Nurburgring Hamilton Reference Lap

At 45:45 on the video he does say, "very, very nice line" in very plain English. :D

That's why I said that... they forgot to cut that thing, donno if you noticed, but most times Kaz is commenting on what they two were doing as if he is watching it over again. And I presume that they did talk in English, except here and there.

So, said it before, not a LH "fan"...
Just watched the entire 45min video... I'll never give up my love for Alonso, but, I now have a new outlook on Lewis...
ok... I'm starting to like him... he's kinda infectious...
I always thought he was too much a "punk" (flat-biller/hip-hop/globe trotter), and that his media statements were just a little too honest and humble... thought it was an act.
But having watched this, and listened to his self assessments and reactions to good work, and slips... I no longer think it's an act.
I don't want to warm to him, but darn-it I am.

It was fun watching him explore the track and make tiny adjustments to lines to find speed.
I've learned some new things to try.

Thanks Lewis

I've not played GTS so can't comment, I was more pointing out that Hamiltons time was fairly slow due to the circumstances and that he would be a lot faster given the opportunity, game or not.

dear friend, did you know he runnning at CB Ver.?

Just watched the entire 45min video... I'll never give up my love for Alonso, but, I now have a new outlook on Lewis...
I always thought he was too much a "punk" (flat-biller/hip-hop/globe trotter), and that his media statements were just a little too honest and humble... thought it was an act.
But having watched this, and listened to his self assessments and reactions to good work, and slips... I no longer think it's an act.

It was fun watching him explore the track and make tiny adjustments to lines to find speed.

Thanks Lewis

Same here :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it quite disrespectful that Kaz spoke in his native tongue 90% of the time, especially considering he is fairly fluent in English.

I found it quite disrespectful that Kaz spoke in his native tongue 90% of the time, especially considering he is fairly fluent in English.

...well, it all depends how you look at it. As I mentioned earlier, it is in their culture not to disrespect their own language...

About Kaz and speaking Japanese, I was under the impression he only knows very very basic English, which is why he always has a translator (san?) with him. They probably cut the video in such a way to remove the translations for better flow, and just had subtitles.

dear friend, did you know he runnning at CB Ver.?

Same here :cheers:

Not sure what you mean by "CB Ver."

About Kaz and speaking Japanese, I was under the impression he only knows very very basic English, which is why he always has a translator (san?) with him. They probably cut the video in such a way to remove the translations for better flow, and just had subtitles.

Not sure what you mean by "CB Ver."

oh, I mean it's close beta version, not product or other new version, The time record is not easy at that time.

Thanks Lewis
I've never understood the hate for Hamilton. He seemed no more arrogant than nearly all prodigiously talented young drivers are and seems to be turning into a more normal person as he's getting older. I can only think that it's because he is so successful, I can't imagine him getting that much stick if he was running round in 16th place all the time.

I had a go last night in Assetto Corsa with the Merc AMG GT3, I failed getting to my limits at high 1:59s and mostly running 2:00 laps. Struggles came down to keeping the tyre temperatures good (fronts got too cold on mediums, rears overheated really quickly on softs) and with consistency on the brake pedal, honestly think I need to replace my G27 or at least the pedals because I always struggle with braking consistency in sims where I can't feel where the brake is at.

It's hard to find a reference in Assetto Corsa too, the physics have changed so much over the years and cars can be seconds slower now than they were say a year ago. I didn't buy GTS because it would mean needing to buy a PS4, a new screen (with PS3 I used my PC monitor and my analogue hi-fi system) and a new wheel, didn't make a lot of sense given I only play a couple hours per week, if at all.

Edit : With that said though, looking at the above video it seems you can really attack the track a lot harder and get away with a lot more in GTS, in AC you have to be very smooth and precise to avoid oversteer/understeer or stability breaking loose.

Congrats, maybe try again - but without knocking the cones over this time.

Even on the same game physics I reckon I could get close, but that's after I've been playing it for two months with over 100 hours in the game.

