Not a SIM

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 380 comments
You want to know why I’m not as quick as some?

I will tell you before you head to the ignore list, my ASD has an affect on my fine motor skills, none of which however affects my mind and ability to understand vehicle dynamics.

Carry on with your unproven ableist assumptions.

So then don't try to demonstrate things that way.
A proper comparison in that subject needs to be close to the example compared to.

You can't understand vehicle dynamics but you are always undervaluing others like they have no idea about handling and physics, like you have always the absolute truth...

Last edited:
Ahum...

[Personal attacks and insults while making those points undermine the point themselves and reveal a lack of character.]

Screenshot_20200903_142240_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200903_142240_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200825_215500_com.discord.jpg

So what goes for one doesn't go for another?
Or do only regulars have the right to personal attacks?

Ahum...

[Personal attacks and insults while making those points undermine the point themselves and reveal a lack of character.]

View attachment 954902 View attachment 954902 View attachment 954903

So what goes for one doesn't go for another?
Or do only regulars have the right to personal attacks?
How is a direct quote a personal attack?

Then again you could just use the report button, I did and then simply put the person on my ignore list.

That said, people who live in glass houses and all that.

It’s also odd the number of other studios that have managed to do exactly what SMS claim to be unable to manage in a pandemic. Codies got a full media and creator event managed and marketed around the Playground feature, Milestone have posted regular and detailed videos and updates on Ride 4, KT managed the same with WRC9?

Last edited:
How is a direct quote a personal attack?

Then again you could just use the report button, I did and then simply put the person on my ignore list.

That said, people who live in glass houses and all that.

Comedy gold?
While what i stated was proven to be true... That conversation lead into all kinds of insults.
Telling me to take it private.
How is that different?
I put that SMS screenshot in the thread but all the accusers kept quiet.
Admitting you're wrong is only human and won't cause you to lose face... At least not in a way some tried to do to me.

Comedy gold?
While what i stated was proven to be true... That conversation lead into all kinds of insults.
Telling me to take it private.
How is that different?
I put that SMS screenshot in the thread but all the accusers kept quiet.
Admitting you're wrong is only human and won't cause you to lose face... At least not in a way some tried to do to me.
Admit I was wrong about what?

Ive just given you three examples of how devs worked around the pandemic, excuses about it being hard don’t make it impossible. Nor am I responsible for the actions of others, I repeat (for the final time), if you think I or others have broken the AUP then do what I have done, use the report button.

So then don't try to demonstrate things that way.
A proper comparison in that subject needs to be close to the example compared to.

You can't understand vehicle dynamics but you are always undervaluing others like they have no idea about handling and physics, like you have always the absolute truth...

He probably understands more about vehicle dynamics than everyone else in this thread put together.

As you have shown absolutely zero to counter the claims and support your truth, you've quoted David Perel as a source, well which of his 109 videos do you want me to watch, excluding the 70 or so about Gran Turismo Sport, which falls some way short of all of the sims that have been spoken about.

@Konan personally I'm struggling to see the relevance of your screenshots in this conversation? Is there something to do with sim physics in there? Anything contributing to this?

Similar is not the same, so no you can’t quote me saying it.

Similar means to be alike, but not identical. PC2 and AC tire models are not even similar.

You being Staff and calling me out for being a mod from a different forum is wrong and bringing up a pm. Especially, when I am bringing up a 100% valid points. You are having to continue on post after post trying to defend yourself.

As, I initially pointed out in the pm(btw). I am not going to keep going back and forth. I didn't start this and I attempt to end it. Maybe with some real videos as soon as my internet is restored.

BTW, just because I am a mod at the official forum. I wouldn't be a mod or support a game which I thought was garbage. But, I will point out the flaws which I find in every sim. PC1 had its issues. PC2 had some issues, but very good overall. PC3 has issues, but the tire modeling is better.

Similar means to be alike, but not identical. PC2 and AC tire models are not even similar.

You being Staff and calling me out for being a mod from a different forum is wrong and bringing up a pm. Especially, when I am bringing up a 100% valid points. You are having to continue on post after post trying to defend yourself.

As, I initially pointed out in the pm(btw). I am not going to keep going back and forth. I didn't start this and I attempt to end it. Maybe with some real videos as soon as my internet is restored.

BTW, just because I am a mod at the official forum. I wouldn't be a mod or support a game which I thought was garbage. But, I will point out the flaws which I find in every sim. PC1 had its issues. PC2 had some issues, but very good overall. PC3 has issues, but the tire modeling is better.
And I disagree that they are not even similar, I ask you (repeatedly) to supply an example I can try, you’ve not done so for unknown reasons. That’s not to mention you miss quoting me.

