Non-Race car Super Lap - Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow

• Thread starter et_
  • 213 comments
Someone just needs to find a better 500pp car than the gsxr. There has got to be one.

If this Caterham had more Power at 500pp then this would be it....it drives better on Willow than the GSX-R with this tune i found....Give it a go....it's only 60,000 credits and its fun :cheers:

Finally!!! A unique Super Lap with no distinctly advantageous car that everyone and their mother uses!

I used a 370Z. Tuned for 500PP CS but slapped on a set of SH and barely cracked Gold with all aids off. I hate Willow. I have all the Suzuki cars I want (including all 3 Cappys) and the GSXR/4 isn't one of them. I ranked 33,xxx and I will not be revisiting this one. Give us a 330PP CH Super Lap.

Oh yeah...I was curious. Highest ranked Nissan is 919th and it's the R390 GT1 Road Car '98. I got to 2455 before I got bored and didn't see a single additional Nissan--let alone a Z.

Had a few hours at this tonight and decided it was time to jump on the Suzuki bandwagon as I was unable to beat my Lotus Elise lap time in any other car I had been bringing to this TT.

Added about 80 miles to the cars odometer with a few stops for tuning adjustments and cups of tea and have now ended this session with a 1:11.260 for pos #64. :D

Last edited:
My second try was a 1:16.445 with the GSXR/4 and WhoosierGirl's tune:)
Then managed a 1:15.792 in another account with same tune but soft suspension.;)
Tried again and got a 1:15.598, not much faster, but i got it.

Today i tried @praiano63 's tune, but did not manage a better time yet.(proof that settings from someone else does not mean you get a better time?)
Combined Praiano's and WhoosierGirl's tune.💡
Used praiano's gearbox settings and engine tuning
whoosierGirl's BB and LSD and change a little at the LSD
used soft suspension and 183kg at -50 with wingdownforce 20 ( could be 200kg)

After playing around for 45 minutes, I managed a 1:14.753,:lol:
Yay, i'm hap.....Wait what? What now?:scared:
Used some alternative cars to get comfortable with the track, without killing my ears listening to the Suzuki :crazy:. Short of the first 2 cars most were just a couple laps.

Miura P400 1:12.9
Garaiya '02 1:13.3
RX500 '70 1:13.5
Ruf 3400s 1:13.6
CZ-3 Tarmac 1:13.9
Dino 246GT 1:13.9
Ferrari 512 1:15.6
Berlinette '99 1:15.9
Honda Odyssey 1:17.2

"MOM!!, MOMMY!!!, She did it again mommy, i don't like girls anymore, snif snif.":ill:

I need a lot of practice and change the way i play the game.;)
Your current avatar? True, so true.Girls can race, and damn fast.:cheers:
Some members used other cars, but that miura P400 time? :ill:, WOW!!
Speechless right now, Don't know what to type. And press reply.

(proof that settings from someone else does not mean you get a better time?)
Well it kind of depends, but mostly it really seems that the actual tune is not makin the car any faster, it just enables you to drive in a certain manner, meaning the car goes more naturally trough a certain corner and there for enables you to be more consistet and you are able to gradually increase your speed trough there. Sometimes I have driven such tunes that are really unstable but it doesn't mean it's slow, sometimes it really feels that harder the car(tune) is to handle the faster it is, problem there is trying to be consistent... So, first find a tune that feels easy, and when it seems you can't push it any further because the track limits, try another tune and see if and what changes, does it take you faster trough a particular corner, or is it just more stable on some part you had difficulties with other tune.

And yeah, I usually go trough many tunes in seasonal TT's and many times I have found myself doing a same time with tunes that look and feel totally different, I think it's just a combination of skill level and basically just what feels good for you.

And of course there's things you can do to the tune to make it a bit faster, sometimes they really won't matter that much, but sometimes (lotus 97t TT for example) a great tune can shave off seconds.

But yeah, it's a real luck we have these fast drivers posting their tunes, and usually there's lots of faster times than mine done with same tune which at least gives a feeling that there's still time on the track, it's just up to you and me to figure out how to get it.

Last edited:
My second try was a 1:16.445 with the GSXR/4 and WhoosierGirl's tune:)
Then managed a 1:15.792 in another account with same tune but soft suspension.;)
Tried again and got a 1:15.598, not much faster, but i got it.

Today i tried @praiano63 's tune, but did not manage a better time yet.(proof that settings from someone else does not mean you get a better time?)

Yay, i'm hap.....Wait what? What now?:scared:

"MOM!!, MOMMY!!!, She did it again mommy, i don't like girls anymore, snif snif.":ill:

I need a lot of practice and change the way i play the game.;)
Your current avatar? True, so true.Girls can race, and damn fast.:cheers:
Some members used other cars, but that miura P400 time? :ill:, WOW!!
Speechless right now, Don't know what to type. And press reply.

That's the setup I used here, just changed the oil and had power at 100% 263hp and weight at 182@3 for a kg/hp of 3.12.
I am not consistant enough here and lack motivation to try changing anything but, it was good for 15th at 1:10.324 a couple days ago.

