Nurburgring tales (Post your cool nurburgring stories here!)

Same here, although it was the old GTHD demo that got me into favouring manual over automatic. Now, I hate racing automatic as you cannot always hold the gear you want at the revs you want. The suggested gear that flashes up at you is not always the correct one, as I found out rather quickly in the latest Time Trial demo.

I would use manual but I keep on forgetting to change up after a corner:grumpy:

Well, i bought this 1968 Nissan Fairlady cabriolet, gave it a run in another course and found it surpringly quick. So I decided to chuck it round the ring. 3 laps against modern fast cars and kept taking then re-taking the lead. Most of lap 3 in first place till the very end. Fluffed the corner coming off the long straight, crashed out and came last! I could have cried, lol
But tell you what, thats a car worth having in your garage!

Well, i bought this 1968 Nissan Fairlady cabriolet, gave it a run in another course and found it surpringly quick. So I decided to chuck it round the ring. 3 laps against modern fast cars and kept taking then re-taking the lead. Most of lap 3 in first place till the very end. Fluffed the corner coming off the long straight, crashed out and came last! I could have cried, lol
But tell you what, thats a car worth having in your garage!

Suprisingly, I find it very light for a cabriolet. Did you turn all the driving aids off?

Suprisingly, I find it very light for a cabriolet. Did you turn all the driving aids off?

Just TCS on i think (1) and only because I forget to look! All other aids off. I only use ASM if it's a twitchy FR/MR car and Im unable to do anything with it (that limit on your favourites is stupid!)

Sound interesting. Got a pic of that car so I know what exact model I should buy?

Aye well i found a youtube video of one in action (mine was beter behaved in psp), even the same colour as mine:

and heres a still from said video:
fairlady68.jpg

and theres this:
http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/130_0702_1968_datsun_2000_sports_fairlady/photo_04.html

A 5'05.xxx lap on the Ring with the F2007 Pro physics and no aids.

ps: An under 5 minutes is possible for me but I don't know if I want to deal with the headaches and frustation that comes with it. Anyone bother to try break the 5 minutes barrier?

Oh alright I'll be on the look out for that fairlady.

As for the 5 minute barrier with the F2007, seeing that my new record stands around the mid 5 minutes, I will probably not break the 5 minute barrier anytime soon. I could, however, learn a little something from your video.

A 5'05.xxx lap on the Ring with the F2007 Pro physics and no aids.

ps: An under 5 minutes is possible for me but I don't know if I want to deal with the headaches and frustation that comes with it. Anyone bother to try break the 5 minutes barrier?

SO sweet!!! that lap is just great!!👍

What are these WTAC events and how do they work on a psp?

Weekly Time Attack Challenge (WTAC): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=226

We're currently on week 39 (Corvette ZR1 or Nissan GT-R SpecV @ Nurburgring) and the competitors use the selected car or cars at the chosen track in Time Trial mode. The obvious goal is to get your personal best time and submit the ghost replay file (along with a photo of the appropriate screen) at the end of the challenge (Monday before 4 pm GMT+2). Once the replays are reviewed the submission is deemed to be 'clean' (no cheating), the host makes the final post showing how everyone finished and updates the overall standings. It's competitive, but in a very relaxed and helpful atmosphere - we have no qualms of giving tuning tips or other racing help to each other. It's all about enjoying GT PSP's cars/tracks in a friendly environment while trying to improve one's driving abilities.

:)

Weekly Time Attack Challenge (WTAC): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=226

We're currently on week 39 (Corvette ZR1 or Nissan GT-R SpecV @ Nurburgring) and the competitors use the selected car or cars at the chosen track in Time Trial mode. The obvious goal is to get your personal best time and submit the ghost replay file (along with a photo of the appropriate screen) at the end of the challenge (Monday before 4 pm GMT+2). Once the replays are reviewed the submission is deemed to be 'clean' (no cheating), the host makes the final post showing how everyone finished and updates the overall standings. It's competitive, but in a very relaxed and helpful atmosphere - we have no qualms of giving tuning tips or other racing help to each other. It's all about enjoying GT PSP's cars/tracks in a friendly environment while trying to improve one's driving abilities.