I posted some of my old examples, they were ignored.

As such I don’t really see you offering anything to support your claim beside ‘because I say so’, sorry if that’s not a standard I’m just going to blindly accept.

Admit I was wrong about what?

Ive just given you three examples of how devs worked around the pandemic, excuses about it being hard don’t make it impossible. Nor am I responsible for the actions of others, I repeat (for the final time), if you think I or others have broken the AUP then do what I have done, use the report button.

You really like running around in circles don't you?
The quote you posted was about me saying Covid19 or holidays might cause for delays,you said it was comedy gold,at the discord itself you asked if it was a joke...
I posted a screenshot proving i was right but it got ignored by anyone involved,including you,which shows me you are a person unwilling to admit you're wrong...
How other devs worked around it has nothing to do with the point you ridiculed me about the fact i said that SMS devs had issues due to the virus...
I don't even care about the AUP,i do care however that nothing was said to rectify the insults i have taken for only trying to be helpful.

I've not had a go on AMS1, but would not agree in regard to AC, I find them quite similar to PC2. In fact, I've likened PC2 and AC in that regard, in that the vehicle behaviour is similar, but like the difference between driving one on Pirelli and the other on Conti's (as an analogy).

@Konan personally I'm struggling to see the relevance of your screenshots in this conversation? Is there something to do with sim physics in there? Anything contributing to this?

I'm answering because of someone stating that personal insults show lack of character and mean nothing without evidence...I showed the personal insult and added the evidence.
My point being that it's ok for some to give personal insults but having to receive some is out of the question?
The subject is irrelevant,standards should be the same for everyone...

The quote you posted was about me saying Covid19 or holidays might cause for delays,you said it was comedy gold,at the discord itself you asked if it was a joke...
I posted a screenshot proving i was right but it got ignored by anyone involved,including you,which shows me you are a person unwilling to admit you're wrong...
How other devs worked around it has nothing to do with the point you ridiculed me about the fact i said that SMS devs had issues due to the virus...
I don't even care about the AUP,i do care however that nothing was said to rectify the insults i have taken for only trying to be helpful.

I dont see how that's a personal attack. More like a far fetched excuse being called out considering other developers were managing fine and the PC3 marketing as a whole was completely awful.

@GTsimms Similar is not the same as the same.

Thats a mouthful.

I'm answering because of someone stating that personal insults show lack of character and mean nothing without evidence...I showed the personal insult and added the evidence.
My point being that it's ok for some to give personal insults but having to receive some is out of the question?
The subject is irrelevant,standards should be the same for everyone...

I must have missed the personal insults from him then. Again, your quotes don't show what I would consider to be insults.

I know you and the other pCars forum mod have reason to be defensive of the game and the devs but its getting borderline silly now. You can't silence critics here like you can there. Be it relating to the physics or advertising or whatever.

pCars 3 as a sim has some massive deficiencies that put it a long way behind other games in the driving dynamics and driving simulation areas. This cannot be disputed or denied. Its absolutely plain and obvious.

I dont see how that's a personal attack. More like a far fetched excuse being called out considering other developers were managing fine and the PC3 marketing as a whole was completely awful.

@GTsimms Similar is not the same as the same.

Thats a mouthful.

I must have missed the personal insults from him then. Again, your quotes don't show what I would consider to be insults.

I know you and the other pCars forum mod have reason to be defensive of the game and the devs but its getting borderline silly now. You can't silence critics here like you can there. Be it relating to the physics or advertising or whatever.

pCars 3 as a sim has some massive deficiencies that put it a long way behind other games in the driving dynamics and driving simulation areas. This cannot be disputed or denied. Its absolutely plain and obvious.

I don't recall asking you to interfere did i?
I'm sure Scaff is a big enough man to defend himself?
Didn't i just post a screenshot to explain why marketing didn't go as they wanted to?
I really don't care how other devs managed to do so,i don't even care why SMS didn't manage to do so...But being ridiculed for giving a legitimate reason and still not admitting he was wrong for calling it "a joke" or it being "solid gold" proves enough to me...I don't know which planet you grew up on but on Earth that is considered a personal attack.

He probably understands more about vehicle dynamics than everyone else in this thread put together.

As you have shown absolutely zero to counter the claims and support your truth, you've quoted David Perel as a source, well which of his 109 videos do you want me to watch, excluding the 70 or so about Gran Turismo Sport, which falls some way short of all of the sims that have been spoken about.

