Non-Race car Super Lap - Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow

• Thread starter et_
  • 213 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
2 600pp.jpg

*thanks to GRANKUSTOM for the picture.:)

Rankings Registration: 28/08/2014 – 11/09/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 28/08/2014 – 25/09/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC

Eligible Cars:
Categories: Normal Car.

Entry Requirements:
PP: 500 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less.
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted.

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 60,000
Silver: Cr. 30,000
Bronze: Cr. 15,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT GREY 002-N paint chip. (previously GT GUNMETAL 006-W, PD changed the reward.)

Target Time:
Gold: 1:20.000
Silver: 1:23.000
Bronze: 1:30.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
Track Length: 2,675 m
Time of day: 18:00
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 - C-ZETA, tweaked by Badger66

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 - et_

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 - SW__10

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 - nExx (setup seen at the end of the video)

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 - Bowtie-muscle (not tued for this event)

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 - WhoosierGirl (not tued for this event)

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 - CRANK_U1 (not tued for this event)

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 - praiano63 (not tued for this event)

Honda HSC '03 - praiano63 (not tued for this event)

Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05 - CyKosis1973 (not tued for this event)

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
Seriously?! 600PP non-racecars again! I'm getting tired of those cars. There's no room on streets either for them to stretch out the legs. Looks like a Gold and done for me on these TTs.

Set a 1:18.777 with a detuned crossbow. My position is 31st so far. That car is not easy to push but it still handles nicely with sport hards on.

Seriously?! 600PP non-racecars again! I'm getting tired of those cars. There's no room on streets either for them to stretch out the legs. Looks like a Gold and done for me on these TTs.

It actually 500 pp lilcat89.

Fair enough. When I saw 600pp again, I went a bit off. I can live with 500pp.
yeah, sorry about that, I just assumed it was 600PP as that is what is written in the top of the image PD published...

PD are lazy, only 2 paint chips this time for all 4 events.

I don't think I've done more than 5 laps on the Streets of Willow course before doing this TT. I don't know why. It's a decent little technical course, but I digress. I did about 5-6 laps, just flying off just about every corner because I have no idea what I'm doing on this course yet...and then I finally said "just take it nice and easy and stay on the pavement." 1:17.823 (260th place! Yay! haha) for Gold. I have a feeling some of you guys are going to set some insanely low times if you put in the effort. Although, I'm sure most of you will be gunning for the Silverstone low time. That's where I'm headed now... Good luck everyone!

I tired this race in my '72 Alpine A110 but could only barely manage a silver. Then I remembered seeing a Suzuki GSX-R/4 in another thread about favorite cars in GT6 and gave it a try. An oil change put it right at 499PP. Just a couple of laps and I recorded a 1:16.740. Gold is 1:20, so I really felt good about that. I rarely get golds. For a short while I was ranked 105 in the world. It's been an hour or so and I just checked: I'm up to 177 in the world.

I really think Suzuki missed an opportunity by not marketing the GSX-R/4 as a track toy. Look at the success of the Ariel Atom, Light Rocket, KTM X-Box, BAC Mono and Caterham Super 7 which has been around for decades. Actually, now that I look at that list, that would make a great race series: track toys. Just need the Ariel and the BAC. Get on it, Kaz.

Meh, disappointing selection this round.

Need some fixed car TT to stop the same old PPT supercars turning up.

Okay, i tried it.
I tried @WhoosierGirl 's tuning from mount panorama, and got a 1:17.396 and no.543 world rank at my very first run.
Then i tried my own simple settings and 1 pp less then previous setting, 1st try i made a brake mistake and overshot a corner.press start and again.
2nd try and calm i did a 1:16.445 and 334 on the world rank list.
Nice track, i know were the corners are and when the car tries to break out.
Yay, gunmetal 006-w....Wait what? gunmetal? Another dark one? IEUWWW.

Last edited:
et_

PD are lazy? More like apathetic, complacent, lackadaisical, etc. (the list goes on) More interested in ice bucket challenges (yes, I know it's for a good cause) than bringing some life back into GT6. 👎 Same ol' same ol'...

Thanks for doing these threads, et! 👍

et_
yeah, sorry about that, I just assumed it was 600PP as that is what is written in the top of the image PD published...

I have four different paint chips for the four different events, anyone else? The OP says GT GUNMETAL 006-W paint chip, but I got GT GREY 002-N for this TT.

I have four different paint chips for the four different events, anyone else? The OP says GT GUNMETAL 006-W paint chip, but I got GT GREY 002-N for this TT.
Yes, I know. I just dont have time to fix it right now.

My intent was not to correct you, thought maybe I was special and getting different colors than everyone else, lol.
No, its just PD messing with us, not writing the correct stuff in the first place, they even uploaded an image that stated a 600PP limit on this at first (they fixed it now)

Wow, that is very odd, dddsprayshop! Something is definitely up. BTW et_ (I don't know how to tag/highlight the names) thank you for taking the time to make these seasonal posts!

Didn't want to use the GSX so I went with my Tesla Roadster with stage 3 weight reduction, did it first attempt - was quite good fun to drive too.

Back