:)
Oh, time trials. I hate time trials. The psp version really is crap for online racing!

Looks like no one bothered posting here in this thread.

Has anyone tried running NSXs on the 'Ring?

I was in the process of driving every car in a 2 lap race on the 'Ring. I know I did a few different flavors of NSX. I really like the way the NSX handles, much less lift-throttle oversteer than other MR cars. The car is also quite nimble and brakes well due to its light weight. If only there was a AWD NSX...

Don't have any cool stories about the NSX on the 'Ring, but its a good car for a great track.

Hey guys, post numbah 200 had passed since this thread opened! And today's my birthday too so odds are i'm getting GT5 to play it at my sisters house just to let everyone know!

Yeah, i've been too busy playing other video games. I've kinda been waiting for quite some time to get my hands on them.

I see that people are talking about the NSX. I feel like doing a time trial with an NSX on S2's and my subaru prodrive on S3's. Knowing that the weight on the NSX is much lower than the impreza, can the tires still provide an exceptional edge for the prodrive? Lets find out!

Update: close match. The NSX defeats my prodrive by 1 second. The NSX moved a bit quicker on certain turns, the prodrive hugged the road the whole time. In fact, it drifted a few times. But again, this was a very close match.

Now i'm going to do the same thing with the subaru impreza and the legacy. The legacy with S3's and the prodrive with the S2's.

Update: the Prodrive defeats the legacy by 5 full seconds. The S2's didn't really slow him down on some curves.

Last edited:
Long time no post. Happy Birthday Lancia stratos! I was about to send you a pic of a Stratos in the 'Ring (GT5) however it's suffering from a red light error....

Oh and I tried using the NSX Type R '91 on the 'Ring and won against friends in S800 RSC race cars. We used S1s for that race.

P.S. What particular NSX were you driving?

Last edited:
I decided to take my Spyker C8 Laviolette '01 round the ring for some fun. My opponents were a Vette ZR1 from 2009, a Le Mans quattro from 2003 and a Ford GT from 2005. I know they aren't random toy cars, but i still wanted to go, alltrough i am not very experienced. The GT and the ZR1 were, weird enough, no real opponents for my C8. The Audi however managed to stay ahead of me for a long time. My little car however spinned out but i didn't had to start from last place. After 4 minutes i was finally getting good control of the Spyker. I did lost control a bit in the Carrousel, but i was getting it back quick after that. The last part was not a good part. The car was going everywhere and i knew why they call it professional. I was last, and needed to really give everything. I managed to overtake the quattro on the last straight thanks to slipstream. All in a total time of 8'06.590, with just the Audi 00.503 behind me. The rewards were 60 thousand euro's and B mode unlocked.

Conclusion: Professional is only for professionals, not for people who want to try it.

I decided to take my Spyker C8 Laviolette '01 round the ring for some fun. My opponents were a Vette ZR1 from 2009, a Le Mans quattro from 2003 and a Ford GT from 2005. I know they aren't random toy cars, but i still wanted to go, alltrough i am not very experienced. The GT and the ZR1 were, weird enough, no real opponents for my C8. The Audi however managed to stay ahead of me for a long time. My little car however spinned out but i didn't had to start from last place. After 4 minutes i was finally getting good control of the Spyker. I did lost control a bit in the Carrousel, but i was getting it back quick after that. The last part was not a good part. The car was going everywhere and i knew why they call it professional. I was last, and needed to really give everything. I managed to overtake the quattro on the last straight thanks to slipstream. All in a total time of 8'06.590, with just the Audi 00.503 behind me. The rewards were 60 thousand euro's and B mode unlocked.

Conclusion: Professional is only for professionals, not for people who want to try it.

What tires are you using?

R3/R3

so Racing Hard tires.

Actually those are racing soft tires. The higher the number the better, but then your opponets will be tougher.

Alright, just now, I bought some lancers (Yuck!) and more imprezas. I'm having time attack challenges with them. Besides doing test course with them because I already did that on GT4, I'm making each model (old vs old, modern vs. Modern) going against each other. Without further ado, I'm starting with the 1995 lancer against the 1994 Impreza. Will post the timings as well.

