Poll: What kind of input device do you use to play GT Sport?

What kind of input device do you use to play GT Sport?

• Total voters
I used to use a Nacon Revolution Pro controller, but unfortunately it broke and I came back to the normal DS4.
I just don't have enough space in my room for a wheel setup, so I try to do the best I can with the controller.

I've picked the DS4 simply for the amount of usage I've had driving with it in GTS, but I do occasionally jump on the G29 when I get the chance (clearly not enough though, my lap times are rubbish :lol:)

I play with a controller. It's worked perfectly fine for me the last 20 years and I don't feel the need to switch to a wheel.
It's not practical either; I'd have to get a rig and that would mean setting up in a new room.
That would most likely end up costing me a small fortune and I have better things to spend my money on.

Been doing the two-stick method since they first appeared.

I want to get a wheel setup but want to wait until I can afford the full on Fanatec setup. Now I just need to convince she-who-must-be-obeyed that dropping a grand plus on a video game is a good idea. Also have to come up with a grand plus...

I play with a controller. It's worked perfectly fine for me the last 20 years and I don't feel the need to switch to a wheel.
It's not practical either; I'd have to get a rig and that would mean setting up in a new room.
That would most likely end up costing me a small fortune and I have better things to spend my money on.
You don't absolutely have to do that. I made a wooden frame to screw the pedals to, it's a rectangular shape. That wooden frame rests against the skirting board, and two wheels of my standard office type chair go over the rear piece of wood. I sized it exactly so there's no sideways wobble with the wheels inside the frame. That prevents the chair from being pushed away from the pedals when I press on the pedals. I use the wheel with a desk clamp. It can all be put away when not in use. I used it all at the same desk I'm sitting at now, switching the screen input between PC and console.

However, it is a pain getting it out and putting it away each time, I'll admit that, and that has caused me to move the pedals and wheel to another desk where I can leave them set up all the time. And the office chair isn't ideal because it does recline a little even when "locked", so I am looking to set something better up. There's a lot to be said for the simplicity of a controller.

T300 GTE to drive online. DS4 for offline and all the other stuff (liveries and photos ofc).

I use my DS4 for about 90% of my driving in GTS despite having a Thrustmaster T300RS with Ferrari F1 Add-on. In GTS I hop between races, photo mode and the livery editor so it is handy.

For Assetto Corsa it is exclusively the wheel.

T500, still get beaten by players on pad :(

I had a G29 for 3 days, and after 5 or 6h, I had the feeling I would take at least a month or two to reach my DS4 level, and more importantly, it did not feel at all like an actual wheel and it was not fun either. I sent it back.

I don't know about the T500, but I don't understand how people can enjoy driving on the G29, it felt so off

Dead zone/angle, constant FFB, lack of configurability... The direction of the Mégane R.S. Trophy felt heavier/slower (in game) than the only non-powered steering vehicle I ever drove (IRL) and it was an old van loaded over 2 tons...

Logitech Driving Force GT with adapter. Might switch to a G29 eventually but for now there is no reason for me to.

I don;t think you'll get a true result with this poll though since I think GT Planet would have more wheel users in general. I think the more serious players, who mostly use wheels, would visit the forum regularly while the casual DS4 players who probably don't even know Gt Planet exists obviously don't come here.

The direction of the Mégane R.S. Trophy felt heavier/slower (in game) than the only non-powered steering vehicle I ever drove (IRL) and it was an old van loaded over 2 tons...

Depending on how close to launch you had the wheel, this actually makes sense. When the game first came out, FF cars were much faster on the Controller through tight corners and hairpins. As I recall this was addressed in the first physics update.

As for the rest of your post I can’t relate. I love my G29, it feels just right to me. I transitioned to a wheel way back on GT5, so I know it does take awhile, even weeks, to be decent with it. But the juice is worth the squeeze. I could never go back to a controller.

Depending on how close to launch you had the wheel, this actually makes sense. When the game first came out, FF cars were much faster on the Controller through tight corners and hairpins. As I recall this was addressed in the first physics update.

As for the rest of your post I can’t relate. I love my G29, it feels just right to me. I transitioned to a wheel way back on GT5, so I know it does take awhile, even weeks, to be decent with it. But the juice is worth the squeeze. I could never go back to a controller.

I started in mid february this year and I had the G29 in late february.

I also wondered whether I had a defective G29 but seeing some post of people saying it took them weeks to get used to the feeling kinda confirmed the problem was not my specific wheel.

I think my main problem is that I was expecting something that feels like a real wheel. And it doesn't. The one thing that was particularly noticeable was how you need to countersteer before it even slides, and how unnatural it felt. Obviously I'm not used to countersteer in real life, but the few times I drove a car on snow, on dirt, or the numerous times I drove a kart made me expect that countersteering would feel wayyy different/more natural.

I have a G29 but I'm also holding tight until PS5 to weigh up the upgrade options, but am planning on the Fanatec route.

PS5 will be a while though still... they‘ve announced that the game will be cross compatible so it would make no sense at all to not make PS4 hardware cross compatible. But sure, who‘s to say for sure...

Back