The Miura is right along side the Scirocco on my favorite cars list

ODB
Well it kind off depends, but mostly it really seems that the actual tune is not makin the car any faster, it just enables you to drive in a certain manner, meaning the car goes more naturally trough a certain corner and there for enables you to be more consistet and you are able to gradually increase your speed trough there. Sometimes I have driven such tunes that are really unstable but it doesn't mean it's slow, sometimes it really feels that harder the car(tune) is to handle the faster it is, problem there is trying to be consistent... So, first find a tune that feels easy, and when it seems you can't push it any further because the track limits, try another tune and see if and what changes, does it take you faster trough a particular corner, or is it just more stable on some part you had difficulties with other tune.

And yeah, I usually go trough many tunes in seasonal TT's and many times I have found myself doing a same time with tunes that look and feel totally different, I think it's just a combination of skill level and basically just what feels good for you.

And of course there's things you can do to the tune to make it a bit faster, sometimes they really won't matter that much, but sometimes (lotus 97t TT for example) a great tune can shave off seconds.

But yeah, it's a real luck we have these fast drivers posting their tunes, and usually there are lots of faster times than mine done with same tune wich at least gives a feeling that there's still time on the track, it's just up to you and me to figure out how to get it.

I like your post, but it actually tells the same in more words what i typed after the line that you put into quote.

That's also the reason why i like it here and registered here.
I learn some more, the gearbox tune from prayano and whoosiergirl feels the same.
My own setting was the standard soft suspension, gives me more grip i a strange way, because i don't (can't) use wheel or thumbsticks yet.
Thanks to these seasonevent topics, i also managed to get gold at the drift from last season events (86GT/BRZ/FR-S and the tuned car drift) with my own simple settings.
It's just awesome that i finally can reach more gold times now, that was different when i did not browse thru these topics.
Thanks to the members that release the tunes to us.

I like your post, but it actually tells the same in more words what i typed after the line that you put into quote.

But there was a question mark :odd: and to be honest I was on a coffee break and had nothing to do so win win :gtpflag:

That's the setup I used here, just changed the oil and had power at 100% 263hp and weight at 182@3 for a kg/hp of 3.12.
I am not consistant enough here and lack motivation to try changing anything but, it was good for 15th at 1:10.324 a couple days ago.

The Miura is right along side the Scirocco on my favorite cars list

And thank you for sharing your tune, I can't say it is the easiest to drive but I'm definitely leaving time on the track :lol:

By the way, did you do something to those gears, or just adjust the final or not even that? Seems like gears effect the handling some...

Last edited:
ODB
But there was a question mark :odd: and to be honest I was on a coffee break and had nothing to do so win win :gtpflag:
Yeah, ehm, that question mark was pointing at me, that the tune did not work 100% for me.
I should be more clear about that, my mistake.:bowdown: :gtpflag:

Gold with 1.19.xxx with a FRS 12 @ 500 PP. No tune, no aids and no wide last corner trick. First time driving this track. I really enjoy it as it is like running a autocross.

Can anyone tries this and tell me what this FRS 12 can do @ 500 PP with NO tune, no aid, and no wide last corner trick? Thanks.

Gold with 1.19.xxx with a FRS 12 @ 500 PP. No tune, no aids and no wide last corner trick. First time driving this track. I really enjoy it as it is like running a autocross.

Can anyone tries this and tell me what this FRS 12 can do @ 500 PP with NO tune, no aid, and no wide last corner trick? Thanks.

1:16.871 no tune, no aids, just weight and power to get to 500pp.
Lap 1 1:16.888, lap 2 red lapped at last corner, lap 3 1:16.871 almost spun on last left.
Probably a 1:15 can be done with practice.

Ran a few laps and best was 1:16.650 in the Spirit R. Definitely going to need to stiffen up the springs and dampers. It was ducking and diving and wagging it's ass all over the track. :lol:

I haven't run this because I was sailing for 5 days when it was released. When my 200% bonus is restored, I'll hit it.

But, I've noticed that nearly all of the top 15 times on the leaderboard used strong steering assist, and many used TC5. Why? None of the 13 people who posted times on my friends list resorted to this. Neither will I. We might be 2-3 seconds behind, but we earned it.

My tune for GSX-R/4 @ SoW.

263bhp 822kg 50:50

Oil change, Body rigidity improvement and custom rear wing.

95/85
7.00/6.00
5/5
4/6
6/7
0/0
-0.02/0.18
Racing Brakes 5/3

LSD 10/10/18

All power upgrades & Triple clutch.
100% power.
No weight reduction.
Ballast 182kg @ -5
DF 20

Trans

FG 4.400
Max speed 112 mph
1: 5.508
2: 4.083
3: 3.450
4: 2.900
5: 2.478
6: 2.113
FG 3.000

Hope it helps a few people out 👍

Last edited:
I haven't run this because I was sailing for 5 days when it was released. When my 200% bonus is restored, I'll hit it.

