Number of Wheel users vs Controller users Poll

  • Thread starter Thread starter thevo
  • 68 comments
  • 10,215 views

Do you use a wheel or controller?


  • Total voters
    354
Controller. I'm 16, in Grade 11 and without a job. I don't have the space or the money to invest in a wheel setup. Especially since the only T.V I play on is our living room T.V.
 
Controller user here, with X to accelerate and O to brake. As I'm disabled, I can't reach the triggers well enough.
 
Judging by the number of aliens I see in the daily races, I'd say there's a lot of wheel users.
 
Controller and with the D-pad for steering too instead of the analog sticks. I can't justify the purchase of a$300+ wheel and some equally expensive cockpit set up.
 
Needs the 3rd option of "Both" :). I voted wheel (have the G29), but sometimes I use the pad if I'm lazy to set up the wheel :D

You speak the truth! 👍

I use Thrustmaster T100 I won a couple of years ago when I put together my setup for Sport Mode and controller for single-player/GT League play.
 
Qyn
DS4 for now. Sitting here looking at my boxed up T150 Pro, but can't set it up :banghead: Wheel stand arrives tomorrow :D

Haha, was in the same place! Bought a playseat challenge, all set now :)
 
DS4. I never got my seat and pedal setup to my liking. I'm below average and play for fun anyway.
 
Still controller on this game had my G29 wheel since mid December still waiting for a stand to be delivered.....
 
Ds4 using motion steer. I don't think we at this forum represent gts players in general. At least 70 % is using ds4 i think
 
Controller at the moment ..

IR
 
Ive bought a g29 just to play gtsport but when im lazy I just play using ps vita remote play.
 
Wheel on a wheel stand pro. It goes in the corner and you can sit on anything and it works. Chair, couch, toilet. Plus I put it away when I want.
 
Controller, too lazy to set my wheel up. Plus I got to S rank with the controller. My arms are sore enough from driving my RX-7 without power steering, parking that thing is a hassle!
 
Controller but will be transitioning to a steering wheel soon.
 
Started off with a controller until GT5 when I got a Driving Force GT and clamped it to my desk. Nice introduction and made me see the benefits of a Wheel. Slowly upgraded and now have a G29 in a GT Omega ART cockpit for GT: Sport.
 
I use both because the steering wheel settings are non existent..how can you release a £700 steering wheel and have no settings on the game to set it up
 
Both depending on my mood. When I do use my DS4, it’s always with Motion control.
 
Both. The last few weeks I've mainly been on DS4 due to the other half giving me 5 minutes before the start of the FIA races to get ready.

Tonight though it's just me, GT Sport & a G29
 
Only just got a t150 pro and having technical difficulties. Technically, I'm having difficulty adjusting. I'll probably be both as I've already found hanging the arse out is a bit more fiddly with a wheel.
 
Both. DS4 for a quick blast or to set some zippy laptimes against my friends and for messing about with liveries. G29 for something a bit more immersive.
 
Wheel user here.
Bought a G25 and Wheelstand Pro for GT5 Prologue, after which I told myself I would never race with a controller again.
Switched to a T500 RS and a Playseat Evolution when switching to PS4.
 
Controller for now. Old G25 is collecting dust :(
Got a racing seat but need to get a new wheel sometime to go with that lol.
 
Here's what I use:

41hYpLTFYzL.jpg
 
Back