I haven't to demonstrate any truth. I post my test comparing handling and references by myself and you can agree or not.

Each one drives in a different way and some will find most realistic some details than others.

I'm not talking about the whole sim/game, for me ACC has not rival in a whole as sim, but it seems than nobody other than Scaff can appreciate sim details in other games... what is really absurd.

Please, please, please:banghead:

I BEG you all for a cease fire.

Do you not realize there are so many bigger problems than what you are squabbling about?

This is turning gtplanet into another forums site whose name I won't even mention.

I incessantly refresh these forums in between work appointments because it makes me happy and I need as many tips and tricks and help as I can get.

I'm aware that nobody cares what I think but as an outside observer this has devolved into chaos.

If you choose to keep the fight going can you, at least, make a separate thread? :)

Peace:cheers: :gtpflag:

It’s still not a personal insult and it’s still a direct quote and it’s still an amusingly poor excuse for something almost every other development studio managed to work around.

Similar is still not the same, repeating it will not change that.

Didn't i just post a screenshot to explain why marketing didn't go as they wanted to?
I really don't care how other devs managed to do so,i don't even care why SMS didn't manage to do so...But being ridiculed for giving a legitimate reason and still not admitting he was wrong for calling it "a joke" or it being "solid gold" proves enough to me...I don't know which planet you grew up on but on Earth that is considered a personal attack.
I think you just forgot which forum you’re on, members don’t have to ask permission to reply to posts here at GT Planet.

Another two for the ignore list, you guys do a stand up job of representing SMS and Codemasters!

So, this "NOT a sim" is definitely not for me. I have pCar and pCars2 and that is enough.

It’s still not a personal insult and it’s still a direct quote and it’s still an amusingly poor excuse for something almost every other development studio managed to work around.

Similar is still not the same, repeating it will not change that.

I think you just forgot which forum you’re on, members don’t have to ask permission to reply to posts here at GT Planet.

Another two for the ignore list, you guys do a stand up job of representing SMS and Codemasters!

Man,you are just being pathetic now...So you're saying you can call anyone anything you want? And you've been a moderator?
Dude...you accused me for using the forum as an echo chamber more than once...look who's doing it now...

To be fair, Scaff didn't even attack the marketing as a whole with his so called "insult".

A hotlap video got released some 3 months or so into the whole covid situation with the statement that they'll be releasing a hotlap video every week from now on. Then, a week later and no new video, when asked why there isn't a new video as announced, covid and holidays are given as excuse. Apparently that excuse was meant for the marketing as a whole, but the question was about the hotlap video.

To some extent i share the sentiment that this is comedy gold or in other words a bit of a joke. To take this as an insult though seems rather ridiculous to me.

Anyway, carry on. I'm back to lurking.

To be fair, Scaff didn't even attack the marketing as a whole with his so called "insult".

A hotlap video got released some 3 months or so into the whole covid situation with the statement that they'll be releasing a hotlap video every week from now on. Then, a week later and no new video, when asked why there isn't a new video as announced, covid and holidays are given as excuse. Apparently that excuse was meant for the marketing as a whole, but the question was about the hotlap video.

To some extent i share the sentiment that this is comedy gold or in other words a bit of a joke. To take this as an insult though seems rather ridiculous to me.

It's not only his remark i'm talking about,but what it lead into..."me needing a holiday",general mod behavior on the forum,...I was ridiculed fullstop.
So in fact my reputation was slandered.
Here's another "joke" for ya...if marketing was affected,do you really think the rest was not?
I'm betting they had other priorities than to release another gameplay video at that time...

Gentlemen, you do realize that winning an argument on an anonymous internet forum gains you nothing, right?

Now, I don't know enough about racing, be it real life racing or video game sim racing, to determine who's right and who's wrong. But, I do find it interesting that many boisterous arguments are being made with no video evidence.

While I'm markedly against this back-and-forth nonsense, I must say that, at least, @Scaff presents video evidence when he makes a point.

In my line of work (actually, this is a truth in all life) saying a thing does not make the thing so. Saying that thing over and over and over again still does not make the thing so. Personal attacks and insults while making those points undermine the point themselves and reveal a lack of character.

At a certain point one has to wonder why you continue to go back and forth publicly as opposed to taking this argument to private chat.

Yes, I am well aware of the "ignore" feature but I'd rather not use it. If I ignore 3 different people who know a lot about racing games then I'm the one who loses because I get a lot of knowledge from you guys.

Please, I implore you to end this.
That's rigid thinking! :lol:

I dont recall needing permission to engage in discussion on a discussion forum.