But, I've noticed that nearly all of the top 15 times on the leaderboard used strong steering assist, and many used TC5. Why? None of the 13 people who posted times on my friends list resorted to this. Neither will I. We might be 2-3 seconds behind, but we earned it.
Active steering? Makes drivin really doll, but this track is just so damn slippery I could see it helping. I have tried AS couple of times to see what it's all about and it's not like a free ticket to a vicktory and I found driving with it quite sterile and booring. Stupid and rather useless feature if you ask me...

And I don't want to sound too negative but it's a kind of bummer if that AS enables faster times... I don't know but I think one could probably tune the car to be really unstable and just let the AS help you to keep it under control... But yeah, what ever rocks ones boat I guess...

And the fact that I won't make it even near top 10 no matter what aids I turn on so I think I'll pass. I mean SRF on and ss tires (only for me of course :D)and I think I would be pretty high up there :lol:

Last edited:

I think it would be kind of wrong to say that you "earned it", implying the others didn't. First of all, it's not like there are no aids in street cars or even racing today. For example, the actual BMW Z4 GT3 has racing ABS, traction control and some kind of racing stability control. Second, the Top10 people are mind-blowingly fast, and they use everything that makes them even 0,01 faster. Try it, use all the helpers they use, and you will still be well behind.

I think it would be kind of wrong to say that you "earned it", implying the others didn't. First of all, it's not like there are no aids in street cars or even racing today. For example, the actual BMW Z4 GT3 has racing ABS, traction control and some kind of racing stability control. Second, the Top10 people are mind-blowingly fast, and they use everything that makes them even 0,01 faster. Try it, use all the helpers they use, and you will still be well behind.
Yeah, on cappucino event here I actually tried to improve my time turning AS on and I didn't even improve one bit, only helped me to be more consistent...

I don't dispute a word of this, except the active steering is probably giving them close to a second. When I've tried it in the past, it was the difference between a clean fast lap, or a fast red lap.

My tune for GSX-R/4 @ SoW.

263bhp 822kg 50:50

Oil change, Body rigidity improvement and custom rear wing.

95/85
7.00/6.00
5/5
4/6
6/7
0/0
-0.02/0.18
Racing Brakes 3/3

LSD 10/10/18

All power upgrades & Triple clutch.
100% power.
No weight reduction.
Ballast 182kg @ -5
DF 20

Trans

FG 4.400
Max speed 112 mph
1: 5.508
2: 4.083
3: 3.450
4: 2.900
5: 2.478
6: 2.113
FG 3.000

Hope it helps a few people out 👍

Thanks for the tune! I can't keep control of the rear under braking with that brake balance though!

Looks like you've got the fastest time without use of active steering, so its obvs working for you!Wish I could see a replay of your lap, I can't figure where I'm losing 2 &1/2 seconds (can't be bothered with the wide entry at the start of the lap for now, but I doubt that accounts for much more than half a second.)

Thanks for the tune! I can't keep control of the rear under braking with that brake balance.

Looks like you've got the fastest time without use of active steering, so its obvs working for you!Wish I could see a replay of your lap, I can't figure where I'm losing 2 &1/2 seconds (can't be bothered with the wide entry at the start of the lap, but I doubt that accounts for much more than half a second.

Thanks mate! 👍

There is a little brake and acc overlay to control the rear end under braking ;).

The sweeping right is where I seem to lose my friends blue lines....you might want to see if you can lose the back end......in a controlled fashion.....at this point :lol:.

Edit: when I say 'lose the back end' I don't mean drift...just a little extra rotation 👍.

Last edited:
The same technique used to remove your friends blue lines can be used to change what aids were used on a lap.
If you follow a ghost that has TC5 and they maintain the same speed as your TC0 you can be fairly sure TC5 was not used.

The same technique used to remove your friends blue lines can be used to change what aids were used on a lap.
If you follow a ghost that has TC5 and they maintain the same speed as your TC0 you can be fairly sure TC5 was not used.
WOW, I did'nt know this! it expains a few things tbh!

Are you saying people could use active steering or ABS and hide it before registering the lap? If so, is that common knowledge? I hope not.

Are you saying people could use active steering or ABS and hide it before registering the lap? If so, is that common knowledge? I hope not.

Yes, all of it. I don't know if it's common knowledge but, I found out by accident when my wheel became unhooked and my time registered as a DS3.

Thanks mate! 👍

There is a little brake and acc overlay to control the rear end under braking ;).

To be honest I didn't get trough the turn 1 on your tune, I gave it something like 5 to 10 tries and went back to woosier tune :lol: I think I'll give it a new try, seems like I had already forgotten I should apply some acceleration when the tail gets out of control under braking...

Do you guys have some sort of braking point for turn 1? I mean it really seems to me that I should do the braking here in two sections, full brake just before the crest, then open brakes for millisecond then hard on the brakes again, it's just quite hard to be too consistent there and it's really getting on my nerves :lol: but yeah, this track... It's like I'm really carefully feeling my way trough the track, like driving on ice on really narrow circuit where all the driving lines seems to be hidden or do not even exist :lol: it may also be that the guys who designed this track didn't have the Suzuki GSX in their mind :lol:

Last edited:
Back