I'm under the impression that Kaz can speak perfect English but for some reason doesn't want to when on screen. Anyway, I enjoyed that vid.
Apparently a lot of Japanese people are like that, can speak and understand English just fine but just won't speak it.
But Lewis face is priceless when he's just nodding away saying yeah while Kaz speaks to him lol.
I’ve mentioned it elsewhere, but this is somewhat common in Japanese business.

Although certain high-up Japanese businessmen in international corporations have decent English they will prefer to show absolute confidence in native Japanese than to appear less than optimal in another language. From what I have experienced, how a person projects themselves is quite important in that business culture.

Side note: A certain (non-Japanese) political figure can also speak good English, but doesn’t sound anywhere near as powerful as he does in his native tongue. I’m sure there’s still footage of it on YouTube :)

I had a go last night in Assetto Corsa with the Merc AMG GT3, I failed getting to my limits at high 1:59s and mostly running 2:00 laps. Struggles came down to keeping the tyre temperatures good (fronts got too cold on mediums, rears overheated really quickly on softs) and with consistency on the brake pedal, honestly think I need to replace my G27 or at least the pedals because I always struggle with braking consistency in sims where I can't feel where the brake is at.

It's hard to find a reference in Assetto Corsa too, the physics have changed so much over the years and cars can be seconds slower now than they were say a year ago. I didn't buy GTS because it would mean needing to buy a PS4, a new screen (with PS3 I used my PC monitor and my analogue hi-fi system) and a new wheel, didn't make a lot of sense given I only play a couple hours per week, if at all.

Edit : With that said though, looking at the above video it seems you can really attack the track a lot harder and get away with a lot more in GTS, in AC you have to be very smooth and precise to avoid oversteer/understeer or stability breaking loose.

I was lapping the nurburgring gp circuit earlier, tried it on both AC and PC2 and it seems to me that the track is a bit off in AC. The PC2 one is exactly the same as GTsport one. But in AC some of the sectors feel a bit longer than they perhaps should. Turns 2 to 4 seem a lot longer than in GTsport and PC2. Also the run down from 7 to 8 definitely feels and looks longer. Tbh most of the straights look and feel slightly longer. So dunno which is more accurate but it would be hard to compare lap times directly, not least because of different physics, but also the slight differences in the circuit. Imho.

I used the GTEYE brake mod on my G27 and then moved the brake spring into the clutch. Made a big difference in the feel of the brake pedal. Arrived within 2 or 3 days and the service was great.

I was lapping the nurburgring gp circuit earlier, tried it on both AC and PC2 and it seems to me that the track is a bit off in AC. The PC2 one is exactly the same as GTsport one. But in AC some of the sectors feel a bit longer than they perhaps should. Turns 2 to 4 seem a lot longer than in GTsport and PC2. Also the run down from 7 to 8 definitely feels and looks longer. Tbh most of the straights look and feel slightly longer. So dunno which is more accurate but it would be hard to compare lap times directly, not least because of different physics, but also the slight differences in the circuit. Imho.
The AC version is laser scanned. The difference you are seeing is likely in the FOV or your individual perception.

The AC version is laser scanned. The difference you are seeing is likely in the FOV or your individual perception.

I thought that too at first, but have a look at this video with a direct comparison of PC2 and AC. Track defo looks different in both games. Layout is obviously the same but the length of the straights and distance between turns is definitely different.

Edit: Having finally got back onto GTsport it actually looks like the PC2 version is the odd one out.
I would never attempt to say which one was more accurate but they are definitely different. And if the AC one has been laser scanned then, well we can make our own conclusions.

Last edited:
IMG_20171225_200856-1.jpg
And Merry Christmas!

I've never understood the hate for Hamilton.
Don't confuse not being a fan, with hate...

@GT Sport - did you use the car straight out of the "garage"... aka, no modifications and no BoP??
Just curious, I did this morning (bought the car -added a cool livery from online- went playing), got to 1.58:1xx and well, have other things to do today... I think I can do better, but, I doubt I have a second and a half in me.

Back