NTSC Championship S3 - Round 1 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 92 comments

What combo do you want for Round 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
John Denver, eh?

Team WAT is saving all musical interludes for if/when we win anything. :sly:

Start times for round 1 recieved. 👍

Hi all, Earth,

LAST MINUTE ALERT!!!

My firm just told me today that I have to go to London next week to provide my expertise at a 3-day conference about transition plans following a recent merger between 2 major banks. That already rules out my participation in Round 1, my OrangeR Cup debut, for which I have been working so hard in the off-season... Turning in 1'58.xx with ease.. :)

However the consequences of this could prove dramatic for the future of my season and for Scuderia M&Ms. Indeed, I have planned to leave the USA and return to my native France at the end of July (of course the people at work don't know, otherwise I doubt they would be paying close to 5,000 USD for this trip - 1st class last minute flight, expensive hotel in the heart of London... I thought this was a time of crisis?? :lol:
Anyway, I've been looking into options to have my PS3 and racing wheel shipped over to follow me (I'll already be waaay overweight without it, plus I'll be taking my bike with me as well...), but all the options I found were prohibitively expensive (would be a better deal to sell the PS3 here and buy a new one in France!).

With that in mind, this unplanned trip to London is like a benediction, because sister lives there, and I can pack 2 huge suitcases already now to leave to her. And, unfortunately, I must come to the conclusion that including the PS3 in that lot with the wheel makes a lot of sense. The sunny days are back and I'd rather take full advantage of New York City for my last few weeks, rather than be tempted to lazily turn on the PS3 every other night... And I'd save the cost of shipping it.. And GT5 doesn't seem to be coming out any time soon..

Anyway I could ramble on, trying to convince myself, but what this means is that I may have to retire from the NTSC championship. :( If I do this, I won't play this season, and then I'll leave the US.
Just in case, has any of you tried to ship something the size of a PS3 overseas, for a reasonable price? Anything that would make me come back on my decision? :)

I'm really kind of sad, I was looking forward to this season with full grids and in the top division. :nervous:

Last edited:
Argghhh...I'll see ya guys tonight. Unfortunately I crippled myself yesterday during work :dunce:...so I'll be the one handed man tonight :lol: I put a nice gash in the webbing between my thumb and index finger with a peice of stainless steel...pretty nasty because the ligament is clearly visible if I extend my thumb a bit. :crazy:

Anyways, hope to have some great races with the Orange R guys tonight. BBR FTW! :sly:

Apparently nobody cares :-) but this was just to confirm that I am in London and my Playstation too, which means I am regretfully retiring from the NTSC championship series. I wish you all good luck, I had a lot of fun racing with all of you and wish it would have lasted one more season!

Hope you have a good race tonight.

Car colors are there mainly to differentiate team from team

If a team or driver uses the same color as a one, two or three car team then there may be confusion

So I respectfully ask if B-Ras, Mr.Grandorifito and Heli-Eric can choose a different color? (OrangeR chose orange 2 hours before Heli-Eric chose Orange)

What im trying to say is once a team picks a color, nobody else should pick the same color, whether it be another team or a single driver.

If a single driver picks a color no team should pick that color

What color? ....color of the car or the team?

I will be there tonight clacksman! I will try and give you a race, but i doubt it! Anyways i'm there to have fun, first or last doesn't matter! Just need to get off my butt a get a router, so i could talk with you guys!! Everybody just have fun!:sly:👍

I see 5 or 6 guys that have a great chance of winning in Clubman. Only 12 cars... should be a great race. Will probably come down to starting position and who makes the least amout of mistakes. Yuo guys should try and record the races in both series. Good Luck Guys. Long live NTSC, lol.

UPS came today, and did not have my PS3..its a no go for me tonight. It is tracking from Atlanta last night at 3 am. So its prob in South Florida! Tomorrow!

Sorry Team CEL

Last edited:
Only 12 cars... should be a great race.

Sounds like Clubman will be a bit short of all 12. :(

Ah well, I can only lose to those who do show up.

👍

also, @ timeattack07gt, MajorMilou, Chadwicksracing, CerealKiller: That sucks.