Update: WINNER! The 1994 Subaru Impreza! The impreza went against the ghost of the red Lancer. The lancer's record was 8:06. The Impreza's was 7:56! The Lancer got SWEPT!

However, the 1995 Lancer can outrun the 1994 Impreza at test course
:grumpy: but it couldn't manuever the curves as quick and nimble as the Impreza did.

Next up, The 1998 Subaru Impreza 22B-STI vs. The 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer. Lets see how this goes.

Update: WINNER! The 1998 Subaru Impreza. At first I thought that the lancer was gonna win, but the Lancer felt like a fish out of water on certain turns. The turns didn't seem to faze the Impreza much. It kept itself under control. It was a close match as the Impreza finish with a time of 7:43. The Lancer, 7:44. However, the lancer can out run the impreza at test course.

Next up, The 1999 Subaru Impreza vs. The 1999 Mitsubishi lancer.

Update: WINNER! The 1999 Subaru Impreza. The Lancer Swerved on 1 or 2 parts. The impreza was consistant on its handling. It was pretty fun driving this car. In fact, the 1999 impreza broke the prodrive's record by 1 full second. It was a nimble old car! The time, was 7:40.

Oh wait, oh no. This part, the Lancer usually outruns the impreza at test course. But not this time! The Impreza reached 167 MPH so that lancer was at least 10 MPH short. Man that Impreza has a lot of fight in him.

I gotta get some sleep now. Tommorrow, its the 2000 Subaru Impreza vs the 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer T.M.E.

Update: WINNER! The 2000 Subaru Impreza. Its was a very close match. The Impreza was trailing the Lancer for a good 3 minutes. All it took was one curve to change all that. It became a photo finish when the Impreza defeated the lancer by 0.100 seconds.

Next up, The 2001 Subaru Impreza Prodrive Style vs. The 2001 Mitsubishi Lancer.

Update: WINNER! The 2001 Mitsubishi Lancer. (BOO!) the lancer swepted not only the prodrive but made 2 new records....ugh..... 7:35

Next up, The 2002 Subaru Impreza vs the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

Update: WINNER! The 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer. It appears that the extra 10 pounds on the Impreza made him less agile compared to the Lancer.

COME ON SUBIES! GET IT TOGETHER!!!

Next up, the 2004 Subaru Impreza Spec C vs the 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer.

Update: WINNER! The 2004 Subaru Impreza Spec C! The Impreza Dominated the Lancer by A full 7 seconds. Not only was he faster, but he was also nimble thanks to its weight deduction. The Impreza's time was 7:27 while the Lancer's was 7:34.

Alright, the rally car challenge is coming up! This will be a knock out match!

1999 Subaru Impreza Rally Car 1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Rally Car
2001 Subaru Impreza Rally Car vs 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Rally Car
2003 Subaru Impreza Rally Car 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Super Rally Car

Now its The 1999 Subaru Impreza rally car vs the 1997 Mitsubishi Rally car.

Update: WINNER! The 1999 Subaru Impreza Rally Car! It defeated the Lancer by a full 10 seconds! Although, gotta give credit to the lancer for handling itself better than the Impreza that time. It kinda drifted at times that normal Impreza's wouldn't.

Alright, The 97 Lancer is out. So now its the 1999 Subaru Impreza Rally car vs. The 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer.

Update: WINNER! The 1999 Subaru Impreza Rally Car. Wow, a 2-win streak. Now lets see if it can go 3-0.

The 1999 Subaru Impreza Rally Car vs. The 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer "Super" Rally Car.

Update: WINNER! The 1999 Subaru Impreza Rally Car! Wow! This old machine went 3-0. Despite having a slight drifting problem, this car didn't even lose once against them.

Well, thats all for the Imprezas vs. Lancers time trials. Maybe I'll do a Lancia Stratos vs. (A slow sports car) or anything creative. Feel free to give me ideas.

Last edited:
Oops... But if R3 is soft, what are R2 and R1? Isn't R3 then slicks, R2 soft and R1 hard?

R1's are hard
R2's are medium
R3's are soft.

The R3's gives off excellent performance, but do not use it while driving a SLR Mclaren. Your opponets will end up being Buggati Veyrons.

Back