Poll: What kind of input device do you use to play GT Sport?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Majorwolf72, May 19, 2019.

?

What kind of input device do you use to play GT Sport?

1. PS4 Controller or commercial variants

34.7%
  2. Wheel: Logitech

26.5%
  3. Wheel: Thrustmaster

25.3%
  4. Wheel: Fanatec

13.5%
  1. Majorwolf72

Majorwolf72

I‘ve long wondered about the ratio of controller pad vs. wheel and the brand distribution within the „wheel community“...

Qyn and Pigems like this.
  2. Pigems

Pigems

T300RS GT here. :)

Qyn likes this.
  3. Lukanyon

Lukanyon

I used to use a Nacon Revolution Pro controller, but unfortunately it broke and I came back to the normal DS4.
    I just don't have enough space in my room for a wheel setup, so I try to do the best I can with the controller.

Qyn likes this.
  4. mobilmasher

mobilmasher

G29

Qyn likes this.
  5. LaSupra

LaSupra

I've picked the DS4 simply for the amount of usage I've had driving with it in GTS, but I do occasionally jump on the G29 when I get the chance (clearly not enough though, my lap times are rubbish :lol:)

Qyn and crooky369 like this.
  6. MortosDer

MortosDer

Ds4 tilt Controls. Bought the game specifically because I wanted to try them. I'll never play a racing game with sticks again. I want a wheel eventually

Qyn, Marcobzzcs, sirjim73 and 2 others like this.
  7. Gtsport28

Gtsport28

T150

8. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Three out of the four options. Fanatec is the only one I don't have.

9. Vegard

Vegard

I play with a controller. It's worked perfectly fine for me the last 20 years and I don't feel the need to switch to a wheel.
    It's not practical either; I'd have to get a rig and that would mean setting up in a new room.
    That would most likely end up costing me a small fortune and I have better things to spend my money on.

Project_Crimson likes this.
  10. GaLbaNoryes

GaLbaNoryes

I'm getting a wheel eventually, but right now DS4 with motion controls.

11. Lgirasol

Lgirasol

Been doing the two-stick method since they first appeared.

I want to get a wheel setup but want to wait until I can afford the full on Fanatec setup. Now I just need to convince she-who-must-be-obeyed that dropping a grand plus on a video game is a good idea. Also have to come up with a grand plus...

12. breeminator

breeminator

You don't absolutely have to do that. I made a wooden frame to screw the pedals to, it's a rectangular shape. That wooden frame rests against the skirting board, and two wheels of my standard office type chair go over the rear piece of wood. I sized it exactly so there's no sideways wobble with the wheels inside the frame. That prevents the chair from being pushed away from the pedals when I press on the pedals. I use the wheel with a desk clamp. It can all be put away when not in use. I used it all at the same desk I'm sitting at now, switching the screen input between PC and console.

However, it is a pain getting it out and putting it away each time, I'll admit that, and that has caused me to move the pedals and wheel to another desk where I can leave them set up all the time. And the office chair isn't ideal because it does recline a little even when "locked", so I am looking to set something better up. There's a lot to be said for the simplicity of a controller.

13. Majorwolf72

Majorwolf72

Bump. We need more votes here :lol:

14. Leggacy

Leggacy

T500, still get beaten by players on pad :(

15. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

T300 GTE to drive online. DS4 for offline and all the other stuff (liveries and photos ofc).

16. tariklehaine

tariklehaine

G29

17. ZiltoidRacer

ZiltoidRacer

I have a poorly Thrustmaster T150 pro but have a new wheel on it's way tomorrow. :)

18. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I use my DS4 for about 90% of my driving in GTS despite having a Thrustmaster T300RS with Ferrari F1 Add-on. In GTS I hop between races, photo mode and the livery editor so it is handy.

For Assetto Corsa it is exclusively the wheel.

19. I-Runner

I-Runner

I'm forced to use the DS4 ..

IR

20. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

G27 with Brooke PS3/PS4 adapter in use here...with minor functionality issues :dopey::tup:

21. DamienBlack

DamienBlack

I use a CSL Elite. I will upgrade to Fanatec Podium if its compatible to the PS5 when it releases.

60% Wheel, 40% DS4, interesting...

Majorwolf72 likes this.
  22. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

I use the T300 GTE for all my racing games apart from the arcade ones.

23. Barry R

Barry R

T300 with 599 FXX wheel :)

24. action4jaxon

action4jaxon

Fanatec CSL Elite with Clubsport Formula V1 and CSP V3.

25. watto79

watto79

I have a G29 but I'm also holding tight until PS5 to weigh up the upgrade options, but am planning on the Fanatec route.

26. gtpierre

gtpierre

I had a G29 for 3 days, and after 5 or 6h, I had the feeling I would take at least a month or two to reach my DS4 level, and more importantly, it did not feel at all like an actual wheel and it was not fun either. I sent it back.

I don't know about the T500, but I don't understand how people can enjoy driving on the G29, it felt so off

Dead zone/angle, constant FFB, lack of configurability... The direction of the Mégane R.S. Trophy felt heavier/slower (in game) than the only non-powered steering vehicle I ever drove (IRL) and it was an old van loaded over 2 tons...

27. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

Logitech Driving Force GT with adapter. Might switch to a G29 eventually but for now there is no reason for me to.

I don;t think you'll get a true result with this poll though since I think GT Planet would have more wheel users in general. I think the more serious players, who mostly use wheels, would visit the forum regularly while the casual DS4 players who probably don't even know Gt Planet exists obviously don't come here.

fastone371 and Pigems like this.
  28. ARTAsean

ARTAsean

Depending on how close to launch you had the wheel, this actually makes sense. When the game first came out, FF cars were much faster on the Controller through tight corners and hairpins. As I recall this was addressed in the first physics update.

As for the rest of your post I can’t relate. I love my G29, it feels just right to me. I transitioned to a wheel way back on GT5, so I know it does take awhile, even weeks, to be decent with it. But the juice is worth the squeeze. I could never go back to a controller.

29. gtpierre

gtpierre

I started in mid february this year and I had the G29 in late february.

I also wondered whether I had a defective G29 but seeing some post of people saying it took them weeks to get used to the feeling kinda confirmed the problem was not my specific wheel.

I think my main problem is that I was expecting something that feels like a real wheel. And it doesn't. The one thing that was particularly noticeable was how you need to countersteer before it even slides, and how unnatural it felt. Obviously I'm not used to countersteer in real life, but the few times I drove a car on snow, on dirt, or the numerous times I drove a kart made me expect that countersteering would feel wayyy different/more natural.

30. Majorwolf72

Majorwolf72

PS5 will be a while though still... they‘ve announced that the game will be cross compatible so it would make no sense at all to not make PS4 hardware cross compatible. But sure, who‘s to say for sure...