NTSC Championship S3 - Round 1 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 92 comments

What combo do you want for Round 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here are the finish orders that I saw for OrangeR tonight:

Race 1
EL_ZISSOU
DK
Cuda
Timeattack
Ham
Lin
CANES
Carl
Mkay (disconnected?)

Race 2a
DK
Lin
CANES
Cuda
EL_ZISSOU
Ham (disconnected?)

Race 2b
Mkay
Timeattack

Race 3
EL_ZISSOU
DK
Lin
Timeattack
Ham
Carl
Cuda
CANES
Mkay

Please feel free to dispute if I didn't capture something correctly.

Thanks!

No wonder I had no real competition during the races tonight.
I finished first in all three races pretty much uncontested
What happens when this happens?

Race 1: 1st
Race 2: 1st
Race 3: 1st

Last edited:
4 or 5 of us from Clubman failed to match the first time all three races, whoever GT was picking for host we couldn't connect to. This affected at least EERS, SupraAddict, Windfire1010, and myself, as well as TwistyBits in the first race.

My Results:

Round 1: 6th overall, 5th of GTP I think, right behind SupraAddict, probably last of all GTP'ers. I know EERS/Wind/Twisty were all infront, not sure what order, and one guy in a viper that was non-GTP.

Round 2: 5th just in front of SupraAddict, I think two non-GTP vipers infront of me. (sansname one of them), so 3rd of GTP.

Round 3: 3rd overall and of GTP, behind Wind in first and EERS in second.

5 th first race(?)

missed second race due to PSN troubles (maintenance)

5th third race

NTSC Clubman Cup - Round 1
Race 1 5th
Race 2 6th
Race 3 6th

Thanks goes out to Clacksman 👍,Nce tune for the Bowtie :)

LP, thanks for posting, i think you have my positions correct.

hats off to DK- you, sir, are a classy fellow. its one thing to be one of the fastest, but your race ethic last night was absolutely brilliant. to have both those qualities is a very rare thing, and you are a prime example. :cheers:

thanks everyone for the races. until next time...

kim-jong-il.jpg

This is the finish order for the first Clubman race I was in last night. Clacksman's earlier listing for the other two races I was in look correct to me.

Race 1:
Windfire1010
GTP_TwistyBits
EERS4YEARS
GTP_SuprAddict
GTP_CerealKiller

LP, thanks for posting, i think you have my positions correct.

hats off to DK- you, sir, are a classy fellow. its one thing to be one of the fastest, but your race ethic last night was absolutely brilliant. to have both those qualities is a very rare thing, and you are a prime example. :cheers:

thanks everyone for the races. until next time...

👍 its always a toss up between us zissou, too bad the 2nd and 3rd races were decided by other factors, otherwise it was great racing.

Im gonna make a suggestion that in round 2 we require 1 pit stop. Since the front straight is so long, and drafting is over exaggerated, I feel that this might be the best option for seperating the fast from the slow, AND 1 pit stop will also cause a lot less crazy pass attempts thus cleaner racing...

Im gonna make a suggestion that in round 2 we require 1 pit stop. Since the front straight is so long, and drafting is over exaggerated, I feel that this might be the best option for seperating the fast from the slow, AND 1 pit stop will also cause a lot less crazy pass attempts thus cleaner racing...

I would love to have a pit stop within a online race. However, the game doesn't support a pit stop. Thus making it impossible to regulate if each competitor is going pit lane speed. It would make it impossible for me or Earth to know if someone cheated and went 10 over pit speed. So you see where we have a problem there. When GT5 comes out, I am all for pit stops, but other than that, we will have to deal with what GT5P's infrastructure supports.

Great finishes everyone. I hope soon I will have my data base of racing statistics finished so we can track our success.

EDIT: PS3 is back! I got a refurbished 60 gig model!

I would love to have a pit stop within a online race. However, the game doesn't support a pit stop. Thus making it impossible to regulate if each competitor is going pit lane speed. It would make it impossible for me or Earth to know if someone cheated and went 10 over pit speed. So you see where we have a problem there. When GT5 comes out, I am all for pit stops, but other than that, we will have to deal with what GT5P's infrastructure supports.

Well there is still a constant variable, the 5 sec penalty. Also I feel I can trust everyone enough to stay below the white line and not smash the walls. Daytona 200 motorcycle race, in the past, never had a pit road speed...

I have no hard feeling not doing one, but the point you gave not to do 1 is not valid in my eyes, but like I said, its just a suggestion.

Well there is still a constant variable, the 5 sec penalty. Also I feel I can trust everyone enough to stay below the white line and not smash the walls. Daytona 200 motorcycle race, in the past, never had a pit road speed...

I have no hard feeling not doing one, but the point you gave not to do 1 is not valid in my eyes, but like I said, its just a suggestion.

It is a good suggestion, but it couldn't be controlled, because even after a 5 sec penalty you can speed off at full throttle. And what you are talking about isn't even a pit stop. It is a pass thru in pit lane.

An idea like this could be based on good faith, but there is always one person who will push it. Thus creating an unfair advantage to the other racers. Earth nor I can't control that.

My point is valid mate.

It is a good suggestion, but it couldn't be controlled, because even after a 5 sec penalty you can speed off at full throttle. And what you are talking about isn't even a pit stop. It is a pass thru in pit lane.