So, this "NOT a sim" is definitely not for me. I have pCar and pCars2 and that is enough.

Yeah pretty much. If you were hoping for it to be a sim it will let you down there. However, I will caveat that with the game is still fun to play, it's very Forza like in its structure and despite not being as sim as pc2 and ACC it is still above GTS and Forza in this regard. So the game can be very good depending on your personal expectation and what you want from you racing games. Project Cars was definitely the wrong name for it. For all their talk of simulation and physics, the game is this way by design.

I dont recall needing permission to engage in discussion on a discussion forum.

Yeah pretty much. If you were hoping for it to be a sim it will let you down there. However, I will caveat that with the game is still fun to play, it's very Forza like in its structure and despite not being as sim as pc2 and ACC it is still above GTS and Forza in this regard. So the game can be very good depending on your personal expectation and what you want from you racing games. Project Cars was definitely the wrong name for it. For all their talk of simulation and physics, the game is this way by design.
Quite agree, still an enjoyable title regardless of the change of direction, poor marketing and current bugs.

Please, please, please:banghead:

I BEG you all for a cease fire.

Do you not realize there are so many bigger problems than what you are squabbling about?

This is turning gtplanet into another forums site whose name I won't even mention.

I incessantly refresh these forums in between work appointments because it makes me happy and I need as many tips and tricks and help as I can get.

I'm aware that nobody cares what I think but as an outside observer this has devolved into chaos.

If you choose to keep the fight going can you, at least, make a separate thread? :)

Peace:cheers: :gtpflag:

To be fair,i get most tips and tricks from this forum and share them on the pCARS forum and Discord.
My aim is not to cause any issues but to get former issues (which i care deeply about) out of the way so no grudges remain...don't know about Scaff holding a grudge against me but i surely hold one against him.For the reasons i stated before...
I did nothing wrong with the statement i made but got ridiculed for it,many members joined and afterwards when i showed evidence to prove i was right it was kept in complete silence.
So excuse me for being somewhat repetitive but what i have done does not justify the treatment i got...

It's not only his remark i'm talking about,but what it lead into..."me needing a holiday",general mod behavior on the forum,...I was ridiculed fullstop.
So in fact my reputation was slandered.
Here's another "joke" for ya...if marketing was affected,do you really think the rest was not?
I'm betting they had other priorities than to release another gameplay video at that time...

Marketing sells games, the sad thing for SMS is in their lack of marketing and clear direction and output m, the discussion forums, negative tweets, etc did all the marketing for them, and not in the way they will have wanted. SMS as a whole have been ridiculed, you chose to be a vessel of that and you end up in the firing line or frustration and other things besides. Their excuses, while plausible, come undone in the face of what other devs have done, many smaller and many larger devs.

I'm sure their other priorities would have consisted of bug testing, performance testing etc so they could release a game thay doesn't have a million issues on various platforms?

Yeah that part still makes my head hurt its like WHAT? So no one from the dev team has a pc at home that can run there own game and record a hotlap to post on youtube so lets make a excuse like it was covid fault that i couldn't turn my pc on and record a 2 minute video at home to post on youtube. :rolleyes:

Marketing sells games, the sad thing for SMS is in their lack of marketing and clear direction and output m, the discussion forums, negative tweets, etc did all the marketing for them, and not in the way they will have wanted. SMS as a whole have been ridiculed, you chose to be a vessel of that and you end up in the firing line or frustration and other things besides. Their excuses, while plausible, come undone in the face of what other devs have done, many smaller and many larger devs.

I'm sure their other priorities would have consisted of bug testing, performance testing etc so they could release a game thay doesn't have a million issues on various platforms?
One example that still blows my mind is that GT Planet never got a review copy (@Famine mentioned it), despite being the largest sim racing forum on the planet and being packed with people from what has to be one of the target audiences, GT Sport players.

Of course I don't think only marketing was affected, Konan, but that's totally besides the point. If they had other priorities than releasing gameplay videos, maybe they shouldn't have announced weekly videos a few days prior. Or simply have some backup plan, the pandemic was hardly news at that time and a quick hotlap shouldn't take too much time or editing skills.

But what's done is done. Or to say it in orange, it is what it is.

One example that still blows my mind is that GT Planet never got a review copy (@Famine mentioned it), despite being the largest sim racing forum on the planet and being packed with people from what has to be one of the target audiences, GT Sport players.

Really?
After all the bad comments over here you were really expecting a review copy?
That really shows how dumb you think SMS are...

Back