Nurburgring tales (Post your cool nurburgring stories here!)

All I did is to let off the gas once the straight nearly ends. However, If the speed I exited is too much, I'll slam the brakes hard, even if it costs me time.

...yeaah, this works in most cars. With the Yellow Bird, all you can do you is hope - hope your thumb doesn't detach from your hand because of the furious corrections.

(that said, yellow bird is so fun to drive)

I admit the Yellowbird is fast, but once you slam the accelerator, the oversteer will ruin the fun if you are a grip-happy racer. Due to this, it's suitable for drifting. And that is why I prefer the newer RGT or the legendary four-wheel drivey CTR2. On the 'Ring, of course.

The driver in that youtube video a few posts ago made it look so easy to drive a yellowbird on the ring. But the bigger challenge is driving the yellowbird with no aids and with the normal N1 tires. I accomplished driving the ring with N1's but that was with, of course, all driving aids applied. I'm still in the process of making a clean lap. I've been trying this since yesterday. Maybe this oughta occupy me as I'm waiting for old cars to arrive at the dealership.

The driver in that youtube video a few posts ago made it look so easy to drive a yellowbird on the ring. But the bigger challenge is driving the yellowbird with no aids and with the normal N1 tires. I accomplished driving the ring with N1's but that was with, of course, all driving aids applied. I'm still in the process of making a clean lap. I've been trying this since yesterday. Maybe this oughta occupy me as I'm waiting for old cars to arrive at the dealership.

:ill: oh my god i just did that. it's mostly clean, except for two little touches on the walls and a little trip on the grass.

It's even harder than driving the Renault 5 Turbo (Rally version) on dirt. Most of all, it's frustrating to have 480hp and not being able to use them.

I did 9:13:935 (obviously it could be improved, but this was my first try)

I recently tried both the Jaguar E-Type Coupe and the MB 300 SL Coupe. In the Jaguar I was all over the place. I must have gone off half a dozen times the first lap. This usually happens in a new car as I adjust my driving style to it, but this was worse than usual. I just couldn't seem to handle the car. First lap was a 9:21. On my second lap I can usually shave a few seconds off the first. Not with this car, second lap was a 9:23. I may have to give the Jag another try.

The MB felt so much better. The steering seemed much more responsive and direct. The power delivery was smooth and steady. I actually battled for the lead a bit. I did have 2 big offs in the later stages of my first lap, but was back up fighting for the lead on the straight. I crossed the finish line and felt very satisfied with my time of 9:21...

Wait, that was the same time as that Jag that spend as much time as a beached whale and a lawnmower as a sports car.

Oh well, I won't let that bother me and really do a great second lap...

9:21 again!

Ugh. I need to practice with these cars and the PSP some more. I think having a wheel with GT5 has hurt my d-pad and button tapping skills.

Surely someone here can get some respectable laps from these cars. I might try them on the PS3 in GT5 to see if its the controls, the cars, or just me.

I was leading with my RX-7 efini, then 2 tires touched the grass and suddenly I lost all traction which caused my car to spin 3 times and the other cars passed me. Thankfully I was able to recover and still got first place. :)

I recently tried both the Jaguar E-Type Coupe and the MB 300 SL Coupe. In the Jaguar I was all over the place. I must have gone off half a dozen times the first lap. This usually happens in a new car as I adjust my driving style to it, but this was worse than usual. I just couldn't seem to handle the car. First lap was a 9:21. On my second lap I can usually shave a few seconds off the first. Not with this car, second lap was a 9:23. I may have to give the Jag another try.

The MB felt so much better. The steering seemed much more responsive and direct. The power delivery was smooth and steady. I actually battled for the lead a bit. I did have 2 big offs in the later stages of my first lap, but was back up fighting for the lead on the straight. I crossed the finish line and felt very satisfied with my time of 9:21...

Wait, that was the same time as that Jag that spend as much time as a beached whale and a lawnmower as a sports car.

Oh well, I won't let that bother me and really do a great second lap...

9:21 again!

Ugh. I need to practice with these cars and the PSP some more. I think having a wheel with GT5 has hurt my d-pad and button tapping skills.

Surely someone here can get some respectable laps from these cars. I might try them on the PS3 in GT5 to see if its the controls, the cars, or just me.

Oh the E-type is a dog on the psp because you cant tune it properly. Yet to try the 300 >SL tho- its a beaut in gt5!

Looks like no one's interested posting here again.

My Honda NSX Type-R '91 spun out at Pflanzgarten at the last lap. All because someone tried to spook me behind in a Spoon S2000!

I have so many RING stories, I really don't know where to start. Lately I was running Time Trials with the Hachi Roku, and its rather hard to control the oversteer on almost all corners.

My last run at the 'Ring was a rather bad 5'26.321 in the Ferrari F2007 against 3 FGT's. It was quite fun and it is quick money.

well, I tried the Yellowbird on the Nurburgring, but I went too fast on one of the corners, and spun out, even with R1 tyres and the TCS on 5!

hahaha....i could never summon the patience to do that. I would break the PSP before i finish. Can you even imagine how slow that car is, and how long and boring the run would be?

Geez! i don't even want to think about it

There was one guy on GT4 who took an 1886 Daimler Motor Carriage round a lap of the 'Ring. Took him 20 hours and 47 minutes:embarrassed:

There was one guy on GT4 who took an 1886 Daimler Motor Carriage round a lap of the 'Ring. Took him 20 hours and 47 minutes:embarrassed:
I tried it with a Benz Motorwagen, but couldn't get up the first hill. 20hrs is crazy, how'd he even do a lap (B-Spec?) and more so get up the hill?

Back