Nurburgring Hamilton Reference Lap

@GT Sport - did you use the car straight out of the "garage"... aka, no modifications and no BoP??
Just curious, I did this morning (bought the car -added a cool livery from online- went playing), got to 1.58:1xx and well, have other things to do today... I think I can do better, but, I doubt I have a second and a half in me.
Yes I used the free version also. The one that the game gives you for free when selecting cars.
With only ABS at default.

Hey! It was great to watch L. Hamilton driving on GT Sport, and gave some little but precious tips. Even if I know the physics aren't the same since the video was recorded, it made me want to mess around the Nürb GP with the AMG GT3 (no BoP/setup) to push myself with a car I'm not used to drive (+ not hitting the cones which I never activate).

I'm waiting for the second part!

And Happy Holidays everyone! :cheers:

To all the people beating Lewis' time quite easily, you have to remember that Lewis spends 99.99% of this time racing real cars, so his body is adapted to the limits of real world physics more than a game's physics. So even though GTS physics allows faster times, my feeling is Lewis wouldn't push the AMG beyond what his internal "sensor" deems possible in real life, hence the easily beatable lap times. If you keep this in mind, and try to drive conservatively and not abuse track limits or deficiencies in GTS' physics, then I imagine it would be quite challenging to beat the time. The physics updates post release does muck up direct comparisons though. Judging from license test times alone, laptimes are now easily 1-2 seconds faster than vanilla game.

The funniest moment I find is when Lewis asked Kaz what tyres he's on, and Kaz can only sheepishly said "Um, there's no particular brand" :lol: It's about time you simulate proper real world tyres instead of PD universe control tyres Kaz ;)

To all the people beating Lewis' time quite easily, you have to remember that Lewis spends 99.99% of this time racing real cars, so his body is adapted to the limits of real world physics more than a game's physics. So even though GTS physics allows faster times, my feeling is Lewis wouldn't push the AMG beyond what his internal "sensor" deems possible in real life, hence the easily beatable lap times. If you keep this in mind, and try to drive conservatively and not abuse track limits or deficiencies in GTS' physics, then I imagine it would be quite challenging to beat the time. The physics updates post release does muck up direct comparisons though. Judging from license test times alone, laptimes are now easily 1-2 seconds faster than vanilla game.

The funniest moment I find is when Lewis asked Kaz what tyres he's on, and Kaz can only sheepishly said "Um, there's no particular brand" :lol: It's about time you simulate proper real world tyres instead of PD universe control tyres Kaz ;)

With the current build of the game, he could probably cut 2 to 3 seconds off of his time best time. The build he was playing was from September. There is substantially more grip in version 1.10 of GT Sport.

Last edited:
Back