Notification of Maintenance 18/06/2014

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132 comments
Rage mode is becoming less and less justifiable. At the current rate content is being released, I'm not calling anything a "broken promise" quite yet.

Community features in January and Zahara track in February come to mind..........things we still don't have and those are things we could actually make use of, unlike the GPS visualizer or random hot lap challenges.

I'm sure a large number of people didn't play GT Academy, and of those that did, I'm sure not everyone got gold. I played against people online that did not know how to get it.

I guess that's possible, but it only took me 3 laps to get gold and I'm certainly no ace. :dunce: I'd imagine the car will likely become available now that GTA is finished, but who knows.

Community features in January and Zahara track in February come to mind..........things we still don't have and those are things we could actually make use of, unlike the GPS visualizer or random hot lap challenges.

I guess that's possible, but it only took me 3 laps to get gold and I'm certainly no ace. :dunce: I'd imagine the car will likely become available now that GTA is finished, but who knows.

Patience is a virtue.
Now that GT5 is offline, and GTA is all but over, I believe it's only a matter of time before we get our content. Zahara looked reasonably close to completion in January, so I imagine we will get that first.

Patience is a virtue.
Now that GT5 is offline, and GTA is all but over, I believe it's only a matter of time before we get our content. Zahara looked reasonably close to completion in January, so I imagine we will get that first.

All fine and good, and I used to say the same thing. But at this point most of the casual players have shelved or sold the game and moved on to the next thing so it's getting very hard to find people to race with. By the time they finally get around to releasing all this good stuff........"Hey guys, we finally added the course maker and a bunch of new cars and tracks and great community features that will make it fun and easy to find races with your friends!! Guys?! Guys???"

weeds.gif

that's possible, but it only took me 3 laps to get gold and I'm certainly no ace. :dunce: I'd imagine the car will likely become available now that GTA is finished, but who knows.

It took me about 60 attempts to get gold, I've got a wheel and 15 years of GT under my belt... but to be honest, that's not so much the point I was making - casual GT players will not have known the car was even available. Imagine for a second you don't follow GTP or any particular gaming sites... much of what comes to GT will either be missed, or a surprise!

I did not create expectations around this update because I already like volkswagen VGT But it would be very, very good if the track editor showed up to the party.
Now seriously, PD I want the track editor. I miss me created tracks that were awesome to drift because they are very wide and that allowed me to drift at great speed. Make it happen PD.

Last edited:
I'm sure a large number of people didn't play GT Academy, and of those that did, I'm sure not everyone got gold. I played against people online that did not know how to get it.
While I understand your point, I think that car should remain as a gift for getting gold in the academy tests. Otherwise what's the point of completing them? Of course I'm speaking from the perspective of someone nowhere near talented enough to be a GTA finalist.

- casual GT players will not have known the car was even available. Imagine for a second you don't follow GTP or any particular gaming sites... much of what comes to GT will either be missed, or a surprise!

Which bolsters the point I made above, most of those people will have already been bored with this game months ago and moved on. So I'd imagine they've already missed most of the new stuff we have received. If this was some special car, maybe I could understand, but it's just another GT-R and we already have several versions that are pretty much the same thing.

While I understand your point, I think that car should remain as a gift for getting gold in the academy tests. Otherwise what's the point of completing them?

Well that's a different question, but once the competition closes are people still able to do this?

Which bolsters the point I made above, most of those people will have already been bored with this game months ago and moved on. So I'd imagine they've already missed most of the new stuff we have received. If this was some special car, maybe I could understand, but it's just another GT-R and we already have several versions that are pretty much the same thing.

I've not moved on from GT since its inception, but I can go a couple of weeks without even turning my TV on, let alone the PS3. I spend about 50 times more time on GTP than GT6

Sorry posted before I finished, and I can't edit from my phone...

All I'm saying is that prize cars are one thing if they can be earned indefinitely, but narrow windows of opportunity will make people annoyed. I've misses GTA rounds before whilst I've been away on business.