Last edited:
Argghhh...I'll see ya guys tonight. Unfortunately I crippled myself yesterday during work :dunce:...so I'll be the one handed man tonight :lol: I put a nice gash in the webbing between my thumb and index finger with a peice of stainless steel...pretty nasty because the ligament is clearly visible if I extend my thumb a bit. :crazy:

Anyways, hope to have some great races with the Orange R guys tonight. BBR FTW! :sly:

ahhhhhh sucks man! i havent had my disc in the ps3 in over a week- i hope i can get within 2 seconds of my best. maybe me and you can be the safety cars in the back. :(

carl, its up to you sir 👍

ahhhhhh sucks man! i havent had my disc in the ps3 in over a week- i hope i can get within 2 seconds of my best. maybe me and you can be the safety cars in the back. :(

carl, its up to you sir 👍

Adversity...hmmm...alright

Team BBR doesn't shy away from adversity, it embraces it.

It eats adversity in bite size nuggets--for breakfast

Just like this guy:

chuck_norris.jpg

:lol:

Well, I'm practicing now, in a yellow Vette, also known as a pylon because I'm so slow. I'm having trouble breaking 2 minutes. I think I'm in serious trouble.

Last edited:
I hope tonight's racing will be very good.

Agreed. 👍

Question: Is the gtplanet chat mandatory or just recommended? I ask due to my PC not being beside my PS3. And, I think some can't PC and PS3 simultaneously.

I've started an XMB text chat for the Clubman Cup drivers, I'll invite all I have on my Flist to it.

Agreed. 👍

I've started an XMB text chat for the Clubman Cup drivers, I'll invite all I have on my Flist to it.

great idea, 1 suggestion though... during the matching period- no texting. I feel Failed matches happen more when you talk while matching. may or may not be true, but why risk it.

during the matching period- no texting. I feel Failed matches happen more when you talk while matching. may or may not be true, but why risk it.

I'm on top of that, I just put 'in' or similar, then close and wait.

great idea, 1 suggestion though... during the matching period- no texting. I feel Failed matches happen more when you talk while matching. may or may not be true, but why risk it.

We can use the GTP live chat...

Well, I'm practicing now, in a yellow Vette, also known as a pylon because I'm so slow. I'm having trouble breaking 2 minutes. I think I'm in serious trouble.

Don't sweat it man, maybe we'll have some good races. I can break 2 mins but not by much and not consistently.

First Race:
I was dead last, and don't know how any one else did, but I was racing with:
snakegt40, GTP_FLASH48, and Jerseyboy85ss

Second Race:
1 clacksman
2 GTP_FLASH48
3 GTP_TwistyBits
4 SupaaKink
5 Jerseyboy85ss
6 snakegt40
7 GTP_GODZILLA (me)

Third Race:
Not only last, but angry. I hate the Corvette, and Suzuka is really troubling me. Can't wait till we get a real car and a good track. I switched to record keeping mode for the last lap, so here's the standings:

1 clacksman
2 SupaaKink
3 GTP_TwistyBits
4 Jerseyboy85ss
5 GTP_FLASH48
6 snakegt40
7 GTP_GODZILLA (me again!)

Connection issues marred the Clubman Cup event tonight, the same few drivers got split into separate groups. I never saw CerealKinner, EERS4YEARS, SupraAddict and probably more. :(
I did manage to finish up front in all 3 and got as complete results as were possible. * denotes loper.

Race 1:
JerseyBoy85ss
clacksman
SupaaKink
GTP_FLASH48
snakegt40
sansname*
GTP_GODZILLA

Race 2:
clacksman
GTP_FLASH48
GTP_TwistyBits
SupaaKink
JerseyBoy85ss
snakegt40
patanoargentina*
GTP_GODZILLA

Race 3:
clacksman
SupaaKink
GTP_TwistyBits
JerseyBoy85ss
GTP_FLASH48
snakegt40
GTP_GODZILLA

Thanks to all who came out tonight, and Earth for organizing.👍
Team WAT will be in the proper red next week, whatever the car is.

OrangeR Cup:

Disastrous races overall.

1st race: DC'ed after 2 laps
2nd race: 1st (only raced with timeattack07gt)
3rd race: 9th

Back