Nurburgring Hamilton Reference Lap

I'm under the impression that Kaz can speak perfect English but for some reason doesn't want to when on screen. Anyway, I enjoyed that vid.

Apparently a lot of Japanese people are like that, can speak and understand English just fine but just won't speak it.
But Lewis face is priceless when he's just nodding away saying yeah while Kaz speaks to him lol.

Last edited:
Interesting that he changed to a completely different set of shoes during the video. Two show sponsors to please or the first pair somehow less comfortable to 'drive' with?

Is a 1:56.8xx a serious time compared to what the aliens are doing?

It’s well outta my league but just curious how it sits.

He's paid to do that, of course he's going to praise/showcase Sony, GT, Puma, Thrustmaster and so on. They even took the time to fill the car selection screen only with Mercedes cars, talking about details.
We see those kind of commercials disguised as "normal" entertainment videos everywhere nowadays, at least this one wasn't as fake and lame as some of them, in my opinion. For example, despite having driven the Nurburgring GP for hundreds of laps in different racing games over the years, I never saw that hairpin before the Schumacher S as a double apex. That was quite interesting.

Also, it was also quite funny to read in the subtitles how impressed was Kazunori by Hamilton's driving. Maybe it was just a matter of watered-down translations to keep things simple, but... this one for example

Gran Turismo Sport - Lewis Hamilton .png

Almost like he was thinking "this guy is quite good with a wheel on his hands, I wasn't expecting that!"

Of course we don't know exactly what settings he was using on his laps, but this was my result using default (non-BoP) power and weight on the racing hard tires. Regardless of how legitimate his time, or my time, is, the reference laps videos from Lewis are still a great tool for less experienced players and his personality is a great addition to the game.

Depends, aliens have probably spent 10 hours straight finding the tracks penalty limits and grip levels.
Lewis was doing this on a pre release I guess.

I'm going to have to forget he said 'I usually use this view'.

To be fair I don’t think this was done that long ago, he posted on his insta this week about his new GTSPORT setup and it had the same wheel, could have been a week or so ago, tho maybe not :D

I did a 1:57.4 in the circuit experience lap on the sticks (TC1) with 20 mins practice.

Have yet to try it in TT mode with some personally suited suspension tuning and gear ratios.

I did a 1:57.4 in the circuit experience lap on the sticks (TC1) with 20 mins practice.

Have yet to try it in TT mode with some personally suited suspension tuning and gear ratios.

You should get that info to TOTO lol

I'm pretty sure this was pre release, I feel like I've seen bits of that video months ago.

Looking forward to getting home tonight and watching these... and I'm not even a LH "fan".
I think it's awesome he's spending time with the game.
I would never expect him to beat the aliens. Big difference between the real world and a game/gear built to be affordable to the masses... much more I doubt he is going to invest the time the aliens do... saw one guy note he uses his wheel on average 10hrs a day... Zooinks!

He's paid to do that, of course he's going to praise/showcase Sony, GT, Puma, Thrustmaster and so on. They even took the time to fill the car selection screen only with Mercedes cars, talking about details.
We see those kind of commercials disguised as "normal" entertainment videos everywhere nowadays, at least this one wasn't as fake and lame as some of them, in my opinion. For example, despite having driven the Nurburgring GP for hundreds of laps in different racing games over the years, I never saw that hairpin before the Schumacher S as a double apex. That was quite interesting.

Also, it was also quite funny to read in the subtitles how impressed was Kazunori by Hamilton's driving. Maybe it was just a matter of watered-down translations to keep things simple, but... this one for example

View attachment 701074

Almost like he was thinking "this guy is quite good with a wheel on his hands, I wasn't expecting that!"
Lewis be like
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAnYAAAAJGQyODg3ZDc0LWY5ZGQtNGEyMi05NjUxLTZmMDU5OGZiYjQ4Yg.jpg

Back