Well that's a different question, but once the competition closes are people still able to do this?
GT Academy is not accessible after the deadline is reached. I think it was open for over a month, so there was plenty of time to run some laps.

It is special to some people just because of the livery. Also, there was a large number of people who were at a clear disadvantage in trying to get Gold to acquire the car because they were using a DS3. You have to look at the big picture here and all the aspects involved (skill level, controller used, time to invest in the event, etc), its just not a case of people moving on who missed out on the car, its also about those who were using a DS3 that were really having trouble at getting Gold. Just because it only took you 3 laps to achieve Gold doesn't make that the benchmark for everyone. You say you're mediocre, well there are a lot of others below that skill set who weren't able to get Gold for the car, don't forget about them. I personally see nothing wrong in making the car available for everyone to enjoy, but then again, I didn't think of the car as some ultimate prize or status symbol. :)

Last edited:
It is special to some people just because of the livery. Also, there was a large number of people who were at a clear disadvantage in trying to get Gold to acquire the car because they were using a DS3. You have to look at the big picture here and all the aspects involved (skill level, controller used, time to invest in the event, etc), its just not a case of people moving on who missed out on the car, its also about those who were using a DS3 that were really having trouble at getting Gold.

I can sympathize with that. But I don't think that's justification for someone to yell at the Internetz about how pissed they are because they didn't get a car with some stickers on it.

I can sympathize with that. But I don't think that's justification for someone to yell at the Internetz about how pissed they are because they didn't get a car with some stickers on it.

Its just frustration/disappointment or whatever, ignore it and move on. 👍

GT Academy is not accessible after the deadline is reached. I think it was open for over a month, so there was plenty of time to run some laps.

Car was for the last round only, which became live 15 days ago. Summer holiday anyone... too bad, you missed out.

While I understand your point, I think that car should remain as a gift for getting gold in the academy tests. Otherwise what's the point of completing them? Of course I'm speaking from the perspective of someone nowhere near talented enough to be a GTA finalist.
Same point as earning the VGT's. You got it free!
I just didn't really have the time to put some laps into it after finding out it was a prize.
I would still like it...Really hope they add it to be purchased.

It is special to some people just because of the livery. Also, there was a large number of people who were at a clear disadvantage in trying to get Gold to acquire the car because they were using a DS3. You have to look at the big picture here and all the aspects involved (skill level, controller used, time to invest in the event, etc), its just not a case of people moving on who missed out on the car, its also about those who were using a DS3 that were really having trouble at getting Gold. Just because it only took you 3 laps to achieve Gold doesn't make that the benchmark for everyone. You say you're mediocre, well there are a lot of others below that skill set who weren't able to get Gold for the car, don't forget about them. I personally see nothing wrong in making the car available for everyone to enjoy, but then again, I didn't think of the car as some ultimate prize or status symbol. :)

Not being readily availabe to the masses is what makes it special. Why should one persons prize be marginalized because someone else didn't put forth the time or effort?

It is special to some people just because of the livery. Also, there was a large number of people who were at a clear disadvantage in trying to get Gold to acquire the car because they were using a DS3. You have to look at the big picture here and all the aspects involved (skill level, controller used, time to invest in the event, etc), its just not a case of people moving on who missed out on the car, its also about those who were using a DS3 that were really having trouble at getting Gold.
Gold was absolutely, 100% possible with a DS3.
Finishing in the Top 10? That's another thing, but let's not exaggerate. If a person cannot get pretty close to Gold with a DS3, a wheel isn't going to suddenly get them 3 seconds without a lot of practice. The idea of controlling loss of grip is the same whether it be a DS3 or wheel.

Not being readily availabe to the masses is what makes it special. Why should one persons prize be marginalized because someone else didn't put forth the time or effort?[/quote]

Like I said, it was not all about not putting in the time and effort. DS3 users were at a clear disadvantage in this event, it was very difficult for them. I know more than a few people who put in a great deal of effort but because they were using a DS3, it was very difficult for them and never achieved Gold, even with a great effort.

