reason to complain about other people using them and being faster. The only aid I have a problem with is SRF and that's because its so damn unrealistic. That of course is just my humble opinion, feel free to disagree, I don't mind. ;) Have a good one everyone, stay fast. 👍 :cheers:

👍👍

I pretty much agree with @GTP_CargoRatt regarding the use of driver aids. We all know that being dependant on those driving aids is a recipe for disaster because as soon as an event comes up that doesn't allow them, you're screwed. Just as you all encouraged me to ditch the Driving Line when I first started playing Gran Turismo, I learned that I would be a better driver without it and I am today a better driver as a result.

If someone decides to use driver aids in a Seasonal Event, that doesn't bother me any. As others have suggested in here, turning on Traction Control usually makes me slower, even on a track like Willow Springs Streets of Willow. If the leaderboard for this particular event is filled with people using the driving aids, well good on them for figuring out a way to be fastest around the track (without cheating) while using the driving aids Gran Turismo comes with. I'd say 99% of drivers probably use ABS=1 in the majority of events. How come THAT is okay, but using Traction Control isn't? Oh, because you use ABS=1 it's alright...Gotcha! The preceding comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but it is something I've seen in various different threads here on GTP and it is usually the attitude of people complaining about others using a particular driving aid. Yet, they themselves are using a driving aid (ABS) and they see nothing wrong with that. Hilarious...

My attitude is, use whatever ya want (as long as you're not hacking/modding your vehicle in ANY way) in these events. Should we ban tuning in the seasonal events? Why not? I'm not particularly good at tuning my cars and some people are incredibly adept at tuning vehicles. So, aren't they driving with an unfair advantage over me? Of course not. It's a part of racing. Now, ASM might not exist in real life automotive racing, but PD has decided to invent it for this game. Personally, I choose not to use it. How can I begrudge someone who does? It's a part of the game. If PD didn't want people using it they would deactivate it for certain events just like they do with SRF.

Last, but not least, if you're all up in arms about this particular seasonal event being overrun with driving aid users, I don't think you have much to worry about. I can't remember another event where people were setting Top 10 times with the use of Traction Control and other aids. It will probably be another 9 months before we see another event where driving aids make a positive difference.

I pretty much agree with @GTP_CargoRatt regarding the use of driver aids. We all know that being dependant on those driving aids is a recipe for disaster because as soon as an event comes up that doesn't allow them, you're screwed. Just as you all encouraged me to ditch the Driving Line when I first started playing Gran Turismo, I learned that I would be a better driver without it and I am today a better driver as a result.

If someone decides to use driver aids in a Seasonal Event, that doesn't bother me any. As others have suggested in here, turning on Traction Control usually makes me slower, even on a track like Willow Springs Streets of Willow. If the leaderboard for this particular event is filled with people using the driving aids, well good on them for figuring out a way to be fastest around the track (without cheating) while using the driving aids Gran Turismo comes with. I'd say 99% of drivers probably use ABS=1 in the majority of events. How come THAT is okay, but using Traction Control isn't? Oh, because you use ABS=1 it's alright...Gotcha! The preceding comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but it is something I've seen in various different threads here on GTP and it is usually the attitude of people complaining about others using a particular driving aid. Yet, they themselves are using a driving aid (ABS) and they see nothing wrong with that. Hilarious...

My attitude is, use whatever ya want (as long as you're not hacking/modding your vehicle in ANY way) in these events. Should we ban tuning in the seasonal events? Why not? I'm not particularly good at tuning my cars and some people are incredibly adept at tuning vehicles. So, aren't they driving with an unfair advantage over me? Of course not. It's a part of racing. Now, ASM might not exist in real life automotive racing, but PD has decided to invent it for this game. Personally, I choose not to use it. How can I begrudge someone who does? It's a part of the game. If PD didn't want people using it they would deactivate it for certain events just like they do with SRF.

Last, but not least, if you're all up in arms about this particular seasonal event being overrun with driving aid users, I don't think you have much to worry about. I can't remember another event where people were setting Top 10 times with the use of Traction Control and other aids. It will probably be another 9 months before we see another event where driving aids make a positive difference.

Very well said :bowdown:, you have summed things up quite nicely with this post as far as I'm concerned. 👍 👍

@ALB123 : "ASM" is an extremely common function in all new road cars, however it's not always called that. Usually they call it "ESC" or "DSC". BMW has a button called "DTC" (Dynamic Traction Control), when you press it you turn off the "DTC", but the Antispin (TC) is still on. To turn that off I have to press and hold the DTC button for 3 seconds.

Many manufacturers are working on a system similar to the function of the Active Steering aswell, and if I'm not mistaken, the new Porsche 911 with the electronic steering servo already has it.

Also, this is the 2'nd TT in a row where top times are being set with TC on (the last one at matterhorn was as well), and as you said, that has not happened since... ever. I actually suspect PD changed how the TC work in that latest update.

Other than that I got to say you are spot on in your analysis.:cheers:

Back