An idea like this could be based on good faith, but there is always one person who will push it. Thus creating an unfair advantage to the other racers. Earth nor I can't control that.

My point is valid mate.

I've participated in a PAL event with a drive-through. It was kinda fun and no big deal. A pit speed limit is sort of new. In the good old days of Indy, in the early seventies, they didn't have one. It's really a safety precaution for crew in the pit lane, and since we don't have any crews... we can just consider it part of the course. It does tend to help if you have traffic ahead, although at Fuji the straight is so long you can often get by with the draft. It adds a little touch of strategery to the race. Just my opinion, I'm not running this series (my thanks to those who are 👍 )

Last edited:
I've participated in a PAL event with a drive-through. It was kinda fun and no big deal.

I haven't done any pit stops or drive-throughs in GT5P.
I wonder, if we all do a drive-through isn't it just the same race as if we all don't?
Other than, we volunteer to get closer to punters by doing the drive-through.
I just don't see any benefit to them, other than different for the sake of different.

I haven't done any pit stops or drive-throughs in GT5P.
I wonder, if we all do a drive-through isn't it just the same race as if we all don't?
Other than, we volunteer to get closer to punters by doing the drive-through.
I just don't see any benefit to them, other than different for the sake of different.

The drive-through is also useful if you blow the last corner, whether it's your fault or a punters. And, you can actually use it to get out of sync with a punter, if you happen to not be driving the fastest car for the event.

The drive-through is also useful if you blow the last corner, whether it's your fault or a punters.

Hmm. EERS mentioned to me that a pit could be used to get a competitor out of your draft, that's another angle.

What about drinking a beer after the 1st lap on the start/finish line? That would make things interesting, except kink-a-dink isnt of age... ah, he drinks root beer, lol.

There is a mandated 20 second delayed start for each race. That is our way of getting away from the punters. As for the draft being too strong: I apologize, however that is apart of the game and its physics. This game is not designed for pit stops or pass thru's. In order to be fair and legitimate to all drivers in each series, we must not have any pit lane pass thru's or pit stops at this time.

This is something for the future, and believe me, I want it as much as you guys do. Tire wear, mech failures, gas and go's...I want it all. Bring on GT5!

I hope you all understand the reasoning.

There is a mandated 20 second delayed start for each race. That is our way of getting away from the punters. As for the draft being too strong: I apologize, however that is apart of the game and its physics. This game is not designed for pit stops or pass thru's. In order to be fair and legitimate to all drivers in each series, we must not have any pit lane pass thru's or pit stops at this time.

This is something for the future, and believe me, I want it as much as you guys do. Tire wear, mech failures, gas and go's...I want it all. Bring on GT5!

I hope you all understand the reasoning.

I really don't see how having, or not having drive-throughs affects the fairness of a race. Sure someone may try to not drive through, but unless you're way behind, or way ahead, someone's gonna notice. Besides, we're all straight up individuals. 👍 I do think it added a little something to the one event I participated in. But, I'm easy, and if there're no pit stops that's fine.

Also, with regard to the 20 second delayed start, I'd just like to mention that the PAL guys discussed this recently for an event and decided it was not a good idea because other racers and especially clubs, found it to be elitist, and gave a bad image to GTPers. In NTSC there're fewer other clubs, but there are a few. Getting off, then back on at the start (to stay clear of the other racers) doesn't work all that well if you have to go into the grass and happen come out less than 10 secs before your go time, because of the pick-up. I'm cool with however you decide to run the start though.

The pit pass through would be very difficult if you use the RoC or GTP Event rules - we had 9 guys in a race last night and since we all must pit on different laps and before lap 10 that could make for some very interesting outcomes. I saw 6 car groupings in our first race and that's really difficult to then guess when you can or can't pit.

i raced with some guys a few months back who ran a "sucker free race" meaning that there was no drafting on the front strait. made the racing much more fun in my opinion. but i was fast there, not so much with this group.

b

The pit pass through would be very difficult if you use the RoC or GTP Event rules - we had 9 guys in a race last night and since we all must pit on different laps and before lap 10 that could make for some very interesting outcomes. I saw 6 car groupings in our first race and that's really difficult to then guess when you can or can't pit.

I dont think anyone suggested everyone pitting on seperate laps. If we all went to the pits on the same lap, and stayed below the white line, it would break up the group some.

The only valid point to NOT do this is some people have teams and others dont. If 2 guys coordinate their pit passes together and keep their draft together, they will be faster inevitably.

The 20 sec wait at fuji 550 with odd start times will be.... no point, only guys we are racing with will start the race.

Again, Ill be happy either way.

The only valid point to NOT do this is some people have teams and others dont. If 2 guys coordinate their pit passes together and keep their draft together, they will be faster inevitably.

Faster potentially.

I ran in my teammates' draft on Tuesday for ... 3 laps, and that's being generous. It might have been just one lap.
Much easier to say 'pit on lap x together' than actually accomplish that.

Sorry for taking so long to update everything. Compiling all the results took a very long time...

OrangeR Cup Results

orangeRresultsround1.jpg

Clubman Cup Results

Clubmanresultsround1S3pt1.jpg

Clubmanresultsround1S3pt2.jpg

Back