Notification of Maintenance 18/06/2014

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132 comments
Update is 598 MB. (2 MB short from being 600 MB)

Expect "undocumented changes, VW VGT, seasonal events, update 1.09, etc" thread. I would like to know any if that though.

After over 3k miles with a ds3,Best lap 2:21.xx.Two hours on my cousins wheel 2:18.xx (THE DIFFERENCE WAS HUGE!) Especially never having used a wheel before also did anyone notice how many golded this event with a ds3 and they're placement?:boggled:
That's very interesting indeed, specially considering that it goes against what crowhop has said. I'd definitely like to get a wheel, but just don't have the space for it.

That's very interesting indeed, specially considering that it goes against what crowhop has said. I'd definitely like to get a wheel, but just don't have the space for it.

FWIW, a wheel is worth it for the pleasure alone, I'd have given up on GT by now if I hadn't bought mine (despite the average laptimes and spins every other lap :D), so I'd do it if you can find a way.

The controllers input smoothing is beneficial in some situations, but high speed kinks can be problematic (hence the issues at Eau Rouge) - don't underestimate the benefit of being able to go from lock to lock in the blink of an eye, and have the game only give you as much lock as you need when you do it - it's much more exhausting trying to do it on a wheel!

"GT6 is designed to be modular and updateable" my ENTIRE arse.

I can install multiple whole games on PC in less time than it takes GT6 to install one small update. It is...ridiculous. I have never owned any other games that are so slow to install updates. What can it possibly be doing for all that time?

FWIW, a wheel is worth it for the pleasure alone, I'd have given up on GT by now if I hadn't bought mine (despite the average laptimes and spins every other lap :D), so I'd do it if you can find a way.

The controllers input smoothing is beneficial in some situations, but high speed kinks can be problematic (hence the issues at Eau Rouge) - don't underestimate the benefit of being able to go from lock to lock in the blink of an eye, and have the game only give you as much lock as you need when you do it - it's much more exhausting trying to do it on a wheel!
Some friends I used to race with would often complain about how tired they were after a race, specially on twisty tracks.

Some friends I used to race with would often complain about how tired they were after a race, specially on twisty tracks.
You truly do build up some degree of stamina. Even if you're in decent shape, it is "different". Now I can race for hours on end with no noticeable effect.

Are those friends twigs? That's got to be a exaggeration.
I'm serious, but of course it wasn't after every single race. Hard fought races on twisty tracks would generally spark a few comments of arms being tired and or being drenched in sweat. The only experience I have of using a wheel was during the '90s while playing Daytona USA at the arcades. I liked it a lot.

Back