People really need to get off their elitist perch when it comes to this car. Its not like its some grand status symbol or something, its just a car you got for obtaining Gold. Others tried and could not get it for whatever reason, I see nothing wrong with making it available to everyone.

@crowhop You make me laugh. You bolded part of my post and you still got it wrong. I never said it was impossible, I said that the DS3 users were at a disadvantage, making it more difficult for them. Some gave a great effort and were still unable to achieve Gold, due to their skill level. But they did try. I am not exaggerating in the slightest as I never said it was impossible. You also have to remember, we are dealing with different levels of skill here. Also, I never said anything about a wheel going to get anyone 3 seconds, but it is going to be easier with one for most people.

Last edited:
Like I said, it was not all about not putting in the time and effort. DS3 users were at a clear disadvantage in this event, it was very difficult for them. I know more than a few people who put in a great deal of effort but because they were using a DS3, it was very difficult for them and never achieved Gold, even with a great effort.

People really need to get off their elitist perch when it comes to this car. Its not like its some grand status symbol or something, its just a car you got for obtaining Gold. Others tried and could not get it for whatever reason, I see nothing wrong with making it available to everyone.
I'm sure it'll be in GT7.

@crowhop You make me laugh. You bolded part of my post and you still got it wrong. I never said it was impossible, I said that the DS3 users were at a disadvantage, making it more difficult for them. Some gave a great effort and were still unable to achieve Gold, due to their skill level. But they did try. I am not exaggerating in the slightest as I never said it was impossible. You also have to remember, we are dealing with different levels of skill here. Also, I never said anything about a wheel going to get anyone 3 seconds, but it is going to be easier with one for most people.

Being at a disadvantage makes it even more about time and effort. That's what makes it more "exclusive." They had to work twice as hard for it. It's a "badge of honor."

Of course I've always loathed the everyone gets a medal mentality so.....

Not being readily availabe to the masses is what makes it special. Why should one persons prize be marginalized because someone else didn't put forth the time or effort?

In a two week window? During many younger players exams (Or Older players getting away for summer before the kids invade everywhere)? For an event whose prize is out of the reach of all but 0.000001%, that's token prize car was not publicized? I'm not against prize only cars, but people need half a chance.

In a two week window? During many younger players exams (Or Older players getting away for summer before the kids invade everywhere)? For an event whose prize is out of the reach of all but 0.000001%, that's token prize car was not publicized? I'm not against prize only cars, but people need half a chance.

:lol:

Ok den.

Is that a millionth of a percent?

Being at a disadvantage makes it even more about time and effort. That's what makes it more "exclusive." They had to work twice as hard for it. It's a "badge of honor."

Of course I've always loathed the everyone gets a medal mentality so.....

True, and I would agree if this was a prize for say....those that were finalists or something like that(a more significant accomplishment), but we're only talking about Gold here in the event. Not a big deal to achieve (I would hardly call it a badge of honor. :rolleyes:) for the majority I agree. But there were those that gave it an honest effort and still were unable to do it. To me, the car means nothing really and I will probably never even drive it. But there are those who would just like to have the car for whatever reason, and I see no problem with that. At any rate, I'm done here, I stated my case and have nothing further to say. Peace.

P.S. I personally think the car should have been given for Bronze. That way most everyone could have gotten the car just for at least making a lap and participating. I think maybe that would have been a happy medium in my opinion. Ok, now I'm done. :lol:

Last edited:
By the time they finally get around to releasing all this good stuff........"Hey guys, we finally added the course maker and a bunch of new cars and tracks and great community features that will make it fun and easy to find races with your friends!! Guys?! Guys???"
My guess is that by the time PD releases stuff such as course maker and community features most people who care about sim racers will be too busy playing Project Cars on PS4 and won't pay much attention to GT6 on PS3.

Back